Art Thread. Post your work here...

Discussion in 'Lipstick Gallery' started by MissAndrya, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Pyronoa Zoro

Pyronoa Zoro Demon Cutter

As for the others. I know my critiques are going to make me come off like a fucking prick, but i'd rather be honest in favor of sparing feelings. you're not going to get any better if you're always being misled into believing you're a good artist...because you're not. :)
    you most likely never will be, but that's no reason to quit trying to improve.

gala's paintings do nothing for me, but they are better than some amateur works i've seen. The village one in particular. the bee one is bright and flashy, but that's all that is. the last two are a bit bland and forgettable. though the last one had potential; i like the tree and the clouds, but the rest of it/background doesn't work. Gala certainly has some artistic skill, but there's something missing.
    how do you go about choosing what you're going to paint? it's almost as if you start from an actual source and then use your imagination to fill in the blanks, but it doesn't mesh well.

zyc, your portraits are horrid, my nig. If I can be so blunt. something i might have quickly sketched in the 1st grade and still had been embarrassed to show anyone else. the 3rd one with the woman wincing is probably your best one. they all look like the beginning outlines of a portrait...maybe the first hour of what would be a 10-20 hour piece. you ever tried shading? that would greatly improve those sketches.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  2. MissAndrya

MissAndrya Evolution is what is.

Prismacolor pencil crayons are really soft, and fill in better, but SO soft it's difficult to get/keep a sharp edge. I actually prefer Laurentian, but they don't have the color variety.

Yes, I can post a pic of my progress.

I was frustrated as shit with the soldier, lol. The camo is all done by hand which was teeedious. I was aware of the leg issues, and am quite disappointed with that as well, but the piece overall turned out. It was for my husband (I had been doing so many pieces he was all like 'what about me??, lol), and he actually chose several pictures and wanted me to combine elements from them (changed the hat, holster etc.).

Yeah, my sketches leave a lot to be desired, lol. Keep in mind though that I went over 20 years without having done any art...so I kind of picked up where I left off at the age of 18. I missed a lot of years of honing my skills, lol. As for pencils, I'm not even sure...I just pick them up without looking, really. I have a set of HB's that I use, but don't pay attention to what I have in my hand.
    test
  3. Pyronoa Zoro

decent brands. guess i'll just have to spend on several high quality ones to find out for myself.

yeah, the camo couldn't have been easy. I probably would have started getting headaches from seeing optical illusions halfway through. It is a good overall piece, but my focus keeps going down to that leg.

That is a long gap. why did you pick it back up all of a sudden? My longest was about 4 years and that seemed like a lifetime ago. I haven't done or started anything new in maybe 2-3 years now...other than quick sketches here and there. Depressing.
    I usually just use a regular number 2. Someone bought me a set once, because they thought it was ridiculous that I was only using a standard school pencil. Lost most of the set.
    test
  4. MissAndrya

MissAndrya Evolution is what is.

@Esoteriq inspired me to get back into it. We were having a discussion about video games (of which I knew nothing about at the time) so he was showing me pictures of characters and telling me story lines etc.. Once I saw a few, I was pretty sure I could do it again. I'm glad I did, as I really enjoy it...just wish I had more time.

He actually has Dante framed in his apartment now.

BTW, I'm going to be switching to my new user name @MissBreezy, so will post from that name from now on :)

For the record, if you love art, you should totally pick it back up :)
    test
  5. Pyronoa Zoro

That's what got you back into it? seems really random after 20 years.

I haven't abandoned it...just lazy about it. shamelessly wasting away the talent.

Ezio?
    test
  6. MissBreezy

MissBreezy The God Pestilence

Oh yes..

[​IMG][/url] how to screenshot on windows 7[/IMG]

My studio is currently full of boxes etc. from my son moving home. I reeeeally want to finish him.

Yeah, bit random indeed. The story of why I stopped in the first place is much more....interesting, but we'll leave it at that.
    test
  7. Pyronoa Zoro

Very nice.

Which color pencils are you using for that one?
    test
  8. DefKnotEmo

DefKnotEmo G.R.G.

Please do artwork for my 2d side scrolling game. I will pay you. Please pm me.
    test
  9. PR STATUS GFU

PR STATUS GFU Under The Influence

pretty coo pics..
    test
  10. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

my fav color pencils are the steadtler ones

agreed on prismacolor being soft....Still ive never been a fan of my colored pencil work, not good at coloring lol, but i havent done much of it. I paint digitally and its way diff than on paper, you dont even need to know how to mix color, which is a huge deal when painting for real on canvas. Recently picked up watercolor painting again. As a break from all the damn computer work i do. Theres watercolor pencils too(graphite and color), they are a neat way to do watercolor.
    test
  11. Superman70

Superman70 edited

big surprise pyro didn't post anything.

I want to start learning to draw soon. i'm horrible at it.
    test
  12. MissBreezy

MissBreezy The God Pestilence

How did I not reply to this??

Man, so many. Part of my process is to make color charts of all the required colors I'll need (for example, I'll make a square of each shade of red I have, yellow, brown etc.), then match them to the color of the original. From there I start making a chart of blended colors for the shaded areas (or if a certain color by itself isn't quite right) etc. (writing down the names of each color for everything, btw).

Too many colors to list, but the majority are Prismacolor, with a few Laurentian or other name brand ones in there.
    test
  13. Superman70

Superman70 edited

you guys should post more pics.
    test
  14. BangBang1

BangBang1 Bang Bang Hoody Gang

[​IMG]

fuck it why not, I did this last week for my cousin who recently passed away (a little over a week ago)

tell me whatchu think.
    • +Rep +Rep x 3
    test
  15. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

My sincerest condolences. :(

You've done a really god job btw..
    test
  16. BangBang1

thank you.. dude was a real wild dude so it was a bit expected that he will go out young

but that's part of life, I guess.

but it really got me back into drawing (haven't done it in 2 years) I wish I had my tablet and all still so I can really do that drawing justice.

here another one that I did with a tablet a while back.

[​IMG]
    • +Rep +Rep x 2
    test
  17. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Sometimes it takes a tragedy in order for creativity to be awoken. You're really talented. :)
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  18. BangBang1

sadly but true.

and thank you.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  19. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Yw, anytime. :)
    test