Are You Really?

Discussion in 'Writer's Block' started by Madnick, Feb 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Madnick

Madnick Modern Laureate

That Poetic. Do you think you know poetry when you really dont? Why is poetry yourt passion?
    test
  2. Philly_215

Philly_215 The Silent Poet

i aint saying i know poetry all of it. i got a feel for somethings others i say i don't but i give them there just due. And poetry is my passion cause i aint got shit else. My pen and pad are the only ones that are always there for me
    test
  3. absolute zero

absolute zero Among the living

i don't know anything about poetry. I just write it.
    test
  4. MISSKEYdaQUEEN

MISSKEYdaQUEEN Watch the black panther..

Yes and somewhat. I am poetry...and I learn more and more about poetry the longer I live!
    test
  5. Madnick

Madnick Modern Laureate

I'm like AZ.. I just write it I dont know it that much.
    test
  6. RealMS

RealMS Ne te quaesiveris extra

"Poetic" has various terms, so ha I'll get shanked if someone who knows me well on here read it but I guess it would depend on what TERM you're talking about.

I plan to study it in college as well, but even then I don't believe I will feel I have "mastered" it, it's just indefinite to me, and is never complete, because I write from experience-and that is something that never dies, even when my time is up.

Poetry allows me to release myself, mentally I guess you can say-just like track allows physically. You make me wanna write a poem about this lol.
    test
  7. ~Eloquent

~Eloquent Narcissistic....

basically
    see people might criticize you cuz your not in to writing with all the modern styles,or whatever
    but i feel i do connect with it cuz i never felt like i connected with anything else at all,except basketball...
    test
  8. Madnick

Madnick Modern Laureate

me2..........................
    test
  9. Catch TWENTY 2

Catch TWENTY 2 Poet Extrodinaire

I don't know what I am. I often get criticized because I don't use all this imagery and I don't conform to the norm. I've been told I don't have a style and that I'm not creative. So I don't know what I am. I just write and try to write real talk. I don't try to define me. I just am what I am. It's your opinion on wether I'm poetic or if I'm poetry enough!
    test
  10. RealMS

RealMS Ne te quaesiveris extra

^give me some dap
    test
  11. Madnick

Madnick Modern Laureate

my point exactly. Is poetry just rap without rhymes in some caes or is it more because it is so posed to contain more emotion?
    test
  12. absolute zero

i'd hoop you,son.

lol, kiddin, but seriously. bring that shit.
    test
  13. absolute zero

No. you could compare poetry to anything that has a high level of emotion. Rap included.

Here's the difference.

Anyone who tells you poetry is just written emotion, is lying. Poetry has emotion in it, but it's not what it's all about. There are so many different ways to write a poem. Free verse, rhyming, etc, etc........

A poet doesn't display emotion, he/she makes ordinary words, and thoughts, and makes them beautiful. basically.
    test
  14. Madnick

Madnick Modern Laureate

I feel that AZ..
    test
  15. MC_Paste

MC_Paste

I know myself and I can write poetry... and I write poetry to know myself...

I write poetry to become self confident one day and say to the world.. I write good poetry.. no1 knows I write poetry in my life except this one gurl who got me to write poetry.. and its a shame we dont talk anymore.. so I havent written ANYTHING in a long time
    test
  16. Madnick

Madnick Modern Laureate

man dont let all that happen I think that you should be proud to be a poet and you shouldnt be affraid if you will to show your work. I think a poet should be proud of what he has written.
    test
  17. ~Eloquent

~Eloquent Narcissistic....

dog i used to have a shot,
    like almost anywhere from the court
    i can still shoot,but never had to much else with my game
    like i was never to good with the pressure
    i just gotta take time to warm up though..
    plus that smokin gets to you,
    test
  18. Insense

Insense take one...

as your work comes from the heart and is done with emotions, then you have already mastered the art of poetry. It's not any definate thing or structure, and that is the true beauty or essence of poetry, too many people try to adjust their minds to think what poetry means to others...when in fact, you should write poetry for yourself.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.