Are you ladylike?

Discussion in 'Ladies Lounge' started by tight-eyes, Mar 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tight-eyes

tight-eyes Such a F*cking Lady!

are you feminine and dainty? Or more aggressive and masculine? Or do you fall somewhere inbetween?

I have never considered myself to be ladylike, nor has it ever been anything I've ever desired to be. I cuss a lot (fuckin LOVE cussing too!!!), I scratch, I belch, etc. But I do have manners. I don't do that shit in public. I just consider that good home training.

Some guys I've dated have told me I apprear/behave very conservative and "reserved", but I have never seen myself that way or as trying to "act like a lady". Some of my behavior happens to coincide with what others might deem "ladylike", but that has never been my intention.

What does being a lady and ladylike mean to you? Is it something you [consciously] strive to be?
    test
  2. Gorilla Nasty

Gorilla Nasty I'm lame TBH

Shame, I always had the perception that you were "Such A F*cking Lady!":frown:
    test
  3. Dark_Sun

Dark_Sun Phantom of the Forums

But doesn't the phrase coupled with the avy contradict itself?
    test
  4. tight-eyes

^^ smart man ;-)
    test
  5. Hidden_Poetry

Hidden_Poetry New Member

I like to say I'm inbetween. Definently not girly girly. Growing up I was always the boyish one, never liked pink until hte last 2 yrs. Maybe it's the older I get the more "girly" I become? I don't know. But I'm not the type to be real "ladylike". Or at least I don't think so, lol.
    test
  6. MISSKEYdaQUEEN

MISSKEYdaQUEEN Watch the black panther..

It depends on who I'm with. I am for the most part ladylike unless I'm with really close intimate fam. But otherwise I am ladylike.
    test
  7. Dark_Sun

Are you being sarcastic or supporting me in trying to explain this to Gorilla?
    test
  8. sagacious infant

sagacious infant reflecting the sun

I'm somewhere in between.
    test
  9. Dark_Sun

in between a rock and a hard place?
    test
  10. I have a nice quote about thios topic From Friedrich Nietzsche:

"Man wants woman to be peaceful - but woman is essentially unpeaceful, like the cat, however well she may have trained herself to present an appearance of peace".

Not sure about women being "essentially unpeaceful", but there is definately something in the "Training to present an appearance" part, i.e., femininity. I also think this captures nicely how men (and women) expect women to be this way and when they are not quite that way; say not quite as feminine as they thought, they feel threatened. For instance, a man is typically turned off by a woman who belches because that is not "ladylike" and we assume a woman "naturally" is delicate, dainty, pure, clean, soft, fragrant, airy, etc and should not therefore do these unangelic things.

I just think you are fighting back against a system you no longer buy into Tight...constructed femininity...and I cant hate on your for that at all. I feel the same way about masculinity, but I have another enemy to go with it -- pride.
    test
  11. Dark_Sun

So let me get this right...You feel the urge to act NON masculine but your "Man Pride" is the only thing stopping you from flaunting your "Gay Pride"?
    test
  12. tight-eyes

I was serious as a heart attack babe.
    test
  13. tight-eyes

Same here. I was a straight tomboy up until around the early high school years. Still have a lot of that in me.
    test
  14. ThisMiss

ThisMiss Guest

I like to think of myself somewhere in between, I definitely grew up as a tomboy, but I'd say within the last 4 years I've become a lot more feminine, wearing makeup and such.
    test
  15. tight-eyes

I thought of this topic over the weekend when I did something "unladylike" and my aunt said to me "you're no lady!". I was like "and? big deal... I never said I was" LOL. No man has ever said that to me... except my brothers... but that's just b/c I dutch oven they asses.

I don't consider my fighting against anything, per se... I just am what I am *shrug*. Some of my mannerisms and behaviors fall inside the "feminine" category, while many others don't. And I'm okay with that.

It just boggles my mind that people still throw that "ladylike" crap around like that is supposed to mean something serious or be some huge insult.
    test
  16. I think when it comes to men, having someone ladylike often means having someone submissive, and why on earth would men want to give up being in the dominant role? Women such as yourself, flip the script and they feel threatened. It is this same femininity that has always stroked his male ego also, and he doesn't want to lose that.
    test
  17. Dark_Sun

Oh ok. I thought you were but I wasn't quite sure. It is April Fools Day you know! LOL
    test
  18. Dark_Sun

Not necessarily. I think an insecure man depends on having a woman behave that way around him and be submissive to stroke a very weak ego that he may have probably due to a bunch of insecurities. A real man doesn't go looking for a weak woman at all because he is comfortable that he will always be man enough for any woman if that makes any sense. I want a truely independent woman who can think for herself and, in essence, add value and substance in my life and not just be a pretty face and a good fuck that blindly agrees with everything I feel.
    test
  19. tight-eyes

I agree. Dude's like that are usually pretty weak themselves and that is ahuge turn-off, so I don't be checking for them anyway. They get side-stepped with the quickness.

But on the flip side, a lot of men are not like that. A lot of men appreciate a strong-minded woman. Not crass or overly confrontational, but able to stand on her own, articulate valid points, and who he knows will have his back & not crumble when the going gets tough. He can lean on her as she does him, and seek her counsel and trust her judgement and not be burdened with the pressure of always having to "lead" & make every choice on his own.
    test
  20. MiSt_Of_CoNfUsIoN

MiSt_Of_CoNfUsIoN Ray of Sunshine

I'm classy.. A little bit fem but I don't have an issue getting dirty..I was raised a tomboy so all the outdoor sports, working on cars, camping, etc is the kind of stuff I still love to do.

It is definitely something I strive to be. I want to be known as a classy female and with my work ( and the fact that I live in a smaller town) its best to actually BE classy not just play the role at work because you'll get caught. lol
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.