Are you fully committed to HBK vs. HHH at 'Mania?

Discussion in 'Smack Down!' started by M-theory, Feb 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T.a.C

T.a.C Guest

gut, a second ago you said hhh would be fighting shaemus. explain?
    test
  2. .. i said i didnt see them putting shaemus in a main event at mania but i could be wrong...

one way i see this happening is micheals winning the MITB

hhh will face taker, or edge will face him if they dont do edge vs jericho, after the match is over micheals will come out to cash in the briefcase and end his streak
    test
  3. T.a.C

T.a.C Guest

test
  4. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

It's a 10 match show usually. I didn't try to list the whole card.

Bret vs. Vince and Cena vs. Batista are obviously prone to being combined into a tag match.

Edge vs Taker could still happen. Edge vs. Jericho and Taker vs. Rey is speculation. I see Edge facing whoever wins the Smackdown Chamber match. I don't see Taker's streak ending. If he goes into 'Mania as champ, then he comes out champ so then when does he take time off? Edge and Jericho has been building since the Rumble and has that pre-return storyline drawn into it. They could wait for it, but it depends on what Taker's doing. Edge is waiting until Elimination Chamber to make his choice. Jericho is in the Chamber. Rey is in the Chamber. I'm looking at it from the POV that Rey lost last month to Taker, with it being the Chamber it's possible that Rey could get an upset pinfall on Undertaker for a storyline that has some build to it already. Rey would become the underdog story again because he pinned the Undertaker and he'd claim he could beat Taker at WrestleMania. While Taker has no reason to wrestle Shawn at 'Mania again, he'd certainly want to prove Rey's pin on him was a fluke.

That's my line of thinking. Like I said, though... I don't know. I want to see the results of the Chamber.
    test
  5. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

lolwut

If Shawn can't get a match with Undertaker how then fuck does Triple H get one?

Don't you mean Shawn would insert himself into the match with Edge?

The fact that you haven't thought about MITB until now makes me think that you're slow.
    test
  6. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

Heck, Edge vs. Sheamus is still possible if they drop Randy into something with Legacy. They have a bunch of shit set up. Orton has become Sheamus' tackling dummy though. It could just be build-up for the Chamber, but Sheamus has to take care of more than just Orton.
    test
  7. abz is died.

abz is died. #puppybreathandcinnamon

I'm surprised Gut hasn't picked DiBbiase to win the Elimination Chamber. I mean, he was pretty much a lock to win the Rumble before we got SWERVED, right?
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  8. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

That's who he's picking in the Prediction Contest, he just doesn't want WWE to see his prediction and SWERVE him again.
    test
  9. Priceless

Priceless Like I'm doin it for TV

not to be nitpicky but last time wm broke 10 matches was wm 22...

i dig ur picks n see ur line of thinking but it just seems contradictory to what wm should be this year.

joke is, they're prolly not too far off.

i think gut is onto something with hbk entering/winning mitb.

vince v. bret is a lock.
    edge v. jericho is a good look, undertaker losing the belt at the elimination chamber seems possible. but jericho holding the belt for only a month is kinda wack.
    i think it's sort of odd that batista's not in the elimination chamber, but batista/cena makes a good wrestlemania match that doesn't put either of them in the title running.
    i dont see mysterio in wm at all.
    sheamus needs a match tho, i guess orton's as likely a candidate as anyone.
    i think sheamus is leaving the elim. chamber with the belt mostly bc they're still trying to deem him worthy of holding it. sheamus was cursed with getting the belt too early so now everyone's trying to make him a believable champion AFTER the fact since he never proved himself before getting it.

he won't keep it past mania tho, i think that's pretty obvious.
    test
  10. Nam Dekan

Nam Dekan i got a tip in my pocket

I think if Sheamus holds the belt going into Mania I doubt his match is one on one.
    test
  11. jericho held the title for a month the last 4 times he had it lol
    test
  12. MITB hasn't been very memorable sense it first started.. i think everyone could agree with that statement.. i don't even look forward to it anymore
    i don't think wwe is very strict on hey you cant wrestle on this show anymore.. so hhh vs taker is very likely.... hhh is going to say what if i want to end the undertakers streak? hhh puts his title on the line against taker at mania... then hbk will cash in his MITB, and not even realize that he has won the title.. but he has ended undertakers streak... but theres a catch here.. taker will loose his streak but it will be in a triple thread so he's still undefeated in one on one

and rey will be at mania there doing a hair vs mask match with cm punk vs rey mysterio
    test
  13. abz is died.

Why the fuck would they end his streak "with a catch" in a match that wasn't really even advertised?
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  14. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

There's no way WWE would rob Rey of a pay day when he was injured two 'Manias in a row.
    test
  15. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

So HHH loses in the Chamber and then is going to get a title match against Undertaker just because he wants one, but Shawn has to win MITB to do it?
    test
  16. Priceless

Priceless Like I'm doin it for TV

all good points, further emphasizing my position that there are way too many main event storylines going into wm.

wm is gonna be too overblown and it's gonna wind up sucking.
    test
  17. i said hhh wins in the chamber and says hey... what if i want to end the undertakers undefeated streak shawn.. and puts the WWE title on the line against taker.... HBK will win the money in the bank then come out and cash it in against taker in the wwe title match.... not even realizing that he has won the wwe title but has ended the undertakers streak....
    test
  18. abz is died.

Well, that and the fact that he's a huge draw amongst Hispanics, so not putting him on the card costs them tons of buys in one of their hottest markets. Apparently Mania did 10x better in Mexico than they were expecting last year.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  19. abz is died.

So you've got an injured Taker working two matches at Mania and Shawn ending the streak only after Taker has already had a match against HHH? What does any of this accomplish other than literally killing Taker?
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  20. Nam Dekan

Nam Dekan i got a tip in my pocket

I could see Punk winning the chamber match and Edge challenging him and then Jericho getting in there somehow

I think maybe also, lets say Sheamus retains and he is boasting like oh I've beaten everyone on Raw and this leads to him taking on Undertaker at Mania
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.