"Are You An Expert on Anything?"

Discussion in 'The Alley' started by M-theory, Oct 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

Just wondering what y'all are good at. Do you have any real expertise on anything?

You study anything? What do you know?
    test
  2. Feme Sole

Feme Sole Mrs. _Evil

nah....i know a little about a lot....haha

i have a bachelor's in criminology but ehhhhh

right now i have two majors.....elementary ed. and special ed.
    i'm going to get my masters in special ed. though, with a concentration on autism....eventually....
    test
  3. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

lol same here -- i don't take a real interest in a whole lot of things... so i'm trying to discover a ton of shit that might actually interest me and cram it into my skull.

too much stuff i just find boring.

are you actually interested in any of that? haha

the lesser of evils?
    test
  4. Feme Sole

Feme Sole Mrs. _Evil

i used to be really into crim. type stuff....not the stuff i learned about in school though.....just like serial killers and the like....criminal minds if you will....but the jobs you can get with a crim. degree are limited and don't interest me at all.....like i couldn't see me being a probation officer lmao

i'm interested in the special ed. yeah....specifically autism....
    test
  5. Langford

Langford New Member

posting on message boards.

i know a lot about screenwriting. format and rules and story structure and all. but i haven't actually sold one, so i wouldn't call myself an expert.

i studied literature and learned a lot about it, but, again, wouldn't use the word "expert."
    test
  6. Langford

Langford New Member

I'm an expert at some videogames. but that's not the same as being an expert "ON" videogames i think.
    test
  7. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

oh yeah, so... it wasn't like some big mistake that you went into criminology class and were let down or anything though, huh? like, you just picked it, it wasn't like a degree you were hoping to put to use or anything...?

when it comes to special ed. and stuff like that, i personally can see many reasons people would want to get into it, and i understand why the learning about it would be needed, but i wouldn't find the aspect of learning it all that interesting. i guess i see the road to feeling accomplished in it is a shit one... but once you're there you got something special.... no pun intended.
    test
  8. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

i've been interested in screenwriting and such since i was 16. i guess that's what... wow, 8 years... and i ain't done shit in it. when i was 16 i wanted to BE a screenwriter. but yeah, i still like to follow the profession from time to time. so i started learning all that format and stuff back then... my problem was that i was into the idea of it, but i never actually sat down a wrote a finished first draft script even. i'm still one of those writer-types though, so maybe one day after i accomplish myself in other areas i might actually sit down a pump one out -- i'm not invested in it though.
    test
  9. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

i hate video games lol
    test
  10. Feme Sole

Feme Sole Mrs. _Evil

nah....not a mistake....if i were to win the lottery, (which i won't because i don't play)....i would just be a prof. student and rack up random degrees in shit i'm interested in....
    test
  11. ThisMiss

ThisMiss Guest

I'm an expert on knitting
    test
  12. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

lmao i'd put money into business, but yeah, i'd probably do some of that too. the classroom environment is fun. i doubt i'd earn any degrees though.
    test
  13. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

you should expand into needlepoint, i needle you to make me a wallhanging.
    test
  14. ThisMiss

ThisMiss Guest

Haha.. I've tried it before, and I've tried crocheting too, but I like knitting best
    test
  15. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

Music and fighting are the big two.

I'm a king of all trades.
    test
  16. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

Mac Sabbath = An episode of Beat The Geeks
    test
  17. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

I liked that show.
    test
  18. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

a few more things:

- I'm really good at making money no matter where I'm at.
    - I have the art of scoring chicks down to a science. I could whoop that Mystery guy's ass.
    - I'm naturally great with all animals except domesticated cats, and I'm pretty good with them. Just this morning I came across a loose dog that scared a mail lady into her truck, and I handled the sitcho. She kept frantically asking me ''want some dog mace?" Bitch.
    test
  19. DannyC

DannyC Stay golden, pony boy.

i have a bachelors in mass commnication focus broadcast journalism and a bachelors in business management
    test
  20. DannyC

DannyC Stay golden, pony boy.

but im really good at poker, baseball, cooking, and dancing (believe it or not)
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.