Are white people allowed to say the n word on the internet...

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by bobbylight, Apr 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ErikForeman

ErikForeman Yung Fred Flint

I don't use the word mostly because it's not necessary and there's a big chance you're gonna offend someone so it's easier to just rip it out of your vocab.. but I personally think telling someone they can't use a certain word due to the color of their skin is more racist than the white person saying it.

Let's be real, most people these days have never owned a slave; and I can't speak for others, but I've never wanted to.

This may have been originally fashioned specifically for African Americans, but it would be hypocritical to say we can judge one race by the color of their skin and not the other.. so I think it's particularly relevant to this subject.

I personally think anyone who uses the word shouldn't have the right to get mad at another doing the same; regardless of skin color, as that's exactly what they're fighting for, right? Equality.

What kind of equality allows one set of people to do something, and not another?

SIDENOTE: I find it very awkward and uncomfortable when a white person says it, so I'm moreso suggesting the death of the word completely.. but if the black community keeps it alive, I think it's unfair to expect others not to be affected by it.
    test
  2. Bass B

Bass B New Member

Actually, I'm half-Polish half-Swedish. But I try to sing like a black guy. :shake:
    test
  3. LilFarnum

LilFarnum Active Member

The answer is no.
    test
  4. ErikForeman

ErikForeman Yung Fred Flint

in short.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  5. BITmafakka

BITmafakka GS palmin' the m1 garand

Nigga nigga nigga nigga

well, i guess i am then, but why would i want to?
    test
  6. Jep 7:30

Jep 7:30 New Member

NEWS FLASH: noone gives a fuck about what you white guys think..

ohh you think its racist that black people dont want you to say it? buzz your hair say hail hitler and complain about blacks and blame hiphop.
    test
  7. Bass B

Bass B New Member

I don't think people of any color should use it, because it's a hate-filled word.
    test
  8. TheOmega

TheOmega Well-Known Member

words only have the connotation you put behind them
    test
  9. Drones

Drones Active Member

lol, no.
    test
  10. Bass B

Bass B New Member

I agree to an extent, and it's no surprise that this word has been adopted by some people of color. But I think it's sad that it's used as a pejorative among the people whom it was originally intended to subjugate.
    test
  11. TheOmega

Yea well My good firends, are my niggas, black white or otherwise. some of them use the words and some don't but they are my niggas, i've never felt any different about that
    test
  12. Bass B

Bass B New Member

Well, is a person who you find disagreeable a n---- also?
    test
  13. TheOmega

no that person can be a range of things
    Annoying
    asshole
    dick
    cunt
    faggot

never nigga/nigger
    test
  14. Bass B

Bass B New Member

I think that's a good thing. But we know that's not how the n word is used in the battle community.
    test
  15. Gwame

Gwame no luckycharms in ireland

No they don't... It's usually the exact opposite.
    test
  16. TheOmega

Shut your crankey irish ass up
    test
  17. HarshZ

HarshZ no time for this bullshit

in short, no white people should not use that word even tho all of them have said it at least once in their lives.

real talk tho I never understood why most white people feel the need to say it. It's even worse when you come across those white people who try to argue why they should be allowed to say it
    test
  18. Oneduh

Oneduh Digital Scale Ent.

Like someone else said, if you a grown man say what you want. Just be prepared to handle the consequences..

Me personally.. Growing up in the places I did/having alot of black friends/living the same life they did every day.. When you around black people referring to you as nigga all day, you pick it up eventually.. Never had anyone I knew take offense, I guess because they watched me grow up in the same struggle they did..

I have been "checked" for it twice.. Once at a job I had back when I was 16, by some 30+ year old guy that obviously grew up with that word having alot more power than it did in my generation.. The other time we was in a club about 15 deep.. Shit was like a skit off a comedy or something. Group of 3 black guys hear white boy say nigga as they pass by, get offended & talk shit, then get stomped out by that white boys black friends before the white boy even had a chance to speak.. lol
    test
  19. Gwame

Gwame no luckycharms in ireland

I'm in a good mood, it's mad sunny
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.