are the bow flex commersials legit?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by gAY Opinion Fag with a cawk in his throat & bawt, Aug 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

A 22lb kettlebell is around 45 dollars, a 70 pound KB around 80 dollars. Not exactly wallet friendly.

You can't substitute a 250 lb squat with KB's though. As I've said before, both BBs and KB's play a role in a well rounded routine. You just can't substitute some lifts with KBs.
    test
  2. Ben Official

Ben Official Active Member

well.... i dont only use kettle balls, but i dont do a traditional bench or squat and i shot up in weight, strength, and mass when i used this routine faster than i had in over 2 1/2 years in the traditional gym. i was skeptical at first due to lack of equipment like that at my gym, but wow... im strong haha
    test
  3. LiveFromThe781

LiveFromThe781 Don Of The Den

whatever workouts you can do with a kettleball, i can do with some plates wrapped in a shirt. but hey man do what works for you, if you dotn like freeweights dont use them, besides youre all about ju-jitsu anyway its not something you have to be very explosive with. in fact ju jitsu is more trying to stay cool and calm.

like i said before you should use every available tool, think outside the box, utilize everything, freeweights, bodyweight, cardio -mix it up and get creative.
    test
  4. Ben Official

Ben Official Active Member

oh, in jiu jitsu its ALL about explosiveness man... i train for explosiveness 2 out of 3 days of the week that i lift, you just need to know when to use it. its about being patient and waiting for the right moment to explode (ESPECIALLY like when escaping side control, escaping mount, back mount, etc) its absolutely essential

and @ what i said about no free weights... if the gym had it im sure he'd probably have me doing some squats and dead lifts but they arent in that gym, im just saying they arent absolutely necessary to be in incredible shape because i am and havent used them for like 8 months at least.

if i really wanted i'd go to my normal gym (i belong to 2) and use it there, but i dont really feel i need to at all, i just use that one to swim laps
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.