are the bow flex commersials legit?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by gAY Opinion Fag with a cawk in his throat & bawt, Aug 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i was thinking about getting one...

but it looks like the commersials are lies.. like those models where fit before they bought a bowflex....
    test
  2. Ben Official

Ben Official Active Member

fuck home gyms, seriously fuck bow flex
    test
  3. Graphx

Graphx Word? Word!

I think there's at least a chance...but I'll tell ya what. Those hooked on phonics joints certainly aren't.
    test
  4. LiveFromThe781

LiveFromThe781 Don Of The Den

^lol i havent seen a hooked on phonics commercial for like 10 years.

i dont know about the Bowflex. i dont know anyone who has one. theres just somethign about it i dont trust though, so i never got one. if you want something ill at home, check out this baby im about to pick up....only thing that sucks is i have to buy the plates for the lat tower =(

[​IMG]
    test
  5. Ben Official

please dont buy a home gym, its such a waste of money...
    test
  6. Purple Haze

Purple Haze pop warner hof

If you're 50, 60, 65 years old, in poor shape, and know nothing about working out bow flex might be the way to go.
    test
  7. LiveFromThe781

you talking to me or Gut-Check?
    test
  8. Ben Official

test
  9. LiveFromThe781

well what i posted shouldnt be catergorized with a home gym. its just a really good weight bench, incline, decline, flat, walk in squat, preacher curl pad, lat tower, and another piece to do legs, shit man right now all i got is a shitty flat bench with no in-decline and shitty bar, plus some adjustable barbells, and i do pretty damn good for myself, so with this nice peice of equipment its like taking mybench from a Geo to a BMW
    test
  10. how much is that and where would i get the plates.. the pully thats at the top would be ill
    test
  11. LiveFromThe781

the place im getting it is Modell's i dontknow if you have them where you live, but any major sports retailer will carry them

heres the link to the product from the Modells website http://www.modells.com/product/inde...0956.710958.1170115.1170136&parentPage=family

this bench is fuckin sick man, its Olympic size too, theres another similar to it but it DOESNT have the lat tower and the cost like 50 bucks more ..not sure why.
    test
  12. WhiteWidow

WhiteWidow how u luv dat?

i got a home gym but i never used it, i only used it the first few months i got it
    test
  13. LiveFromThe781

a lot of people buy weights and never use them or use them for a month and give up which is why you can find a lot of equipment dirt cheap in the want ads/craigslist.
    test
  14. Gorilla Nasty

Gorilla Nasty I'm lame TBH

Well what they neglect to tell you I'm sure is that the person also went on a very strict diet, as well as a cardio regimen. Anything you can do with a Bowflex, you can do in a gym, or no equipment at all. Diet is the most important thing. It accounts for more than half of your total results. There's just no way around it.
    test
  15. LiveFromThe781

yeah dude those people using the bowflex on the commercial didnt get ripped by using a bowflex lol.

i think by having the mentality to want to buy a Bowflex in the first place you share the same mentality to just want to put in a closet after 2 weeks and forget all about it.

i think the appealing thing about the Bowflex is that it looks so easy, so you think "hmmm i can get as big and ripped as these people just by doing this" their whole marketing ploy is easyness and simplicity, i beleive the commercials even say "for only 20 minutes a day 3 days a week" .....no sorry, youre not going to go anywhere working out for 20 minutes, and if you think you will youre lying to yourself.

the other thing that isnt good for the bowflex is the cable system. every exercise on that machine is done via cables, which elminates the use of a lot of other muscles which you use when you do a freeweight exercise. this is why you can bench 9,000lbs on a bench machine but can only do 150 with freeweights.

bottom line, dont get a bowflex, if you do youll most likely not use it anyway and if you do actually put in the time,effort, and dedication you would get 20x better results if you applied the same time,effort, and dedication to workout schedule consisting of freeweights,bodyweight exercises and cardio/circuit training. my advice to anyone is either go out and get a gym membership or get your own home equipment, constantly learn and perform new exercises, and learn as much as you can about dieting. (for both gaining mass and losing fat)
    test
  16. Ben Official

honnestly, just buy a range of kettle balls and maybe a couple d balls and you can get a better full body workout than any machine.
    test
  17. LiveFromThe781

those are great tools for endurance but you need free weights for raw explosive power and strength.
    test
  18. Ben Official

negative
    test
  19. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

I think KBs are way too expensive. They have their advantages and disadvantages though.

But my god, fuck Bowflex. If you're going to work out at home, don't fuck around. Get a bench with squat and an olympic weight set, some medicine balls and maybe a couple KBs. Be serious. Otherwise just buy a fucking gym membership.
    test
  20. Ben Official

^exactly. you can do without the bench and squats if you use kettle balls correctly

i dont know how expensive they are, i just use them because my gym has tons

they are wayyy wayy more affective than dumbbells though, and i would guess around the same price?
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.