Are any of you anticipating the 2006 Football World Championship in Germany?

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by General Concrete, Mar 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. General Concrete

General Concrete the infamous

If so what team are you rooting for, what are your expectations, maybe some mod will make an official thread as the opening draws nearer but let me hear it

personally I think Italy is the strongest challenger, they always have the best defense but this year they'll be bringing a very talented offensive team up front as well the only thing they might be lacking in is Argentinian/Brazilian flair in midfield but then again, 'catenaccio' excludes flair heh. My underdog bet will be Germany, simply ecause the team always struggles in qualification but tranfsorms into an effective machine that frustrates the opposition into submission and makes a strong challenge in every major tournament.

biggest letdowns will be again The Netherlands, England and Spain, very popular teams, chronic underachievers

peace
    test
  2. Cornrow Wallace

Cornrow Wallace New Member

Yeaaaaaaaaah. Iran is gonna kill it over there. They're gonna shit all over mexico.
    test
  3. Teqzi||a

Teqzi||a yellow-bellied coward

Ive got a feeling spain might do well this year. People have got so used to them underacheiving that no-one is even mentioning them as possible winners but their squad is dope as fuck.
    test
  4. Syza Koza

Syza Koza New Member

We have one of the most talented teams in the world, we're 2nd favorites behind brazil but boy do we need to change manager. Sven's a right tit.

Anyways, Brazil tend to struggle if they are major favorites going in.. they seem to win when they have poor qualifying etc. So iono... would be stupid to back against them though. Holland looked strong in qualifying. Italy suck, seriously... totti is injured iono how long for, and they've lacked that lil something for a while now. France are past it, argentina are a good bet. But england have a team like they haven't had before... lampard, the worlds greatest goal scoring midfielder, gerrard, one of the most talented midfielders, cole.. skillful, really coming of age... beckham... gay, old and crap, but always a danger on set pieces, and there's always wright phillips who can come in/ Owen... proven goal scorer... rooney, worlds best talent perhaps, except leo messi... terry.. great defender... ferdinand, on his day can be great. We have a REALLY strong team, we just need the direction from the manager.

I'ma put some money on us anyways lol.
    test
  5. Syza Koza

Syza Koza New Member

Spain always have great teams, great strike force.. usually a great midfield... decent enough defence and casillas in goal.

But, they didn't look at all good in qualifying and they finished behind Serbia and montenegro =/
    test
  6. General Concrete

^^ you said Italy suck.

they trample nations.

seriously, get an update
    test
  7. Kid Caramac

Kid Caramac New Member

Im english an Id love us to win it but I say some good bets to have are Italy or Argentina to win it, Italy played Germany recently and beat them quite easily without Totti. And the Italian teams are looking strong in europe. With Buffon in goal Nesta and Cannavaro at the back, Gattuso in midfield Totti up front youd they have a strong spine down the centre.
    As for Argentina they have a lot of strength in depth plus they are strong in all positions. And some great youngsters Tevez, Messi, Requelme. Brazil are beatable Ronaldo is past it, Robinho still has some growing up to do. Their defence aint all that to. As for England we have the team but the managers to defensive when we go 1-0 up he just wants to sit back an defend it its not our mentality to do that. We did it against Brazil and Portugal I fear he could do it again.
    test
  8. Syza Koza

Syza Koza New Member

Germany stopped being good a few years back. All they have is Ballack.
    test
  9. General Concrete

Italy raped Holland 3-1 IN Amsterdam!!!
    test
  10. Syza Koza

Syza Koza New Member

They did =S

Alright then, i'll remove my oversized foot from my incredibly small mouth.

I dont think they'll win world cup although it sounds like they're in form.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.