are any of the other programs similar to pro tools

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by -*Deranged Mind*-, May 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThaPaleFacedNinja

ThaPaleFacedNinja ive been nice

nuendo is the only 32 bit DAW out i believe.. ptools is a really beginner DAW..and AA isnt bad, lol all depends on the user

some people even on here use nothign but cep for mixing/tracking, and shit on you
    test
  2. ThaPaleFacedNinja

and that "you" was directed to everyone
    test
  3. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

lmao

that's why....everyone in the recording and audio post business uses it, right?

name a feature that nuendo has that pro tools doesnt
    test
  4. StoneWarrior68

StoneWarrior68 New Member

Why? Tell me what Pro Tools does that you think is impressive, fast, timesaving, forward thinking, exceptional or whatever. I mean, a real example of what it does and how it does it and why it's better than doing the same in Cubase. I can think of 2 or 3 things that I believe Pro Tools does that Cubase doesn't really do, or can't do as easily. But I can probably fill up this page with stuff that Cubase does better than anything else, especially Pro Tools.
    test
  5. -GZ-

-GZ- Posts Unfunny Pics

omg...lmao
    test
  6. StoneWarrior68

Not that I agree with what homie said, but really, I could fill up this page with what Nuendo can do that Pro Tools can't. Pro Tools has a few aces up it's sleeve too, but those things are not the kinds most of us would be interested in, or ever use.
    test
  7. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

aparently u didnt read what i said I didnt say PT was better I said it was Equal.
    test
  8. MattmaN

MattmaN New Member

Ummmmmm pretty much all DAW's are 32bit......Yeah really they are.
    Some are 64bit,but most plugins dither down to 32 bit,so 32 bit is the best unless your working with a 64bit vsti in a DAW that supports 64bit.
    But hey who really notices this ishnoopokis(new word) anyway.
    Numberz makez miy brane hert.
    test
  9. MattmaN

MattmaN New Member

Oh,and Huber Bock is the best cheap beer in history.....Yeah don't sleep.
    test
  10. MattmaN

MattmaN New Member

8 o'clock is the best cheap coffee by the way....don't sleep http://www.antiquecoffee.com/8_oclock.htm
    Folgers,and Maxwell house step aside....Yuban dark roast is good cheap coffee too....
    Reaper is the best free Host sequencer by the way,for you poor doods who spend all your money making your women happy. :)
    http://www.reaper.fm/

See now I've helped y'all save some dough to keep your girls happy!
    test
  11. ThaPaleFacedNinja

UMMMMMMMM LOL 32 bit, hey man admit it, we both have the engineering training.. so you know, ptools just declares themselves as the standard, the consumers buy it because they dont know any better..

but anyways,,
    more audio tracks than LE, sidechaining is much more simplistic in nuendo, less errors/ more compatible with all OS's and boards, the feature to use VST... umm i aint knockin no one.. i was just replying to the AA is shitty guy.. cuz they are all the same in the right hands and nuendo is a 2000$ software... ptools software i believe 7.0 150$?, Nuendo is a superior program... but liek i said the right hands you can do the same shit.
    test
  12. soniclabsaudio

soniclabsaudio New Member

nuendo is a 3000.00 program man , pro tools with out the hardware would probally sell for 200 bucks.
    test
  13. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

so because it's not expensive, that means it's not good...?

ooooook
    test
  14. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

and the throw that arguement in reverse for Fruity Loops. Tho I feel that Pro Tools LE/Mpowered is overpriced. They need to cut those prices in half lol.
    test
  15. MattmaN

MattmaN New Member

Nuendo is not the only 32 bit DAW......BY FAR....Actually does it support 64bit float?
    I know a few apps do,one that come to mind is Podium.
    Podium is little known,but hast vast power. DeltaSP,another almost unknown app supports 64bit,and behond.
    Oh Sonar 5 also has 64bit float.
    I imagine 32bit is easily enough,and probably near undistinguishable between 64 bit float.
    Here's an interesting thread about 32bit floats,64bit floats,and maybe even a rootbeer float!
    http://www.side-line.com/forum/threads.php?id=13596_0_34_0_C

PTle is 32 bit float by the way.
    test
  16. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

blah blah blah 32 bit

who cares, seriously, you really need that much dynamic range? what are you recording that's 192db?
    test
  17. StoneWarrior68

LOL, that's the kinda response you get when cats just don't know the answer.
    test
  18. MattmaN

MattmaN New Member

I prefer Splenda to Equal myself.
    test
  19. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

nope thats just how I feel about it. Ive worked with both I like Pro Tools and Cubase but Id rather use Sonar given the option. And some people are fast w/ Pro Tools some people are fast with Cubase. Its all in what works best for u really. There is no right or wrong answer kuz neither is better they are different. My only beef with Pro Tools is its midi and I wouldnt sequence in Pro Tools to begin with just mix
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.