are any of the other programs similar to pro tools

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by -*Deranged Mind*-, May 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -*Deranged Mind*-

-*Deranged Mind*- got any cheese

i cant get pro tools right now, so im lookin for a program thats similar in how it works
    test
  2. Reign

Reign Let it...

adobe audition 2
    test
  3. -*Deranged Mind*-

test
  4. soniclabsaudio

soniclabsaudio New Member

All DAW software is going to be similiar i use nuendo but sonar , cubase , logic , live , logic , acid , traction and/or samplitude will all work the same.
    test
  5. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

Sonar to me operates in a similar fashion probabaly the closest to PT. Try home studio for $100
    test
  6. Reign

Reign Let it...

^^^ I disagree....

operates the closest to Pro Tools??? Adobe Audition manufactuers practically BIT the design... there almost identical...
    test
  7. soniclabsaudio

lol stay away from that cep adobe crap man get yourself something that has at least 32 bit float and has massive editing features.

just my opinion . ive never heard anyone say adobe is close to pt , well maybe someone whos never used pt.
    test
  8. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

and Sonar isnt a bite off of the pro tools setup? maybe its just my copy kuz i have home studio but it seems to be a bite off of the mix 64 system to me
    test
  9. -*Deranged Mind*-

lemme be more specific. i was browsing before and i saw that another program allows you to rewire? or am i trippin?

cuz thats what i mainly need, rewire capabilities.
    test
  10. qp -q to the p-

qp -q to the p- Active Member

test
  11. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

Cubase
    Nuendo
    Adobe Audition 2 (despite what sonic labs says, it DOES have 32bit float and massive editing features, more so than cubase actually, considering it has both a wave editor and a multitrack editor, where cubase only has multitrack. if he'd ever actually used the program then he'd know that)
    Sonar Home Studio
    Digital Performer
    Cakewalk
    test
  12. soniclabsaudio

you just really want to keep my name in your mouth , your right i dont use that POS i buy real software and dont rely on what i can scrounge up at my friends house. So thanks for the compliment. Being mad at me for being better makes you look so sad arcane. So sad.
    test
  13. CompassSaviour

CompassSaviour Got no brain, goin insane

you're telling everyone to stay away from AA2.0 and you don't know its feature set.
    test
  14. Nasty Chopz

Nasty Chopz ••••••

the only programs up to par with pro tools in my opinion is cubase, i can get to results id be gettin usin pro tools with that program. I also like Logic 7 a lot, but i noticed was that at aa certain point you can tell that something was made on logic just by theh way it sounds..because the synth / effekt plug-ins .. i was also feelin sonar a lot even tho i never really got into it, the program reminded me of logic tho... i used adobe audition before on my laptop when im not home couldnt tell ya too much about it cause i just used it what i needed it for..
    test
  15. soniclabsaudio

"you're telling everyone to stay away from AA2.0 and you don't know its feature set."

why not if i told you to stay away from a pile of dog shit would you believe me or would you want to try it out yourself?
    test
  16. Reign

Reign Let it...

soniclabs.... I have pro tools and I have adobe audition 2... u are uneducated about the prog. obviously... I'd choose AA2 over it anyday... 32 Bit indeed...

they have came along way since the beginning...

you soundin real stupid arguing with...

"Fuck that POS program"
    test
  17. soniclabsaudio

So im not allowed to my opinion then , i have to bow to your thoughts. I would go on about how i use nuendo and its better than both but you hear what you will and use what you do. I dont care either way.
    test
  18. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

well, considering you have 0 information on adobe audition, you really can't say it's shit
    test
  19. soniclabsaudio

o information umm no , i went to there web site and read all the specs and reviews of it i try to base it on facts and from the screenshots and what i read i think the program is shit. Thats me to each his own program. I just happen to use a wavelab / nuendo combo and have for years. Is it the best , who knows to me it is.
    test
  20. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

exactly, but you still can't trash it till you've actually used it
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.