Arab slavery - what it REALLY was

Discussion in 'IntroSpectrum' started by Thrilla-Ali, Feb 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thrilla-Ali

Thrilla-Ali Dapper Don

So What's the truth here? I took the time to dig into this a little more. Found some interesting things

If Muslims conquered a State by a war then only the captives of that war were to be taken as slaves, and eventually given freedom + booty.
    If the slave converts to Islam they're to be immediately released, and if the slave wants to get married, he shall be released with booty.

The reason for keeping captives as slaves is simple:

a)If the slaves are to be sent back to their home land, they would only come back to war with the muslims once again, and take more muslim lives.

b)Instead of killing the captives, in old islam they were to be taken as slaves instead, and eventually given freedom with money to survive [booty].

So you see, the slave master even gives the slave financial means to get a nice jump start in life too!

- In 9th century Baghdad, the Caliph Al-Amin owned about 7000 black eunuchs (who were completely emasculated) and 4000 white eunuchs (who were castrated).

Furthermore...

- During the Trans-saharan slave trade, traders were not exclusively Muslim, nor exclusively Arab: Persians, Berbers, Indians, Chinese and Africans were involved in this to a greater or lesser degree.

So it wasn't just Arabs! Many of the slaves were non-muslims which include arabs themselves.

Legacy of Arab slave trade

- Islam like Christianity became the context for the cultural prevalence of Arab culture, Arab names became Islamic names and those who adopted Islam automatically adopted European culture in an attempt to become more "Islamic." The Afro-Arab relationship was riddled with complexities lined in a cultural nexus. Some Arabs were Arab linguistically but racially African (see definition of Arab. Thus, the Arab trade in enslaved Africans was not only conducted by Asiatic and Caucasian Arabs, but also African Arabs: Africans speaking Arabic as a first language embracing an Arab culture. Focus on the Arab slavery is previously been low due to the fact that most descendants of enslaved people are as a result of the Transatlantic slave trade for this reason the impact of the Arab trade on people of the Americas is neglegiable. Another reason is the legacy of the Arab Slave Trade is far less impacting than the European trade in enslaved Africans, as there are no ghettos or prison complexes in Arabian lands overflowing with African people. The African Diaspora in Arab lands has almost disappeared through inter-marriage. The resurgence of Islamaphobia some argue has brought this aspect of history to the foreground

[So black-arabs enslaved other black africans]
    [Those africans who were muslim and spoke arabic were considered arabic]

- Was there somewhat of a racist dimension in the trans-saharan slave trade? Yes
    - Was there a religious dimension to it? Yes
    - Was it as bad a the trans-atlantic slave trade? Hell No

Non-muslim slaves were kept as gate-keepers, servants, odalisques, musicians, dancers, and court dwarfs!

2nd part

- The trans-saharn slave trade is older than the european slave trade by hundreds of years. The Orientals were key players in this too. During the oldest accounts of Arab slavery, African males were servents, soldiers, and labourers. While the women were servents mostly, while some were married off to men.

- However, bad muslims were also slaves, and so were "infidels" so my key points here are as follows

- During this enslavement, Africans themselves [black kings etc..] supplied black men for slavery to others. Slavery was a norm back them, it's hard to see the racist dimension even though how little i suspect there is.

"Slavery fed on wars between African peoples and states, which gave rise to an internal slave trade. Those conquered owed tribute in the form of men and women reduced to captivity. Sonni Ali Ber (1464–1492), emperor of Songhai, waged many wars to extend his territory."

- If everybody is basically enslaving each other during this period of time, can we really scape goat the arabs? Berbers, indians, africans, europeans, and persians all played a roll in slavery.

- The trans-saharan slave trade is much different than the trans-atlantic. In the trans-atlantic, Solely native indians and blacks were the victims of european slave trade while the saharan slave trade was multicultural.

There has been many lies circulating the internet: such as works from so-called arab poets insulting black africans

EX.

in the 14th century CE Ibn Khaldun could write "...the Negro nations are, as a rule, submissive to slavery, because (Negroes) have little that is (essentially) human and possess attributes that are quite similar to those of dumb animals...

However, Ibn Khaldun, also wrote, of the arabs themselves: "they are the most savage human beings that exist. Compared with sedentary people, they are on a level with wild, untamable animals and dumb beasts of prey." - Arabs dominate only of the plains, because they are, by their savage nature, people of pillage and corruption. - The Muqaddimmah

In addition, there is debate over his ethnicity, some refer to him as Andalusian/Spanish (he grew up there, his parents were from there)....

3rd Part

SLAVERY AND ISLAM

Muhammad's last sermon

O people, Remember that your Lord is One. An Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a black has no superiority over white, nor a white has any superiority over black, except by piety and good action (Taqwa). Indeed the best among you is the one with the best character (Taqwa). Listen to me. Did I convey this to you properly? People responded, Yes. O messenger of God, The Prophet then said, then each one of you who is there must convey this to everyone not present.

Narrated Abu Musa Al-Ash'ari: "The Prophet said, "Give food to the hungry, pay a visit to the sick and release the captives/slaves (by paying his ransom)." (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Food, Meals, Volume 7, Book 65, Number 286)"

[24:33]".....Those among your servants who wish to be freed in order to marry, you shall grant them their wish, once you realize that they are honest. And give them from GOD's money that He has bestowed upon you (give them money)."

[2:177] Righteousness is not turning your faces towards the east or the west. Righteous are those who believe in GOD, the Last Day, the angels, the scripture, and the prophets; and they give the money, cheerfully, to the relatives, the orphans, the needy, the traveling alien, the beggars, AND TO FREE THE SLAVES; .......These are the truthful; these are the righteous.

[9:60] "Charities shall go to the poor, the needy, the workers who collect them, the new converts, TO FREE THE SLAVES...."

[90:10-13] Did we not show him the two paths? He should choose the difficult path. Which one is the difficult path? The freeing of slaves.

however, slavery is a very old practice that was gradually abolished in Islam [like the mosaic laws in christianity]
    test
  2. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

test
  3. Thrilla-Ali

Thrilla-Ali Dapper Don

People involved in the SUB SAHARAN SLAVE TRADE =

Persians, Berbers, Indians, Chinese, Arabs, and Africans

People involved in the TRANS-ATLANTIC SLAVE TRADE =

Europeans and only european slave owners

- The trans-atlantic slave trade had a higher racist dimension than the trans-saharan.

- Trans-saharan slaves were multicultural, including white people & 'bad' muslims

- In 9th century Baghdad, the Caliph Al-Amin owned about 7000 black eunuchs (who were completely emasculated) and 4000 white eunuchs (who were castrated).

- The trans-atlantic slaves were native indian and black
    test
  4. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

Then by you're logic you'd have to consider those europeans bad white men Like you consider those muslims to be bad arabs. What muslim arabs did was racist, Doesn't matter which is higher. Plus look how many races Islam turned into murders.

Funny part is muslims are still stuck in a 8th century mindset.
    You're talking about the muslim slave trade here, Lets not Red herring or strawman. Nexttime, At least try to follow the guidelines of your own thread.
    test
  5. KEALYBOY

KEALYBOY Ignorant is a pedophile

muslims burnt the great library of alexandria, all the knowledge in the ancient world, for nothing
    test
  6. Virgo

Virgo Let's go to war

^
    Europeans mass murdered Native Americans. Whole races of people, for nothing.

People have done stupid shit for ages. Classifying modern Muslims with what took place hundreds of years ago is a bit foolish. That would be like accusing a modern Christian of burning Joan of Arc to death.

All of you need to grow up.
    Slavery is wrong, no matter how you look at it.
    Slavery as a result of war is not justified simply for the fact that war is wrong.
    If war is wrong then slavery as a result of war cannot be justified.

Case closed
    test
  7. BeEgEe

BeEgEe El Warm Shot

well put.

and Slavery is not Genocide
    test
  8. BeEgEe

BeEgEe El Warm Shot

lol.

I have plenty of muslim friends and none of them are stuck in the 8th century. Especially my heavily religious muslim professors.

survey says........................ OPINION

have a nice day menaz
    test
  9. Thrilla-Ali

Thrilla-Ali Dapper Don

You love to call it the MUSLIM slave trade, or the Arab slave trade. Those are improper terminologies. It's called the TRANS-SAHARAN SLAVE TRADE

People involved in this trade were not only arabs but africans themselves!
    There were many african kings during this time not only enslaving their own people [captives of war] but selling them off too!

Orientals played a key roll in the trans-saharan trade, so did indians and persians, and berbers etc.. so it wasn't only muslims or arabs dummy

While in the trans-atlantic slave trade, europeans were the only slave masters to native and black men.

With my logic, those european men were captives of war [most likely]. The black men were sold off to the arabs by african kings. Those bad arabs were either bad muslims or non-muslims to my estimation.

The trans-atlantic slave trade had a much higher racist dimension to it, since the trans-saharan slave trade was very multicultural.

Lets not forget the different types of arabs as well
    1)African-Arabs 2)Asiatic Arabs 3)Caucasion Arabs

whom which all had slaves.

Non-muslim slaves were kept as gate-keepers, servants, odalisques, musicians, dancers, and court dwarfs! - Answers.com
    test
  10. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

Listen, I listed everything about the Al-islamic slave trade. You're talking about something all together I'm breaking it into groups. My research refers to the Al-islamic slave trading part because they we're muslims (arab) which is just one race of the muslims involved. learn to comprehend moron.

It's Also funny you say the Slave trade of africans was exclusively carried out by white men. When the fact is and can be read in my indepth research African tribes had a hand in Selling slaves. It's also Ironic to bring up the slave trade when the truth is the transatlantic slave trade was learned from the muslims.

LOL@ answer.com, Which is wikipedia.

Lets not forget they are muslim either. LOL!
    test
  11. Thrilla-Ali

Thrilla-Ali Dapper Don

So your breaking it into groups you idiot? Then know this..

The Trans-atlantic slave trade was huge compared to the islamic slave trade. And it also had a much much heavier racist dimension to it

wow, menaz the idiot striked again

Trans-atlantic slavery was exclusively carried out by white men. Obviously they were sold to them by africans themselves, sherlock. The europeans took them to the America's and put them through torturous slavery [native indians as well]. I wouldn't say the trans-atlantic slave trade was learned from the arabs, because the europeans were already enslaving native indians [they obviously knew how to enslave ppl dumbtruck].
    They actually got the idea to enslave black people from black africans themselves and arabs.
    test
  12. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

It's not foolish.

Those slave trades still take place today. Those muslims still kidnap Kafir and sell them on the black market today. They still cut unbelievers heads off as muhammad instructed.Some Islamic nations still practice Pedophila, like mohammad did with his nine year old wife. Only in muslim nations it's not illegal. it's approved by law.

- Slavery Today - British outlawed slave trade in 1807: Yet still almost 200 years later slave raids and the sale of slaves in muslim markets continues, especially in countries like Sudan The slave trade was legal in Saudi Arabia till 1962: Untill international pressure finally abolished it. Yet infact, credible reports, note that slavery in Saudi Arabia still persist, and that slaves from the Sudan often end up there in Saudi Arabia. Recent slave, Mende Nazer, Nazer was captured in 1992 First she was a slave to a rich Arab (muslim) family in Khartoum by 2002 she was a slave to a Sudanese diplomat in London, From whom she managed to escape and get political asylum

Inorder to contradict them, You must be completely honest.
    I didn't write out that long piece of history on every slave trade
    for it to go unnoticed. It was a manifesto for fighting these lairs propaganda.
    test
  13. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

You should know this moron, The Islamic slave trade was the longest lasting slave trade in history, and still exist in some Islamic countries todate.
    test
  14. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

LIE! Africans were involved. LIE. Muslims were enslaving Long before Europeans ever touched a Indian.
    test
  15. Thrilla-Ali

Thrilla-Ali Dapper Don

First and foremost, the people enslaving southern sudanese people are not arabs but black people themselves, from the north.
    And this "slavery" is unislamic stupid. So don't call it islamic slavery, it's not. It's just slavery, don't put islam into it. The trans-saharan slave trade may have been the longest, but the islamic slave trade was just a small branch of it.. which in no way was just black people, but arabs themselves and black arabs enslaving others...
    test
  16. Thrilla-Ali

Thrilla-Ali Dapper Don

You bring up futile things. Since when did i say the trans atlantic slave trade was older you fucking reject?

The islamic slave trade had a much less impact than the trans-atlantic slave trade..

The islamic slave trade is a small branch within the sub-saharan slave trade idiot..

even the dictionary states the trans-atlantic slave trade had a much higher impact on africans than the sub-saharan as a WHOLE [forget about islamic slave trade]
    test
  17. Thrilla-Ali

Thrilla-Ali Dapper Don

You call us the liars, but your the liar you piece of shit cracker mother fucker..
    You lie about our religion as much as possible. What's happening in Sudan is NOT islamic and those are NOT arabs enslaving the christians of the north. Those are black african extremists. You know nothing about islam, your a twerp that spends hours a day trying to defile and tarnish the name of islam on rapmusic.com.. well good luck buddy because only a few post in your nest called the introspectrum... Go ahead and say we accept pedophilia, slavery and torture, no one believes your garbage ever anywayz
    test
  18. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

it's called a oppsite rethorical. fucking moron.

That's because people like you make more out of it, yet hide and play down your history.that a vast majority of flims, books & articles concerning the slave trade only concentrate on the American involvement in the slave trade, as if slavery was a unquely American aberration. However, the vastly greater involvement of Portugal, france, and spain, seem to be largely ignored. While the far greater and longer running islamic slave trade into the Middle East has been so ignored it has become one of history's best keept secrets. Infact, we focus more on what happend in America because the United States eventually fought a war, inpart over slavery, also because of the enormous vocal American opposition to slavery. This was in sharp contrast to the indifference that Muslims, Africans, and many Europeans evidenced towards it.

They are muslim. That's all that matters here.

that's a lie.

oh but it is.

Wrong.

Fuck you.

it wasn't a small branch. Read my research or I can post it?
    Muslims did it to nonmuslims.
    test
  19. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

Look at the real muslim. Look how he hates the italian white men.

I tell the truth, You lie. It's even in the quran you're suppose to lie to protect your religion.

They are islamist. You are Lying.

I know alot about you mentally ill people.

If you call the TRUTH tarishing, then Yes.

You do, Want me to pull the thread? Azue has read it.
    It's better to believe me over you anyday. Let me find the thread
    I'll be right back.
    test
  20. Thrilla-Ali

Thrilla-Ali Dapper Don

Fuck your opposite "rethorics" i bet you don't even know what the word truly means.

Oh is that all you got to say, WEAK. Obviously it was a branch of the saharan slave trade because other key players in this trade were orientals, persians, berbers, indians, and black people.

Unlike the trans-atlantic slave masters who were only european you stupid cunt

Okay then, lets start something called the "christian slave trade" and see how much more of an impact it had. Christians enslaved berbers, blacks, arabs, native populations, indians, orientals, shit does the list stop?

Okay now? Fuck you come again = )

Oh its a lie? Ask any scholar [Like you ever will, bcuz truth to you is like cryptonite to superman]. Just like how the mosaic law is abolished in christianity, so is slavery in Islam, stupid. Slavery was only meant for biblical and quranic times. Those so-called muslims are enslaving people for their own interests, they're not concerned with islam, bcuz if they were, they wouldn't be enslaving them in the first place.

Considering how many other key players were involved in this trade, it wasn't as massive as the trans-atlantic slave trade nor did it share the same racist dimension. Remember, the middle east use to be africa, and these trades were not one-sided. How many slaves did black kings have in comparison to arabs? Did you ask yourself that question numb-nutz?? So how deep do you actually know it went? It doesn't matter about time but quantity, i bet that trans-atlantic/european slavery carried out even more slaves than the arab slave trade which was minor in comparison to the export of slaves the europeans transported. Just look at how many descendants of native and black slaves exist in the America's and western european nations such as Portugal. The arabs partly enslaved east africans, but the africans also enslaved each other during this time, and other races took part in this as well [indian, orientals, persians etc...]
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.