Resolved April 7th New RSTL league starting up question

Discussion in 'Site Help & Feedback' started by Coup d'état, Mar 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coup d'état

Coup d'état Don't believe the hype

Hello new site owners and respected mods. My name is Coup.

I am asking to be made mod of the RSTL. Give me a chance to bring back the league as interest in it is red hot. (there will always be a core of 6-8 heads to keep it going. Such is text today).

I am planning a new league starting April 7th. Current Mod is the respected Shadow (been MIA for many months, leaving the RSTL void and leaderless. He is a busy man). He can remain if that is the will of the people.

Tacky Jones stepped down recently (thanks for the good run kat).

League will run 10 weeks. Followed by a playoff to determine league champ.

Tentative Rules:

-No-shows will result in permanent removal from the league for its duration. Zero tolerance.
    -Verses due Friday 12pm Pacific time. No extensions. Period.
    -Min 16 lines, max 48.
    -Voting closed Sunday 12pm Pacific time.
    -Topics will be determined each week (pics/topical/theme...open to ideas)
    -No biting, recycling or ghosting.
    -You have to vote on at least 4 matches
    -Be respectful
    -Weekly mag. (going to keep it short and simple)

More rules to come biased off the needs of the league.

Hope to see this happen as the new dedicated Mod of this historic league.
    test
  2. Katastrofik

Katastrofik THE SOUND OF L.I

I think its a good idea. That area of the forum needs to be alive
    test
  3. Coup d'état

Please give me the chance. I give my word that I will do all that I say I will. Run a great league for 10 weeks plus playoffs with respect and punctuality.
    test
  4. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA Well-Known Member

Edit; nvm, Shad set the record straight.
    test
  5. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

You have zero participation and no one there is consistent enough to really warrant modding you not to mention you were never a consistent helper when it was running. I've read the lounge and you already have some of the very few people saying they don't intent to join and others only showed desire to write for a week or two.

My advice is to just let it go for a little while. The surge we received last time was due to quite a bit of time off.
    test
  6. Coup d'état

He shows up finally! Shad this is nothing personal against you...and I'm happy you are not being personal toward me etc...I consider you a great person (my opinion means little though)

That is all your opinion Shad. That's all it is. Your opinion is negative and naturally slanted, so what you think is irrelevant at this point moving forward. I'm here to tell you that I will run the league smoothly. I gave my word. That is enough.

I've been writing in this league since 2009 and helped several weeks with the mag and league affairs, all while not being a mod. How can you say zero participation ? You can't and you are not being fair nor will you be. Which is fine.

With your logic against me, it's fair to use it against you then. You are holding a double standard against me. hold your self to it and you will see you've been unresponsive the past 5 months regarding league start up against several members, not just me. You have zero participation. See how this works cat ? It's nonsense.

We have been trying to communicate with you over the course of several months, tagging your name and everything. You did not respond once.

Time to move on.

If modding the league is starting promptly April 7th with sign ins.

As new mod I welcome you to help me out. My advice is for you to step down and let someone with motivation step in and give the people what they been wanting the last half year: A mod to run the league who engages and communicates with its members, as to not leave them in the dark. Or get the league going per demand asap.

The time is now.

See you all April 7th. Good luck have fun.
    test
  7. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

Don't you dare question my participation in that league. I was in every single week of all the seasons while also modding and voting. I put MY hard earned money into the league only for it to be riddled with no shows, lack of votes, complaining and empty promises. You promised T.a.C and myself several times that you would be consistent with participation and providing magazines, etc. You did it for a couple weeks but came up with reasons why you were late, couldn't do it, etc.

Don't come in here and tell me that i'm a double standard. I gauged level of interest with those grudge matches which got little to no activity and voting not to mention everyone was mostly late or no showed. Not to mention people stating in that lounge that they were going to wait for the tournament to write and skip the league.

I'm not stepping down, you step off. When I am ready to do something with that league and can make sure that it will get enough consistent participation from members then i will start it back up. Modding you for the job is the worse decision and a waste of a mod spot. So if @L u c y is reading this, ignore him.
    test
  8. Coup d'état

Why should Lucy take orders form you ? Lol I have a right to speak on this issue, I come not in my own name but in the interest of the RSTL.

This issue is not about you Shadow or me. It's about writing and getting the best person for the job, it's been too long of being complacent.

Out of much respect and no need to take things personal: This is for the league, not your pride.

Just because you competed for 52 weeks does not mean I have zero participation. That is an emotional response and has little to do with anything. If you want a pat on the back, then here you go: Good job.

I told you and T.a.C to make me a Mod, then I would do what a Mod is required to do. You two never did that. So as a regular member I went above just competing and helped, never braking the rules you established. I went out of my way to help you as a Mod because you could not handle running the league and need others to pick up your slack.

You made Insane Villan a mod after he showed for a few weeks. Guess what ? Kat was never seen since after you made him Mod.

Your argument and reasoning against me is slanted and unfair. A double standard. Insane Villian has 90% less participation than me since 2009. He competed a few weeks, was modded and bounced. After I helped with HIS mags.

And to say nothing of the Lyrical Priest mod attempt. As you can see Shadow, your argument against me is a double standard that you do not hold yourself to. It's moot. At least hold yourself to the same standards you hold me to.

A good Mod does not need help every week just to keep a league floating. You had 4 years Shad...league is stale under your lead quite frankly. Need fresh blood.

No offense at all to you.

A league being dead or stale is directly due to the Moderators efforts. Cash at the end of a season (waving a carrot on a stick) is a cheap, ironically enough, way to buy genuine interest.

You are a stale, dull mod that shows little interest in caring and building a league.

Time to let someone else take over or help out. Your ego is getting in the way.

I am not in this for pat's on the back but to help the league beacue I like to write. And will do this beacuse I love to write.

As a mod I will do this:

1. Clean up the aging archives which have not been updating in years
    2. Add Hall of Names and other new themes in texting.
    3. Communicate with the members
    4. Engage the league
    5. Run it smoothly without slacking or requiring members to step up for shortcomings.
    6. Be respectful out of love of writing
    7. Improve the dull atmosphere.
    8. Aim to increase traffic to the site in general
    9. Get the RSTL respected again
    10. Compete each week with mags and updates

You ? oh, when you "feel like it" That's good enough, right ?

Nice. This is not nor has this ever been about you Shadow. It's about the league and writing. It's about the members. Time for a change.

What makes you think you deserve Modding when you are doing a poor job ?

Humble down.
    test
  9. Coup d'état

A case for new leadership or help for Shad Part 1

@L u c y @J Keeper @Shadow @jook @Respected Site Owners @Tacky Jones @LyRiCaL Priest @All other respected Mods of RM @Brown Jesus @john hensley @all other respected writers of RM @GaLaTeA @kuja @cigma @Cereal_Killer @the omega man @SonnyDaze @Resilient.

---

The last season of the RSTL ended with the final playoff championship match on one July 3rd, 2012. And to much fan fare. On the card was the veteran Cereal_Killer and his up and coming boy, Kuja. Both heavy weights in the Duality crew. It was a worthy match.

Cereal_Killer took the season. Congratulations kat.This final match was a slow crescendo, a grand finale to cap off a remarkable season. Since then, interest has been building and hopes high looking to the start of the next fresh season. The start of which was demanded immediately.

On the heels after of the final match card inquiries into the start of next season begin:

Time line:

7-11-2012
    7-12-2012
    7-12-2012
    7-15-2012
    Kuja again comments on the inactivity of the Mods
    7-16-2012 The familiar face of Fairydance2000 checks in, shows her interest:
    7-18-2012 Shadow reassures and reaches out to the people:
    As of today 8 months and five days have passed.

Interest continues to grow:

7-19-2012
    L.Kross shows concern and cosigns veteran Muti:
    Now a month after final match:

8-4-2012
    dufresne, a new member shows interest on his second post. Has not been back since after seeing no league sign ins. A opportunity lost.
    8-5-2012
    New comer and friend at other site shows up and is ready to become a regular:

8-7-2012
    Quriosity shows loyalty and strong interest in new league. Concern over inactivity expressed:
    8-8-2012
    Kuja implies his interest yet again:
    8-8-2012
    Resilient. cosigns Kuja:
    8-12-2013
    -Fac3-, a respected vet cosigns:
    8-15-2012
    Regular writer Patrown shows interest and cosigns the growing consensus to start the league immediately:
    8-16-2012
    Shadow expresses lack of leadership. When asked about the league starting up:
    8-18-2012
    Shadow let's us know the league will start when they feel like it, not when the people want:
    I will be a Mod and involved with the league's welfare, having direct communication and interaction. Showing and not telling. Providing and not promising.
    test
  10. Coup d'état

part 2

Now in September

9-7-2012
    Quriosity steps up and wants to take control due to lack of leadership:
    I agree Quriosity. Let's take some action.

9-10-2012
    Cigma inquires and points out the unnecessary delay:

9-11-2012
    The respected veteran billy nomates chimes in, shows interest:
    9-11-2012
    Shadow shows uncertainty and lack of leadership:
    I've sent PM's to both Shadow and T.a.C (aka Tacky Jones about league start up to no avail)

9-28-2012
    Storyteller cosigns:
    9-28-2012
    Cigma grows impatient and role plays a future sign in (with record):
    9-28-2012
    I cosign Cigma and role play, suggesting interest:
    Mods remain confused despite growing interest and demands to finally start up.

9-30-2012
    The Inkwell shows leadership and answers another inquiry by Storyteller (9-30-2012) as to when the league will start:
    9-30-2012
    In response to The Inkwell and Storyteller Shadow still does not know:
    Now into October

10-6-2012
    Breathless shows interest:
    Aren't we all ?

10-8-2012
    Kuja shows again his consistent interest and insight:
    The time is now.

10-9-2012
    Shadow is getting ready...
    10=9-2012
    Storyteller talks with Tacky Jones (aka T.a.C) about RSTL start dates:
    To much avail, no sign ups to be had. Interest continues to grow.

10-10-2012
    Cigma tries to reasons with the Mods, shows leadership:
    But it all fell on deaf ears...

10-10-2012
    Cereal_killer speaks for his mother, fairydance2000. Shows a voice of reason, that the league needs help is obvious:
    Indeed CK, indeed.

10-10-2012
    Shadow shows apprehension:
    I thought that everyone wanted the league started asap ? The people have been speaking...

10-11-2012
    Jersey_Emcee inquireis about the vitality of the league:
    He is probably right.

He expresses the need to start in the follow post:
    The entire league is a mess, archives are outdated and disorganized. Something I will clean up and tend to asap. April 7th 2013.

10-12-2012
    Shadow steps up, shows leadership:
    Or something... Grudge matches were a success partly, though puzzling why grudge matches in the face of interest to start real competition. 6 grudge matches were held in 8 months.

10-13-2012
    Breathless again inquires of league start:
    5 months later as of today and no ETA. Grudge match anyone ?
    test
  11. Coup d'état

Part 3

Now into November

11-3-2012
    Kuja returns:
    Like many writers, kuja shows persistent, unyielding desire to start the RSTL

11-6-2012
    AliceHouse steps in, cosigns general consensus of interest:
    11-30-2012
    Iambent expresses interest:
    I am working on this Bent. April 7th is the target date to sign in.

11-30-2012
    Urizen steps in, expresses dismay at inactivity and only one (grudge) match up and running:
    November marks the last time Shadow appears in the only active thread in the RSTL. Is not seen again.

Now into December

12-02-2012
    Kuja still hoping...
    Sad.

12-6-2012
    T.a.C (aka Tacky Jones) addresses the people:
    There is real interest T.a.C. However you have to be active in the community to know what's going on. Interest is good but you and Shadow do not know that because you are no where to be found. There will always be 6-10 heads writing, such is text today. We are all fine with that. It's about writing, not hosting cultural events.

T.a.C has since stepped down as a Mod. Shadow remains, however inactive he is.

12-13-2012
    Resilient. returns with old, stale questions:
    Good question.

12-21-2012
    This is getting old...

12-30-2012
    Yupppppp...

Now into January
    12-30-2013
    Keep waiting to be in this... Never was seen again. Another lost customer.

1-28-2013
    Veteran competitor Nu'maaN steps in, inquires
    1-29-2013
    Nom is getting impatient, as well as others. Expresses community sentiment:
    1-29-2013
    Kuja again:
    Arent we all Kuja, aren't we all...this is inane, no ?

Now into March

2-4-2013
    ahem...

2-5-2013
    No we are not Nom.

2-12-2013
    2-13-2013
    One does not simply return to no league...

I left out many repeat inquires for March...you get the point.

Now into February

The long time Omega Man cosigns:

Shadow has not so much as give the RSTL two seconds of his time since November.

Apirl 7th, 2013 is the tentative date.

Lucy, I ask for a chance. A very reasonable chance. For the RSTL by the RSTL.

Good Luck, Have Fun guys.
    test
  12. Tacky Jones

Tacky Jones www.TaCsmassivecock.gov

we modded IV because he was a mod before, he helped us to pull some older heads back, and had a few plans that we were going to use to improve. tbh, i jumped the gun on that, getting excited by what he said he could do. you cant blame Shadow for that one.

LP put in his time helping us and earned his mod spot. we gave everyone interested a test run to help out and see how they did before modding them up. you couldnt even last through the test run. why do you think you could run a league if you couldnt even do mags.

we couldnt handle it and needed people to help us pick up the slack? we both ran the league, we participated, shadow works, and is a single father, i was going to school and working, yet we put in 3 seasons running a league that had failed under multiple people in recent times.

we got a cosign from Lucifa, the last one to run the league successfully, which means a hell of a lot more than the disapproval from someone who couldnt even stay focused for 3-4 weeks writing mags to earn a mod spot.

i've ran the rstl, and revived the rbl, all the while having probably 15-20 mods work with me. i know Shadow did a fuckin great job. and i know that you dont have the focus to do it. your word doesnt mean shit when you've gone back on it multiple times.
    test
  13. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA Well-Known Member

test
  14. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

To add on to what T.a.C said..

I like how you only 'conveniently' only showed the sign in post but left out their desire to only last a week or two before signing back out. From all the member you posted a few of them have never really ever been consistent as of late in the league, a few of those names always signed in but no showed. A lot posted verse but never votes, were always late, if they showed up at all.

The Grudge matches were a way for me to see how motivated people were which played out exactly as i told T.a.C it would...the first matchup showed people would show, (most were late) then the ones after that were a travesty. People weren't posting until weeks after the match was created. If it was within the same league time to post a verse (five days) all of you would have no showed, even you coup. Lucy can look at those matchup if she wants just to see how full of crap you are.

I'm not above allowing someone run that league, if i don't chose to, when a suitable fitter shows up. However, you are not suitable for the job. You are a bipolar mess and can not be trusted. I've watched you for years and all you do in whine and complain when things do go your way. No one has a better understanding about people's interest then myself and T.a.C. and although you mention a few good writers who i really like, 3 people isn't enough to start/run a league.

I've have already made the other mods aware that you are NOT mod material. I have never spoken strongly against someone than you and that says a lot.

You were absent from the last tournament, were in for about 5,6 weeks last season (one of your stints lasted all of 3 weeks) not to mention you no showed your last match so get out of here with all your condescension
    test
  15. Resilient.

Resilient. .. . ..

I'm down for this league. I enjoy writing.

And I'm also down to help Shadow in any way. I was doing mags and shit without MOD status. I used to MOD the league with Omen and IV back in the prime days.

A text league is hard to do now since the motivation is gone. It will be a small league.

But I'd be down to participate and write

Keep me posted.
    test
  16. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

<3...
    test
  17. IAmBenT

IAmBenT Eat a dick, faggot

Hey man Im still down to be in this! I love the AOB forum but its not the same as the good ol RSTL bayybeee!
    test
  18. TheInkwell

TheInkwell New Member

jees what is going on in here...
    test
  19. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

another Coup rant
    test
  20. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

I have missed your work