Apple supplier employee describes working conditions.

Discussion in 'IntroSpectrum' started by GaLaTeA, Feb 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

[​IMG]

More: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/26/b...he-human-costs-for-workers-in-china.html?_r=3
    Microsoft probing report of Foxconn mass-suicide threat | Business Tech - CNET News
    Foxconn settles with workers who threatened mass suicide | The Digital Home - CNET News
    test
  2. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

there was another one i read about this company in china that makes the iphones, how all the employees were getting sick, because the clean the glass monitors with benzene, a cancer causing chemical, and the people were getting ilnesses that doctors couldnt explain or treat. So many quit, but beware, cuz your phone could have been treated with benzene and its poisonous, you probably already absorbed into your fingers and ear/face.
    test
  3. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

China seriously needs reforms, when it comes to manufacturing and producing ~ governmental intervention would greatly decrease how companies are able to exploit and abuse workers.

Come to think of it being poor in the Western world isn't that terrible in comparison to China, where the gap between the wealthy and poor is much bigger.
    test
  4. tequila togorgeous

tequila togorgeous New Member

Foxconn is my favourite chinese manafacturing company bar none and the haters can suck a dick. The criticisms in the posted article and all the others i've read all boil down to ignoring something very obvious: Pay and conditions are poorer in China than America because China is poorer than America.

This isnt something that can be legislated away. The Chinese government can pass all the laws it wants but no-one is going to hire a worker whose work is only worth $1 an hour for $3 an hour just because the government says its illegal to pay them any less. The chief effect of legislation intended to improve conditions for employees at companies like foxconn would only come at the expense of worsening conditions for employees who will be let go as a result and the very first to be laid off would be those at the margins with the lowest productivity, in other words, those who most need a job and would find it most difficult to find another one.

Think about it. If the employees could find better employment than foxconn they wouldnt be there. They work there because they judge it better than working in a rice field or picking through garbage piles to find stuff they can sell for scrap. You'd have poor chinese pay an expensive price for your cheap compassion.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.