anyone who thinks bruce lee would beat JDS, fedor, lesnar, jon jones etc is an idiot

Discussion in 'Audio Emcee Hook Ups' started by PiffInDaBasket, Apr 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Namor

Namor Prodigal Sun-god

I don't think so-there are various stories of other exceptional martial artists from other styles, who were not as famous as Lee who also have stories abound of them being so far ahead of other fighters...

We call these masters Legends

Bruce Lee is/was a Legend

MMA is a lot safer than most of the combat situations Bruce routinely involved himself in...

the instincts that are cultivated in those circumstances, in addition to how Lee trained would put him on a level well beyond most of all of the popular "sport fighters" of today....

there are only a handful of historical martial artist that I would bet against Lee with:

[​IMG]

Toshitsugu Takamatsu-Id favor him against Lee, might wanna google this guy. These modern day practitioners do not train or fight like these guys did; accepting challenges from other schools-and sometimes fighting to the death...
    test
  2. Vividescription

Vividescription New Member

Its a whole different element if you are talking strictly Traditional Martial Arts, in an anything goes situation. But from a combat sports perspective, its speculation on what he can or can't do to today's competition. Its not even debatable actually.

I was aware of Takamatsu when I was a child, since my Sensei then spoke of him, and read about him in Black Belt magazine back then. Certainly, when you add the element of pressure points and various other illegal moves (Hyol Do Bup or Dim Mak), the one who practices it more would have the higher chance of success, predominantly from a clinch range. But I was only referring to the combat sports element of it. Although, one would also give the benefit of the doubt to the Jiu-jitsu practitioner who can remove that application by negating that on the ground.

From a combat sports perspective, one would be silly to think Bruce can dominate everyone in a sport that actually applied his philosophies in a competitively advanced manner, and its still evolving. I've seen children study MMA as young as 3, while most of us (including Bruce) who practiced/studied/competed in MMA, started learning multiple arts later on in life.
    test
  3. M.J. Twelve

M.J. Twelve New Member

NAh bro, I mean you might say the same thing bout Gracie in his prime TBH, I would put him up there over any of them dudes in a mma match. Am I being to un-realistic with that? Doubt it, Still, Id say Lee would beat Gracie in a fight.

Like he mastered things that cats are still trying to understand. I am sure there are better fighters than him, but none as renowned, and that goes for these cats out here.

Im not saying he CANT LOOSE, Im just sayin that he would be stealing panties in MMA and would be a champion.
    test
  4. -MV-

-MV- Banned

I prefer the way asians train in martial arts.
    In western civilization you simply go to a class in the afternoon..in Asia..you live there...eat there..and train daily man..shit sound so peaceful
    test
  5. Vividescription

He actually never practiced Brazilian Jiu-jitsu and trained minimally in Freestyle Wrestling, which are two of the most effective grappling styles in Mixed Martial Arts. Yes, he learned Judo as well as Sambo, but thats as far as it went when it came to grappling arts. Although he applied some grappling to JKD, he didn't train in those styles as extensively as he did in the standing arts, and you can say he didn't master them like many fighters today. Even though he didn't master all the arts applied in combat, he would be, in essence, the first Mixed Martial Artist, even though he never applied all of them in competition.

Sorry, there's a lot to learn in Mixed Martial Arts, and it's apparent you know don't know much about every art involved (no offense). Watch more MMA..and its a "fight"..not a "match".

Ultimately, he would do well in MMA, but its far too advanced at this point, and it goes beyond just striking. Jeet Kune Do incorporated grappling, but it was more based on the feet. But he was one of those philosophers of the arts that was aware there was more to fighting than the standing arts, so it makes him ahead of his time. Again, its quite silly to think without extensive BJJ or Wrestling backgrounds, that he will be champion. Not realistic.
    test
  6. Vividescription

LOL @ Josh Grispi..

I don't even remember the last time he fought.
    test
  7. PiffInDaBasket

PiffInDaBasket New Member

these niggas actually think hiechi is a real person

old asian men really?

these niggas actually think video games are real life
    test
  8. TWAMP$iN

TWAMP$iN proper weaponry

Mario and Luigi would catch fire flowers and body Fedor.
    test
  9. PiffInDaBasket

PiffInDaBasket New Member

thats what they sound like twamp, lames right?
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.