anyone watch The Contender?

Discussion in 'Movies, Entertainment & Various Music Genres' started by deathB4dishonor, May 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deathB4dishonor

deathB4dishonor The Frontline Family

Some of that shit is heart wrenching...

Do you think Peter got lucky this week?
    test
  2. Mind~$oul

Mind~$oul I'm Pretty

I never know when this shit comes on. I only catch the reruns and shit. Last one I seen, Ishe got beat.
    test
  3. Catch TWENTY 2

Catch TWENTY 2 Poet Extrodinaire

Comes on Sundays at 8 or nine I think
    test
  4. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Out of his 3, that was Peter's best fight... he dominated Joey in the first 2 rounds... Joey came back and put up a flurry in the next 2... it was tied 2-2 at the start of round 5... but the headbutt did Joey in, because Peter edged him... had he not got injured, I believe Joey MIGHT'VE won.

Who do you think's gonna win it all?

I'm thinking either Alfonso or that dude who beat Ishe. Even if Alfonso were to rematch Peter, I still think Alfonso would win again, because he's the toughest guy there. He can take a punch better than anybody. I don't like that short, bald dude nor that melodramatic louse who fought Brent Cooper.
    test
  5. deathB4dishonor

I dunno i just hate it when shows vote a person back on... its sorta lame and loses its whole meaning when someone can lose and come back but other people can't. I mean i like Peter but I dunno it just seem sort of wrong to the other guys who are home and are home for good.

I fucking hated Ahmed passionately, the guy just gave of bad vibes I was cheering when Alfonso beat his ass. I hope Alfonso wins the whole thing, from what we have seen I believe he is fully capable of taking it all the way.
    test
  6. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

I don't really fuck with reality shows like that, so I never really developed an opinion on their dynamics, such as voting people back on... All I watch on regular tv are The Contender and 24.

I wasn't mad at them voting Peter back on... just gave me more chances to ogle his wife... she seems like she can be a bitch when she wants to, though.

I didn't hate Ahmed... nor Ishe or anybody else who was talking shit... I mean, this is boxing for crying out loud... it's part of the game... geeesh!! And that short, stubby, bald-headed fucker was gettin' so bitchy about Ishe calling out their records and shit... so fuckin' what!! Be a man and take off the panties!! I really wanted him to fight Ishe, but of course, he punked out. What's that other hispanic's name? Not Alfonso, the other one. I believe it's gonna be either him or Alfonso that takes the whole thing.
    test
  7. deathB4dishonor

I just didn't like Ahmed... I like the shit talking on the show it brings it to life... i just didn't like the guy, just him being alive annoys me.
    test
  8. Flint Marko

Flint Marko New Member

I usually watch it on sunday@ 7pm. My pick to win it all is Alfonzo like everyone else cause my original guy (De Le Rosa or whatever that kid's name was) turned pussy and gave up.....what a stupid bitch.

edit>> oh I also like Sergio Mora, I think a match with him versus Alfonzo would be very fun to watch.
    test
  9. Super.

Super. New Member

JOEY GOT ROBBED

i have lost all motivation to watch the show because of that shit..ill only watch it cause of alfonso, hes pretty ill.
    test
  10. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

^^Yeah, Peter did a Holyfield move with the headbutt... they say it was accidental, though. I don't know. Their cutman sucks, because I've seen cuts worse than that that have been able to be mended and the fighter continues. The momentum was all Joey's way at that point...
    test
  11. Vince Vaughn

Vince Vaughn New Member

Alfonso is a fucking joke....a fluke that should've never won his first fight, muchless his second.

Sergio is the better boxer in this competition...he actually uses strategy somehow in a 5 rd fight that usually consists of wild punches and staggering guys depending on the bell.

Ishe was the best...got upset by sergio, so I've got sergio winning it...i don't see anyone left that can give him a decent fight.

I just want anthony knocked out....dude's like 50 years old.
    test
  12. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Looks like you got your wish.

He's a cheap fighter... he kept puttin' Jesse in headlocks and then punchin' him as he eased out... he was also using his forearm in a lot of his punch flurries.

Jesse caught him with the best punch of this series so far... Anthony saw stars.
    test
  13. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

it was a good fight...but, that dude was a shyt fighter who punched him self out then got knocked the fuck out. anyway...anyone see that fight on showtime......goddam, that was a fight...charlos gets knocked out twice then comes back and gets the tko....and his face was fucked but, so was his opponents. best fight of 2005. toe to toe the whole fight. god daM.
    test
  14. Vince Vaughn

Vince Vaughn New Member

yeah, the guy was open every round for the uppercut....left or right would've hurt him...

what a fucking idiot....all he had to do was stay out of reach, and the rounds would carry in his favor...but no, got greedy...kept being sloppy as hell and agressive...then boom....2 shots of the same, and - done.

Made me happy to see him hit the canvas. Loved it.

"NOOOOOO!"

"NOOOO!"

lol
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.