Anyone wanna teach me how to make a sampled beat?

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by .:Pain:., Feb 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SamSneed

SamSneed TrackWorks

my understandin on the whole sampling issue close to what arcane is talking about...and i got this info from some of the A&R's we talk to around jerzy and nyc, but for any of yall that have delt with this dudes, u know that some of them are some dumb ass mutha fuckers that spit nothing but garbage out thier mouth...so dont take this as fact...

anyway...when a producer produces/sells a sampled beat to a lable, the contract will include that he must say where the sample came from, now at the same time there will also be another part in the contract that states the lable will be responsible for clearing the contrcat, and will assume all responsiblities and liablities...it works like this cause when you sell the beat your signing a work for hire contract, which basically makes you a temporary employee of the label, and any work you producer is actually owned by the lable, its not yours, they own all the rights and so on, but of course the producer still gets points and all that shit is in the contract...so, so legally the tracks are own by label, this way if the label is working on an album and they got 50 tracks, 20 of them are sampled, and only 5 of those sampled ones make the album, they only have to clear 5 samples...but at the same time theres a bunch of other catches in the contract about leaking uncleared songs and shit like that...plus the producers service fee is really like an advance, they label recoups that shit on the point structure, for example you wont see shit on points untill the label pays its self off for the amount of your advance with you point earnings, and depending on the contract, there could be other parts about any law suit dues from an unclear sampled you produced being paid with your point money and things like that...

again, dont know if thats 100% but thats how i understand it....
    test
  2. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

i was just talkin shit lol. I had issues with sampling myself actually. Liquid got me started on the basics and I built from there. Ive only been sampling for about a year and Ive only been chopping for a few months. Ill loop anything lol
    test
  3. I SUCK AT POKER < DONKEY

I SUCK AT POKER < DONKEY who fuen CARES

basically on point
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.