Anyone wanna teach me how to make a sampled beat?

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by .:Pain:., Feb 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MagicDonJuan

MagicDonJuan Active Member

just clear the sample if u sell it. geez.
    did u go to a school to learn engineering arcane?
    test
  2. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

i didnt produce for them, obviously, as my name isn't on their album

i mixed monitors at the mark ecko gettin' up festival in toronto, august 13th and 4th, 2005 with towers productions

all those artists performed
    test
  3. I SUCK AT POKER < DONKEY

I SUCK AT POKER < DONKEY who fuen CARES

loool thats hardly a legit resume then. honestly if uve never dealt with actual sample clearance dont make up bs.
    test
  4. Rebel.Music

Rebel.Music New Member

Wow, that's almost like the guy sellin soda at the festival saying that he worked with those artists too.

Working with them means actually working WITH them. The bouncer at a club doesn't say that he's worked with Mobb Deep when they perform at the club that he works at.
    test
  5. BeatSlangaz

BeatSlangaz 08 is not your year!

lmao!!!!!!
    test
  6. *Deuce Wilde*

*Deuce Wilde* aka stfu dave

word the fuck up!
    test
  7. Dre Derelict

Dre Derelict New Member

Lol this thread is mad funny. Really, heads know what concerns them and what doesn't. Hell, even these producers on the net that say "don't steal my shit or I WILL sue you" doesn't really mean shit. Cats are actually pressing up albums with beats that arent exclusively their shit and who ever finds out? No one!

Being on a Hip Hop board, or listening to a Hip Hop track dissing sampling is dumb though...Hip Hop=Sampling. Whether the shit was created professionally, chopped, looped, simple, or complex isn't the issue. I'm sorry, heads that think that all Hip Hop based beats should be composed??? Get the fuck outta here.

I remember reading a few threads on the whole suing issue, I remember being on the Non Prophets board (I hate these fuckers, but anyways) I saw a thread of a recent court case saying that a certain amount of the shit needed to be sampled and certain level had to be reached. Meaning units and I guess a label.

So I doubt Rufus would coincidentally walk into a session of me sampling their shit even though I have no label backing, probably won't be doing more but selling the beat and fading in the distance, and then bring up a suit.

I know everyone wants to pretend to be more professional than they are...and I agree with knowing the facts and details of your facet/genre/career whatever. But...realism has to be a factor too, lol.
    test
  8. styll_amz

styll_amz New Member

anyway, to really get back to the whole educational thing and learning cuz arcane and everyone is here to help, let's stop arguing and debating and help a dude wit a few questions. cool ? =p

"you need an mpd for that shit"
    what is an MPD and what do u need it to do?

composing and sampling... key differences?
    i know i'ma probably get bashed lol but i need to kno specifically. i'm the kid at school that puts is hands up... no not really but here i will.

anyway, if any y'all livin' in the tdot area and willing to help me out, cook some 'crack' up, or whatever the case may be, get at me through msn or just pm me.

and yo, get off arcane's back, homey's takin the time to help everyone out.. how cruel this world may be, heh.

getting back to the topic about sampling.. i've got a tutorial somewhere that shows a bit abt it. if i can find it i'll post it or pm you or something. peacee
    test
  9. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

hes asking the right people but hes asking the wrong questions. its not how do u sample but ask specific things. i could tell u a fast way of sampling is

1. record sample
    2. loop sample.
    3. add drums
    4. add bass

and he still wouldnt know shit
    test
  10. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

legally ur right but how many people do u know of that are releasing tracks before they cleared the sample or even letting the track be known before clearing it and making a profit?
    test
  11. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

um, i'm pretty sure being ON STAGE with them mixing their monitors and talking to them about what they want done for their show qualifies as working with them

I have contact numbers for every single one of their agents, tour mangers, front of house techs and their entire show staff

but yeah, i didn't "work" with them [dunno][funny]
    test
  12. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

|mao @ this whole legitmacy of sampling thing. WTF cares. If they aint takin food off ur plate and kickin u outta benz's why does it bother u how a another man makes his money right or wrong. I personally make both composed and sample based tracks shit I compose with samples at times if u do it right aint nobody gonna tell the difference stop arguing over techincalilties lol
    test
  13. *Deuce Wilde*

*Deuce Wilde* aka stfu dave

well don't list them in ur "resume", making it look like actually took part in one of their songs or projects... all u were was the techie, their bitch, at one show...
    test
  14. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

lets see...considering I'm A FREELANCE PA TECH/LIVE ENGINEER putting them on my resume would be a good idea...i have the festival as a listing, not the artists individually

and anyways, it's better than any of you have done in the industry...at least i've met and worked with celebrities
    test
  15. Premize Prod

Premize Prod aka reggie kush

hardly. cats on this board actually PRODUCE tracks for "celebrities".. so get your facts str8. your just looking like a foolish little kid.
    test
  16. -Caliban-

-Caliban- New Member

Just like you said, you put the festival on your resume, not those artists. You didn't work with the artist, you worked with the festival.

I guess that's the same thing as •••••••'s gold plaque with Pretty Ricky, INFO and Nova producing for Dipset, and Wyshmaster getting on the DTP album.
    test
  17. DjayCasper

DjayCasper Eh Fuck It.

one time destinys child came to my city

there for, i lived with beyonce for a short while
    test
  18. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

so the fact that it was the biggest hip hop festival in canadian history, and all those artists were there, TALKING TO ME and PAYING ME TO BE THERE means I didn't work with them? Right

i guess if you serve food at mc donalds you're really not working for them either...you just hang out and get paid by them...:screwy:
    test
  19. -Caliban-

-Caliban- New Member

The artists didn't pay you, the festival did.

I talked to Tyson Beckford once and my friend wanted us to take a picture with him, I guess her and I worked with him too.
    test
  20. DjayCasper

DjayCasper Eh Fuck It.

mcdonalds pays you to make cheese burgers
    if ti comes in and orders a big mac

even though he essentially 'payed' you for the burger
    doesent mean he hired u to make burgers

theyre not cutting u checks.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.