Anyone wanna teach me how to make a sampled beat?

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by .:Pain:., Feb 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ejuhcaited

Ejuhcaited ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

lmao @ the bowlcut
    test
  2. Ejuhcaited

Ejuhcaited ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Last time i checked...10$ Wrangler jean wearin white boys didnt sample....

smh...[pus]
    test
  3. RePerCuZionZ

RePerCuZionZ Square-Wave Creator

I guess you dont know what a bowl cut even is, cuz that is hardly a bowl cut

Im just curious, what do you do in the music industry???
    test
  4. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

last time i checked i was wearing phat pharm, enyce or sean john...not that clothing has shit to do with it

and by saying that you agree with not clearing samples is saying you agree with my car stealing philosophy

they're one in the same
    test
  5. Ejuhcaited

Ejuhcaited ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

well im not white...so i guess i wouldnt.

what do i do in the music industry....well since were posting on a hip-hop message board in an forum titled "Audio Producers Discussion"...[pus]
    test
  6. Ejuhcaited

Ejuhcaited ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Sean John Polo=45$
    Enyce Jeans=35$
    Phat Farm Kicks=75$

Realizing your White....

PRICELESS!!!
    test
  7. RePerCuZionZ

RePerCuZionZ Square-Wave Creator

So you make shitty beats that engineers have to fix cuz they are wrong in all aspects of mixing
    test
  8. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

to be considered "in the music industry" it typically has to be your sole form of income, or at least a large portion of your income

from the way you've been talking, i'd be suprised if you've done anything more than a nimrod compilation cd that's yet to be released at target
    test
  9. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

and who the fuck cares if i'm white?

i can't be into and understand hip hop because i'm pigmently disabled?

tell that to 7/8ths of the people on rm...cause guess what, we're a majority here
    test
  10. Rebel.Music

Rebel.Music New Member

Notice how they haven't mentioned a case where the producer is the one held liable. In every case mentioned, they say that the producers were contract producers and are covered by the label. Well, what the fuck do you think we would be then?

Once again, they are going to go after the money. That's what has happened in the past and that's what will continue to happen.

Your car comparison is stupid. You're trying to compare physical property to intellectual property, tangibles to intangibles.
    test
  11. th3r3isn0futur3

th3r3isn0futur3 Active Member

chyea mayn, in case you didn't know.... 95% of midi files on the net are somethin someone else replayed.... no shit it has more than 4 tracks, unless someone sampled a piano solo wit nuthin else, a sample has multiple instruments.... take Warren G - Regulators.... except for one low synth, everythin in that song is sampled.... they sampled like 3 songs mayn... so of course theres gunna be mad tracks, one for every instrument in the sample....
    test
  12. *Deuce Wilde*

*Deuce Wilde* aka stfu dave

the fact that their original composition is still intact and they still have possession of it... whereas ur car is gone, dipshit...
    test
  13. *Deuce Wilde*

says who...?
    test
  14. Worthiest Words

Worthiest Words New Member

PRODUCERS Rearly If EVER get sued, it's the ARTIST and his record company that folks out, this has been proven time and time again. Aslong as the producers arent getting Royalties then it’s all good.

AND NO they DON'T COME AFTER YOU HOUSE OR YOUR STUDIO OR YOU MPC, but they can take every penny you made of that beat ( which rearly happens).. At the end of the day the person the artist sampled or his/her record company would rather settle out of court. If a artist isnt selling BIG BIG units then these people don't give two shits about you..If your a producer and have been paid 10 grand for a beat but didnt clear the sample, you might have to pay that cash back, but like said that's the worst case scenario. Once the beats out your hands the cat who bought it is now responsible .. Arcane and the other dude are talking some sense, but they are also talkibg alotta crap..

Heres a case of de la soul

"De La Soul's first single 'Plug Tuning' sampled Liberacé which did not cause much of a problem, probably as it made very little money, but when they sampled Hall and Oates on 'Say No Go' and the song became a hit they encountered a law suit, and worse, at the end of 1989 the Turtles sued for $1.1 million for the use of an unlicensed sample from their 1969 single 'You Showed Me.'. However the case was settled out of court for a figure 'rumoured to be in the low five figures'.

heres another case of the ARTIST not the PRODUCER

"Vanilla Ice however sampled the most identifiable riffs from David Bowie and Queen's song 'Under Pressure' for his only hit from his LP entitled 'In The Extreme'. The samples however were not licensed or even credited. As it is generally accepted that readily identifiable riffs or hooks in a song are what generates the sales, the similarity of Vanilla's track to the original would lead it to compete directly. The case never went to trial, although it is believed that after a threatened law suit from 'Under Pressure's' copyright owners Vanilla Ice settled out of court for an undisclosed sum"

Worst case for the artist and record companny

"If a record has been released containing an illegal sample and the copyright owners of the original work find out, they can use the services of the Music Publishers Association to avoid a lengthy and expensive court case. This procedure has been set up on a trial basis to help musical copyright owners involved in sampling disputes resolve their arguments provided both parties go with an attitude of reconciliation."

FACT...

"Nobody, as yet has been taken to court for sampling just a drum beat, even one two bars long, so it seems there is an unwritten rule stating that this use of percussion only, is permissible"

If a Artist isnt selling BIG UNITS

"There are a number of possible ways of resolving the ownership problem. One possibility is 'Clear' any samples used. Clearance would probably not be worthwhile for a small production run (perhaps upto 5 or 10,000 units)"

Obliviously for any artist clearing a sample is worthwhile in the long run

"Sample clearing is a long and tedious process and clearance houses have the contacts to get it done quicker and sooner than anybody else, this is where they have carved a niche for themselves in the marketplace."
    test
  15. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

way to get literal with my analogy

it's the principle that i'm stealing something YOU OWN, changing it, then making money off it without you knowing

when you find out later, you'd be pissed

just because i can copy a sample and not copy a car is irrelivant, IT STILL STEALING and you are STILL LIABLE
    test
  16. Stiffaz

Stiffaz I'm White

u gotta be kiddin me lol if u've worked with these artists, u wouldn't be messin with a stupid board on the internet..

and why the fuck kanye or nas or joe should a skinny internet freak as their producer ???

this board gettin more and more ridiculous lol
    test
  17. Premize Prod

Premize Prod aka reggie kush

look out its the ambiguously gay duo!
    test
  18. DjayCasper

DjayCasper Eh Fuck It.

? die, please.

but um yeah
    gotta catch me in the act
    my side of the story is

"i replayed that"
    "i had a bitch come in an sing that"
    "thats a coinscidence...thier record sounds like MINE"

lol.

but all jokes aside..
    i did a beat an bizzy bone rapped on it.
    an i member listenin to bone thugz n harmony as a kid
    so how ill is that?
    test
  19. *Deuce Wilde*

you're analogy sucked and was irrelevant dude...
    test
  20. djestouff

djestouff New Member

i'm really tired of fools coming in here and acting like they're "above" sampling. if you dont like what is essentially the foundation of the hip hop beat, fine, but keep that shit to yourself. there is no need to go around bashing on something that the rest of us AND the INDUSTRY do.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.