Anyone wanna teach me how to make a sampled beat?

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by .:Pain:., Feb 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BeatSlangaz

BeatSlangaz 08 is not your year!

Attention everyone!!!!!!!!!

Throw away your record collection and be sure to delete all files that can be sampled on your pc......The sample police are in the building........

STFU you scared faggots and chop something.......ya motherfuckas act like sampling is a fuckin sin.....
    test
  2. Rebel.Music

Rebel.Music New Member

One of the main components when you considering to sue someone is if they'll be able to pay the judgment. You think they'll care about some producer who sells beats in his spare time for a couple hundred each? Of course not.

Once again, they'll go after the money, which is in the record sales.

If you explicitly state that the artist or the label has to clear the samples in the song, then there is no getting around that.
    test
  3. RePerCuZionZ

RePerCuZionZ Square-Wave Creator

^^^^^^What the fuck dont you get that even if you say "you have to clear the sample". You are still liable, you are taking someone elses piece of music and selling it, thats illegal

Dont you grasp the concept of that??
    test
  4. Premize Prod

Premize Prod aka reggie kush

how stupid are you?

tell that to justblaze. he'd be broke. i know of atleast 3 tracks he sampled that didnt get cleared. they dont go after the producer you idiot. name ONE case where the producer got sued or in trouble. name it you faggot. wait you cant... cuz they dont go after the producer.

fucking idiot. go back to ROCK. obviously you dont know shit about hiphop.
    test
  5. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

they'll go after EVERYONE INVOLVED, most of all the producer because HE VIOLATED COPYRIGHT BY USING THE SAMPLE IN THE FIRST PLACE

he took a peice of intellectual property (the sample) and claimed it as his own (by choping it and making a beat), therefore violating the origional artists copyright and making him LIABLE (you DO know what that means, right? or am I just talking for the sake of taking again?)

considering those who are sampled are typically musicians who never really made it in the first place, being in the media not only spurs their albums sales somewhat, but it brings them closer to that lost dream they had once

anyways, a producer who sells beats for a few hundred each in his spare time still has a job, car, house and other assets that can easily be used to pay judgement, you think that they're only going after money made directly from the music? FUCK NO, when you sue an individual, they have to pay the judgement with whatever assets they have, and then any future income is directed towards paying that judgement until the amount is covered

how much would you like to bet on that one?

how about this, I'm going to steal your car. then i'm going to cut it up, and make a new car out of it and sell that car to someone. I get that person to sign a contract saying that anything that has to do with the car is their responsibility. You find out that I was the one who stole your car, and also who the new owner is. Are you saying that you'd ONLY go after the new owner of the car, because I have this shit saying that it's their problem now? FUCK NO, you'd be on my ass like white on rice (no homo) for every dollar that car was worth. What makes sampling ANY different from that?

You steal something thats mine. You then make it something else. You then sell that something else to make money. YOU ARE STILL STEALING, and are therefore JUST AS RESPONSIBLE AS THE PERSON WHO BOUGHT IT. I don't give a fuck what the agreement you had between them says, you still stole my shit, so I'm going after YOU for it.

Think about this from different angles instead of having your head shoved up the ass of the "it's just making music and it's culture" train. Now I'm going to go have a more interesting conversation with a peice of dryer lint that I found in my pocket. I can't wait till one of you get taken for an assload of money when one of the artists you've "produced" a sampled beat for actually does something with their music.
    test
  6. Ejuhcaited

Ejuhcaited ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

lmao...

these wiggas Arcane and Repercusions....smh

I remember when Namco figured out their video game sounds was sampled in "Game Over"....they only listed Sony (Label) and Lil Flip (Exec Producer) as defendants...not Nick Fury (the producer)

Same thing with that Truth Hurts-Addictive....Only Dr Dre(exec producer) and Aftermath (label) got sued....not DJ QUIK.

I know from some ppl in the game who actually got placements on major albums....the label will have u and the artist sign somethin sayin u composed/wrote the music, (and if not, where u got it from) before the track is released on album, to avoid these issues. In these papers it says somethin bout only if u dont disclose sources you used, can you be held liable. So if u list the sample, and Def Jam doesnt clear the sample on accident, you wont get sued.

So that trumps everyhting Repercuzions and Arcane have said. All those bullshit paragraphs for nothin. LMAO

The only ppl gettin sued these days from a sample not gettin cleared is the Albums Executive Producer and Label. Maybe music producers might have gotten sued back in the early 90s when Law on sampling wasnt that clear...but its 2006.
    test
  7. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

ok, i'm going to go steal your car now

see rant, part 5, subsection 2, paragraph two:

test
  8. RePerCuZionZ

test
  9. Ejuhcaited

Ejuhcaited ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

what have you produced? Dont name any DZK or Nokas compilations either LMAO. I can tell with a lame ass name "SkewedUpProductions" u aint done shit. I can make a donut and say im in the Restraunt Biz too.

Name me one case since 95 where a record/music producer has gotten sued over a sample clearance issue. The only producer getitn sued in this type of situation is the Exec Producer of the release (whos job in conjuction with the Label is to manage the clearances, budget, ETC).
    test
  10. Ejuhcaited

Ejuhcaited ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Where in that article does it list Easy Mo Bee (producer of Gimmie The Loot, Machine Gun Funk and Ready to die) as being sued?

It only lists Bad Boy (label) Universal (distributor).

HHard HEaded ass cracker.
    test
  11. RePerCuZionZ

Well, im not a producer, only an engineer.

And there is only a few cats I have mixed for online.

And most of my work is with canadian based artists, so I doubt you would know any clients even if i named them.

Arcane on the other hand has worked for all your favourite rappers, doing live sound at one of the biggest shows in Toronto.

As for up coming projects.

I know Arcane is mixing atleast half of 9th Uno's album, hes affiliated with Def Jux

As for me, I am mixing songs off the Mike Boyd album, fully produced by Classified
    And we are working out details, but i will most likely be working on the ShadK album
    test
  12. Ejuhcaited

Ejuhcaited ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

I asked who yall produced...yall are some damn engineers...what the hell would you know about this shit? STFU
    test
  13. RePerCuZionZ

LMAO @ what the hell would we know??? Because we make a living off of the music industry, we are around it 24/7, this is our fuckin lives. Get the fuck outta here like we dont know what the fuck we are doing
    test
  14. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

umm...ever heard of a label signing a producer? they do that you know....elite is signed as an in house producer for rough riders, dre is an in house producer for interscope, shady is an in house producer for aftermath and shady records

when the label gets sued, the producer is already covered because he's on the label

My client list:
    Ludacris
    Busta Rhymes
    Lil John
    Nas
    Ciara
    Jully Black
    Mos Def
    Kanye West
    The Rascalz
    Thrust
    Kardinal Offishal
    Keisha Chante
    Jeleestone
    Bless
    Swollen Members
    Fat Joe
    Elissa Barclay
    River
    Annie Marleau
    Bishop Brigande
    Empire
    The Show
    Fineprint
    The Parachute Club
    Snow
    Diggin' Roots
    Liam Titcomb
    The Hollows
    Brian Gladstone

That's who I've worked with since AUGUST. Some as a producer, some as an engineer, some as a live audio/PA tech. Most of the lesser names I did work on their album. Not all are hip hop, shit half of it isn't even close, but diversity is where the money is and I personally prefer to make money as opposed to sit and circle jerk with you folks at wendys (or your fast food restraunt of choice...or target, or wherever you and your aquantences decide to circle jerk, i really don't fucking care).
    Funny, considering I have a producer who I work with as a team. He directs the band/artist, I take care of the technical shit. Just because I'm not the producer myself doesn't mean I don't know what the guy two feet behind me is doing. I've done some production work myself, and beat making is a hobby when I get bored. Shit, I DJ too, so don't fucking tell me I don't know what I'm talking about.

DO NOT come at me like I don't know my shit, because I will school you. Fucking try me, I'm bored and have nothing better to do at 1:20am than make a kid on RM feel like an idiot for talking shit on a message board where my only goal is to possibly influence the future of the music industry and avoid the cluster fuck that it is now. So please, fucking try me, I could use some more amusement tonight.
    test
  15. Ejuhcaited

Ejuhcaited ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Nick Fury isnt signed to Sony...DJ QUIK isnt signed to Aftermath.....Easy Mo Bee isnt signed to Bad Boy...STFU

Dawg....your a rock producer . STFU, cracker.
    test
  16. RePerCuZionZ

Lmao, only a slow witted idiot would have to bring race into it. And you would be so quick to say whites are racist, but look at you, you're no better.

You calling us Rock Producers, well sorry if we dont solely work with rap, even tho 90% of my clients are rappers, i hate working with them the most, they have the biggest attitude, and biggest ego on the face of the earth, they hardly pay on time
    test
  17. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

they're contract producers, therefore for the purposes of the album, they're signed to the label, therefore when the label gets sued for that specific album, they're liable under the name of the record label
    funny, 80% of my clients in the last seven months are HIP HOP

and what makes you think hip hop works differently than rock or jazz or country or anything else in the music business?

just because you're "hip hop" means it's ok to steal other peoples shit and resell it without problems? good philosophy there....
    test
  18. Ejuhcaited

Ejuhcaited ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

If thats the case, what the hell u doin on RAPmusic.com [?]

GTFOOHWTBS (Literally)
    test
  19. RePerCuZionZ

LMAO @ I MIX WITH COOL EDIT, that shit is a fuckin joke cuz of how everyone asks about pre-sets in cool edit

[​IMG]

That doenst look like cool edit to me

[​IMG]

that doesnt look like cool edit either

More like a full pro tools hd rig
    test
  20. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

and just FYI (in regards to your cluster fucking the 5.1 thread) that HD room IS fully 5.1, because it's used for post, and pretty much only post
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.