Anyone Using M-Audio Fast Track Ultra W/ Cool Edit Pro 2.0??

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by Mr. Verbalist, Jun 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Verbalist

Mr. Verbalist How am I doin?

I'm recording in mono, but the signal meter only shows the "left" signal coming though... it still records fine and everything comes out in the middle, but I know it shouldn't be like that.... it's almost like it's making it a split source almost as if it were stereo.. I have no idea how to fix this... I'm so used to using logic pro that I forgot everything about cep 2.0... maybe my signal flow is screwd up, but if I can get any help, it will be much appreciated!
    test
  2. Mr. ROUSH

Mr. ROUSH WWW.SOUNDCLICK.COM/ROUSH

There is not a thing wrong with that.. Stereo is Left and Right as I'm sure you're aware.. therefore when you record mono you don't need both the left and right.. otherwise you would be recording stereo.. which in most cases you don't want to do.. so the fact that it's mono is why only the Left channel is being used and being metered.. You're looking at a stereo meter with a mono signal going to it.. so what you're seeing is absolutley fine..

It's been a long, long time since I used CEP, but surely there is a way to convert the tracks to mono.. then you would only see one meter instead of two, and you would have one channel in the track instead of two.. either way is fine, as long as your mono track isn't being converted to stereo at the output stage of the track you're recording on. pz.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.