Anyone submit their poems to books? Check this out..

Discussion in 'Writer's Block' started by Tha Real Explicit, May 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tha Real Explicit

Tha Real Explicit type ill

i been submitting to that poetry.com site for awhile now and been getting mail about wanting to use my shit in books, which is cool, and they give me discount rides to disney world for the convention and shit but i've never went yet. but they usually only publish the poem and if i want bio info i gotta pay y'kno.

anyways, i just got an email to be included in a book called "whos who in poetry" and i get 1 page for a bio and another page for a poem of my choice.

ionno i just thought that was mad cool cause ive always wanted to throw down a little bio so peeps kno whats up y'kno instead of just readin my poem.

thought id share

any ya'll do stuff like this with ya poems?
    test
  2. lpoet

lpoet POET

i think u should have posted this in the realms sub forum
    test
  3. lpoet

lpoet POET

and to answer your question no i do not do that...i thought about it before though
    test
  4. American Beauty

American Beauty Sarcasm's Pinnacle

They want to publish mine, too, but I don't trust those assholes.
    test
  5. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

i'm thinking about closing this...

this has less than nothing to do with this forum
    test
  6. identity-X

identity-X No Talent Assclown

before you close!

here's how some of those poetry sites work. some tell you that they won't put bio information in the book unless you pay, some say that they won't put your poem into the book at all unless you buy it. it's a scam

a buddy of mine wrote poems for a buch of site and had a ton of similar offers. the only thing is that he was just fucking around when he wrote it...complete randomness!...and they still offered to put it in a book, but only if he bought it.
    test
  7. HOLLOW 55

HOLLOW 55 You niggas cant trap here

I moved it here.

Sorry if this isn't the right place by any chance.
    test
  8. the Guy with a Pen

the Guy with a Pen a Svan Production

yeah poetry.com is a scam site.. they emailed me about the "whos who in poetry" as well..

my advice: stay way from em.. its not worth it..
    test
  9. Tha Real Explicit

Tha Real Explicit type ill

hahahahha @ scam.. are some of you people that dumb? really..?

they dont make me pay to submit, they've given me discounts on plane trips to orlando florida for the poets convention asking me if i wanna be one of the people to recite their poems in front of everyone, because they picked a handful. discounts on big hotels in the orlando area that i can stay in well attending the convention, they also have sent me things telling me that they chose me and 49 others (50 total) to recieve prizes at the convention but like i said i didn't want to go, because im finishing up my senior year and all that.

ive also purchased one of the books at a discount since i had a few poems in it, and i got the book.. what a scam right?

how do they scam me when i submit poems for free, and now i can submit a poem and bio for free, they give me discounts on the book, discounts on plane tickets to florida, discount on a big hotel, asked to recite my poem, offered prizes if attended..

yup, i musta got ripped off bad..
    its a real company you dumbasses, they dont just email you, they've sent me so much mail i dunno what to do with it, and ive done research on the address and shit sent to me.
    test
  10. identity-X

identity-X No Talent Assclown

wow....somebody is getting defensive...

you might have gotten a legit sight, but like I said I know of people who have entered random streams of consciousness as poems and have been told it would be put into a book, but ONLY if they opted to pay for the book. these were "poems" that had no artistic merit whatsoever...dudes where jackassing around just to see what would come of it. don't get your panties in a wad yo :)

still...they're getting your hard earned money. out of curiousity how would you know if your poem was in their book if you didn't PAY for a copy so you could check for yourself?
    test
  11. RealMS

RealMS Ne te quaesiveris extra

I put up two poems on poetry.com and after that I've been getting letters in the mail from all kinda places to publish and have some of my other writings in books. I can include my poem in it and not pay at all, or I can buy the book and pay. Additional fee if I want to include a picture of myself or like it was said before a short biography, but I recently paid for a book one of my poems will be in not much at all, I forgot the name though at this minute.
    test
  12. Psycho69

Psycho69 A Soul Born In Verse

I don't know if it a scam site..

I just know I kept getting stuff from them about the convention and being eligible for prizes and asking me to pay for a bio, book, etc etc and some thing you get at the convention and I got some cheesy looking certificate thing.

I think anyone who submits poems gets the same thing though
    test
  13. I put some poems on poetry.com ages ago, and well They sent me some letters saying that i'd won some cup and they wanted to publish some of my works. What was funny was the fact that they put how much the cup was worth after telling me I'd won, which I thought was a little weird. Sort of like, yea you've won a cup, and its worth X amount, ''yea that will get him interested''. Thats what It made me think anyway, Then they said if I wanted the cup, I would have to fly to Orlando to recieve it with a discount on the flight and hotels. But the amount I still had to pay still seemed pretty huge. So yea, I said that I wouldn't be able to goto Orlando, But I would like it if they could Send me the cup for free, as they already said I had won it for the poem I had submitted. I didn't get a reply from them. I guess you get nothing for nothing these days.
    test
  14. 6th_plague

6th_plague More then meets the eye

You have to take into account what Prolix says goes... Everyone else is stupid, Prolix is a straight up genius, prolix is a dope poet, a dope rapper, and is above anyone who does text... his opinions in hip hop are the only viable ones... even if he onlys knows 4 rappers...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.