Anyone Seen C Rayz Live?

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by React360, Oct 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. React360

React360 I Eat Breffis.

I saw C Rayz live with Reakwon, and at first I didnt understand what was going on. He had really odd stage prescence, then as the show when on I got used to it. He did an accapella freestyle without the mic which was really dope, he said somethin about "I'll be back like Arnold, but dont vote on it" anyways off the hook I was just wondering if anyone else had seen him.
    test
  2. Kontrast*AK

Kontrast*AK VisuaLies Designs

yea ive seen him a ton of times, dope ass performer - one of the best ive seen... im goin to see him again in like 2 weeks too actually, with raekwon also
    test
  3. CypherA

CypherA Member

Yeah, that Raekwon, Black Moon, C Rayz show was here on Monday but I missed it. But I seen C Rayz a few weeks ago and the crowd wasn't really feeling him. I know he's got dope lyrics, but it just seemed like the crowd wasn't catching them or something. Each time he dropped a punchline he looked out like the crowd was about to burst into laughter, but we didn't and he just shook his head. He seemed kinda mad and shit, so he and El-P started throwing make believe grenades into the crowd when they left the stage. A dope emcee fo' sho doe.
    test
  4. alexis

alexis MCB Moderator

I went to a in-store expecting to see him do some live shit but the store didn't have a sound system and no one really showed up. So I talk to him for a bit and he ends up spittin an acapella freestyle for me and my homies. Hes a cool cat and was tellin me the dopest battle hes been in was with Many Styles... If anyone has this on video, post it!
    test
  5. PASTOR DROID

PASTOR DROID New Member

I seen him w/ Rae and nobody was feelin' his shit at all. His performance was str8 boring to me. And then he got mad at the crowd 'cuz they weren't givin' any type of reaction. At the end of the show I was like "yo, man it's all good tho' don't trip".... and this ûûûûû would't shake my hand or give me dap. He was just on hurt mode or somethin'. Here I am givin' him props even tho it was hella sub-par and his hype-man had some shiverin' problem on the back vocal tip. Guess he was just mad or sumtin'.
    test
  6. Amen Iz Gully

Amen Iz Gully Abnormal Gulliness

I seen him at the Ground Original show at SOB's earlier this year, and he ripped it in like a 2 minute set. He had the ûûûûûs turn off the lights cuz "none of these ûûûûûs can see" him and shit. it was hot.
    test
  7. QElizabeth

QElizabeth ahhh shaddup

I saw him maybe a year ago @ the Knitting...with Can Ox...if I remember correctly...w/Stronghold at the Lion's Den...
    Very good shows nevertheless.
    test
  8. UnwaverinHonesT

UnwaverinHonesT God's Favorite

He opened up for Mobb Deep at BB Kings along with SA Smash. His peoples gotta hook him up with better shows because the majority of the crowd didn't know who the hell he was. His promoters don't know his audience at all, it seems. In any case, he has stage presence but his performances are .... a little out of the ordinary so people didn't know what to think.
    test
  9. React360

React360 I Eat Breffis.

I agree with that ^ although Reakwon and C-Rayz are both dope, they do not fall in the same fan basis. I think C-Rayz would be better off with like CanOx or Copywrite.
    test
  10. Kontrast*AK

Kontrast*AK VisuaLies Designs

-----^ its also about expanding your fanbase, not just doin shows with artists who you probably already share a fanbase with...

reason why a lot of people at the raekwon shows werent really into his shit is cause they probably never even heard of him before let know his music...

a lot more people know who raekwon is than cannibal ox or copywrite, so of course at underground shows more people will know c-rayz and know his shit and be more into it... i know a lot of people going to the raekwon show who never heard of c-rayz or dont listen to underground, yet they're going just cause its raekwon from wu-tang

...so i think its actually a good thing hes expanding who he does shows with, cause it gives more people a chance to find out about him
    test
  11. DoC

DoC New Member

I did 2 shows with C Rayz Last year and to me he's a true character. C rayz is what you get when you put ODB and Chris Tucker in one. We got footage of a cypher that took place in NY.. It was like 10 muthafuckas.. Presence, me, Prime, Pugslee Atoms, Buildin Block (word a mouth), Pumpkinhead, Immortal Technique, C Rayz Walz, breez evahflowin, mr metaphor, packfm .. it was crazy. I'll see if I could get it to be uploaded.
    test
  12. Full Clip

Full Clip New Member

He's Dope

C-Rayz is fucken ill as hell so Fuck all you bitch a$$ Ni&&az haten. He already has those fucken weirdo fans cause he's on Def Jux now like the other post said he's expanding his fanbase by getting some real heads to feel it. Plus he's The God Body so he should be builden wit cats like the WU. thats a dope move.

One
    test
  13. React360

React360 I Eat Breffis.

I dont think anyone EVER said he was wack? C Rayz is dope. Also what you see as weird another might see as normal.
    test
  14. THE m AGE

THE m AGE soon

when you're not like everyone else U get flack for it, period. Crayz is well respected by the underground, and hes making steps to larger success. EVERYONE, at one point or another, goes in front of a crowd that either doesnt like them, or doesnt understand . if you havent, that means you are performing for the same dicksucking , head gassing blow-smoke-up-your ass people, who ALWAYS come see your shows and make u think your fucking ill. Let Crays travle, do shows, go in front of people who thinks hes weird , and get boooed off stage, cuz they will remember him, and eventually if he finds his way to bigger and bigger success, teh same people who booed him, in that anonymously aggressive mob mentality, will be the same sheep sucking his dick and copping his album and telling their friends.

much of the NYC underground scene is like that, a bunch of people performing for their fucking highschool graduating class and either not knowing or not admitting that its teh same 75 people coming to see them every damn show.
    test
  15. PASTOR DROID

PASTOR DROID New Member

^^^
    true dat. It's a similar situation out in Cali...
    C Rayz is cool at points. He can be a little stupid but that's all good tho. I'll never hate a man for tryin' to be different and get his paper as well.
    test
  16. React360

React360 I Eat Breffis.

Stupid, your an idiot. Lets see your written then see who you call stupid.....
    test
  17. thousand words

thousand words IF YOUR MOTHER ONLY BLEW

he mad ill live
    test
  18. PASTOR DROID

PASTOR DROID New Member

By sayin' stupid I meant goofy.
    Like for instance he says on Blowout's mixtape....
    "I don't give a fuck- I don't care dukes, plus I'm goin bald...I'm not tryinna hair you."

Man I hope that if any of yall who got a problem w/ an opinion of mine, say that shit to my face when you see me on stage or in the crowd. You wanna see my writtens!!! You got jokes ûûûûûh!
    I been listenin' to C Rayz since probbly '97-'98. I never said he was str8 whack, stupid.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.