Anyone Playing the new BioShock?

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by LungZzZ, Mar 28, 2013.

1. LungZzZ

LungZzZ Well-Known Member

I'm interested in this one as it is being labeled innovative for the FPS series,
    and looks to have a landscape I'm more friendly to spend hours in.

Anyone have anything to say (PLEASE SPOILER FREE)
    that you'd think would sell the game to a potential buyer?
    test
  2. BEEF Z

BEEF Z New Member

Good Story
    Good gameplay
    Good characters
    Good graphics
    Etc.
    Etc.
    test
  3. HANNAHMONTANA

HANNAHMONTANA New Member

wouldnt buy it if i didnt have a fairly large emotional investment in both system shock games and bioshock 1. the formula's age is showing, as is the demand to pander shit to be more mainstream.

heres the good parts:

still good atmosphere

audio files are still there and deliver amazing characterization and lore, but are less frequent.

villain is detestable and elizabeth grows on you

music is ASTOUNDING. i heard a ww2-era jazz spin of tainted love in game. it was awesome.

game looks absolutely gorgeous, even on my old PC with everything on low it looks great and has good fps.

and the tone is genius. it's a bunch of people living in a city in the sky and they're all incredibly racist as if it really is the ww2 era.

"yesterday, an ORIENTAL walked up to me and asked me the time. just like that. can you believe it?"
    "they're out of control. you know, there should be a law"
    "i think there is.."

the bad parts:

there's a completely unexplainable SHIELD mechanic that depletes when you take damage before your health and it automatically regenerates after not taking damage for 3 seconds.

can only hold 2 guns now and 80% of the arsenal is shit. pistol, handcannon and sniper rifle take you through the entire game. there's auto-aim enabled automatically and even if it wasn't, most enemies stay still waiting to be headshotted. headshots are one-hit kills and minibosses are two or three-hit kills. for bosses, apply plasmid (crow power + 3 headshots) to defeat.

plasmids (now named vigors) are shit, boring and uninspired. every single power has a "use" function (use power) and a "hold to use" function (set power as a trap on the ground). this sounds good in theory but it just makes every power feel the same while representing a different element. use fire on the crow enenmies to stun them, use crow on the fire enemies to stun them, use electricity on the robot enemies to stun them... come on. this is BORING gameplay.

even if plasmids werent shit, mana (salt) is an extremely volatile resource that takes 2 casts of the only useful power to completely deplete. this is only compensated with the fact that..

the difficulty is a joke. i picked 'hard' off the map and every single enemy vomits money, health, food and salt. and even in the event that it didn't, elizabeth will help you during combat ALWAYS every 30 seconds by giving you ammo, health or mana. if you arent fighting, she just throws you money every time you're in a new area.

even if that wasn't the case, these things are abundant in every single new room you walk into. theres always coffee or alcohol or food or some med kits that elizabeth can pull out of her ass at any moment.

and even if THAT wasnt teh fucking case theres these FUCKING vending machines that are scattered non-sensically throughout the entire game world which supplement an unlimited amount of health, salt and ammo for a laughable price relative to what you would find in one room.

story is completely all over the place, the many plot holes left after the game's conclusion are either tallied up to contributing to the game's main plot device (wont spoil it) or are just simply left unanswered.

the main method(s) of travel are never utilized to feel fun. they are just vessels to serve as bridges between point a and point b.

no rpg elements either, there's one mechanic where you find flasks in the overworld and you can either increase your shield capacity, your health capacity or salt capacity.

no puzzles, not a lot of easter-eggs and above all else, it's a fucking console game. i have to take my hand off WSAD or my mouse to hit "enter" sometimes. WHAT THE FUCK?
    test
  4. Superman70

Superman70 edited

it has the best reviews of any game ive seen in a long time.

personally i just ordered the first 2 bioshocks, havent even played them yet
    test
  5. LungZzZ

First two posts make me want to buy the game though Montanna listed a lot of cons.
    test
  6. DefKnotEmo

DefKnotEmo G.R.G.

Want to play but too broke
    test
  7. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

Really want to but I get bad motion sickness from FPSs. I do have a supply of melatonin for sleeping and apparently that helps for motion sickness. I HAVE to try this game.
    test
  8. NaSh

NaSh o_

Game is awesome. I don't know anyone who hasn't loved it.

Sent by a Carrier Pigeon called Geoff
    test
  9. Pyronoa Zoro

Pyronoa Zoro Demon Cutter

Having played and thoroughly enjoyed both games(the overall story was more than enough to counter any drawbacks to the games.), i'm invested enough to continue the series, just haven't gotten around to it.

every critic that i look at has praised the game, even the more harsh ones, but hannahmontana's bad points are worrisome.
    test
  10. NaSh

NaSh o_

I didn't think any of those points spoiled the game at all

test
  11. LungZzZ

I agree with Na$h,
    THOUGH some of the Cons I even like.
    I plan on buying this game tomorrow if I don't get too drunk today.
    test
  12. kevins161

kevins161 New Member

Infinite is awesome, especially the ending
    test
  13. NaSh

NaSh o_

Ending was woowwwwwww

test
  14. LungZzZ

Yeah man, that climax with the finger fucked me up,
    but the ending just destroyed me.
    Never been kicked in the nuts by a Videogame b4,
    sick story. Probably one of the best in a videogame.
    test
  15. LungZzZ

Interested on your take of the ending, and the questions left unanswered now that I have completed Infinite :) !
    test