Anyone on here like Demon Souls?

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by DefKnotEmo, Jan 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. antilluminati

antilluminati Well-Known Member

I have beat the game. Look up on the net, people playing both always say Dark Souls is harder. And it has the best atmosphere of any game Ive played, 9,5/10 for me
    test
  2. HANNAHMONTANA

HANNAHMONTANA New Member

the problem with skyrim's difficulty is that its based on a meter that just increases variables like resist, damage and hp when you move it up or down. if you started playing skyrim on the hardest difficulty then you'd quickly realize that the first fight with a frost troll is impossible without exploiting menu combat. it's stupid and the devs put literally no thought into it. all it is is a variable multiplier.
    test
  3. antilluminati

Dark Souls is harder.
    test
  4. HANNAHMONTANA

HANNAHMONTANA New Member

good thing you know how to read
    test
  5. DefKnotEmo

DefKnotEmo G.R.G.

Ive only beat the first demon in demon souls
    test
  6. POSH MVK

POSH MVK New Member

i cant get into, i need help.....yea im soft lol
    test
  7. MenaceRecords

MenaceRecords Dōpu

come on dont be a pussy its not that hard... people grossly exaggerate when talking about this game in particular
    test
  8. coke face

coke face New Member

Nah. They're pretty hard. You're crazy.
    test
  9. antilluminati

I spent hoooours on youtube and wikisouls. Dont kill people you dont have to kill, read up on npc's and make sure you get a.Drake sword in the beginning. Black knight sword or Zweihander and upgrade to lightning weapon at some point after. Get aiight balanced armour. Build a pyromancer build and upgrade the flame a lot. Also, get the seal for the forest door and google the farming trick. ;)
    test
  10. coke face

coke face New Member

Good looks on wikisouls. Second guessing starting this because I'm terrible at games..
    test
  11. fboogie

fboogie New Member

do i need to play the first one first?
    test
  12. coke face

coke face New Member

Nah I don't think its an actual sequal
    test
  13. POSH MVK

POSH MVK New Member

Read up on wikisouls if you want to have any chance at all getting past some of the first few bosses. Again, not a game for pussies lol
    test
  14. antilluminati

Seems complex, but youll inevitably get into it and it will become your life mission after a while. Dont kill people you dont have to kill, which means, put your weapons away when ure with people you dont wanna kill. You can roll to destroy barrels surrounding them.. might seem trivial but lol.. its not.

I played it without a clue and spent 20 hours or so in undead burg, trying to kill the taurus demon. Then religiously used wikisouls and read that shit like I was trying to pass an exam, loadsa weapon and armour guides on youtube as well. I only used the farming trick in the forest after using the seal of astoria or what it was called, very helpful in upgrading armour and weapons.

Starting gift is THE KEY! Start as PYROMANCER.

Youtube starting tips, upgrading flask, getting some nice armour and shit.

Go up! Undead burg, undead parish, forest, save up 20k for the crest from Andre the first blacksmith. Dont use your upgrades on early armour, but upgrade a nice weapon to magic at his, then enchanted just below where you started.

Recommended weapons

first, youtube how to get drake sword, great help in the beginning.
    then
    Black Knight Sword
    Claymore
    Halberd, I ascended into magic, then enchanted, great stuff.

Astoras greatsword is essential for later in the game and must be ascended into greatswort of artorias, dont think too much about it until later.
    Zweihander! Make it a lightning one when you are able to, not until Anor Londo.
    Queelag furysword is later, I made it fire.
    Katanas are cool.

PYROMANCY FLAME! When upgraded fully its a monster.
    I also used magic for shooting, but its not as awesome, never used miracles. You cant spend upgrade on all.

Armours

Look for when you need resistances for poison and curse, you dont wanna be cursed!

Hollow armour is good for starters

I loved Havels armour, antiquated or bloodsoaked skirts, moderate leggings and heavy gloves, balanced with havels ring. Otherwise choose medium stuff. I often ran naked to save time lol.

Shields

Hollow soldier first
    Sunlight
    Black Knight
    Crest
    Dragon Crest
    Grass Crest

RINGS ARE YOUR FRIENDS! Havels ring is awesome. Cloranthy, Wolf, Rusted Iron (a must), Both covetous rings are extremely helpful, evil eye, all good rings. Dont need tiny beings.
    test
  15. antilluminati

Ps. You#ll fucking love the controls on this game when its in your blood.
    test
  16. antilluminati

Also, strength, dexterity, attunement up to four slots and endurance is the most important. youll need faith just enough to wield greatsword of artorias, and I dont care about resistance health that much. It wont help you as much as you think. If you must, put couple points on vitality instead of resistance, I dont think I put any hehe, use armour cleverly instead, and get yourself shit to cure poison with by the forest by killing treefucks or heal by using loads of flask and boosting bonfires whilst farming.

Strength plus dex is what you need to wield weapons, and you get better at it with more points.
    test
  17. coke face

coke face New Member

goin ham with the protips
    test
  18. DefKnotEmo

DefKnotEmo G.R.G.

I stopped playing after I made this thread tbh
    test
  19. coke face

coke face New Member

I installed Dark Souls on my pc and it looks like shit tbh
    test
  20. antilluminati

See it this way, if you fail to complete it you fail as a man and a gamer hehe

Oh, and I don't see how I'd enjoy it with anything else but an xbox controller :p
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.