Anyone on here into spiritualism?

Discussion in 'Audio Emcee Hook Ups' started by Deep Abyss, Dec 4, 2013.

1. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

"The product of consciousness" is also all psychopathology, all the crank and dementia, including religions, that people are able to come up with. This argument holds even if we're not (yet) able to pinpoint exactly what is consciousness (and we know that it's the product of highly developed organic matter of the brain).

To say that science justifies belief/creation in any form is crying stupidity. Science justifies a rational, scientific view of the world - materialist monism. In this context, there is no room for any religion/superstition/spirituality..
    test
  2. k.s.

k.s. .

It sounds like you have all the answers.
    Science can not dismiss spirituality until it can prove consciousness ceases to exist after death.
    That means, we may never know.
    test
  3. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

(again) Spirituality has 0 to do with science.
    test
  4. k.s.

k.s. .

And... this thread is about spiritualism.

You're in here trying to discredit those who are spiritual but can not prove anything yourself.
    test
  5. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

It's not up to me to prove anything - burden of proof falls on those making a claim of spirituality existing.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  6. k.s.

k.s. .

Right.
    You can believe whatever you want, that's fine.
    Most people are pretty closed-minded when it comes to these things and that's fine.
    Carry on.
    test
  7. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Pretty sure "most people" fall under believing in spirituality or consider themselves to be uber spiritual.
    test
  8. quotive

quotive 3

shrooms made me throw up like no other

#coolweusehashtagsonRMnow,fuckadat
    test
  9. k.s.

k.s. .

I'm not "uber spiritual".
    I'm open to spirituality being disproven.
    It's just science has yet to do that.
    Science has not proven how life & DNA was formed or if consciousness is strictly a by-product of the brain.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  10. k.s.

k.s. .

Yeah they are gross.
    I never do them with food in my stomach.
    I usually take em around noon without a breakfast.
    I don't even eat them. I brew a tea, which extracts the psilocybin, and drink it.
    test
  11. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Just a quick acknowledgement - will tend to this when rested; suffice it to say I agree.. :)
    test
  12. quotive

quotive 3

i had a semi-bad trip. lol, i just wanted it to be fucking over.
    test
  13. k.s.

k.s. .

Yeah, that can happen.
    It's all about the environment you're in, the people you are around, and the mind state you are in.
    If there's negativity in any of those aspects that are bugging you, the experience can take a left turn and throw you in a loop of bad thoughts.
    But when you do it in the right place around the right people with the right mind set... it is by far the MOST BEAUTIFUL feeling I have ever experienced.
    It brings me clarity about my life and feelings like I've never had.
    Sometimes it shows me what is wrong with my life; maybe my attitude towards someone or my unproductiveness in life or something. This is an uncomfortable feeling during the trip but it helps me understand what I need to fix in my life. When you have these bad feelings, you have to let go and accept that you have some changes to do to fix these issues. It's very therapeutic for me.

But then again, it only works for those who are open minded and are willing to accept new ideas about.... anything, really.

My favorite things to do on shrooms is take a hike through a lucious green forrest, woods, or mountain.
    Or sit on a beach that isn't crowded and watch the waters while playing in the sand.
    It sounds fucking retarded sometimes but I swear.. it's magical. I swear on my child's life it is lol.
    The clouds are mind blowing to look at.

I can on forever about shrooms. Call me a shroomhead/druggy/whatever, I dont give a fuck.
    You guys are missing out on real magic lol.
    test
  14. quotive

quotive 3

dope. i wish i could get into that sh!t like you, man. sounds amazing when done right.

where the FUCK are your beat's man? post up some new sh!t quick.
    test
  15. k.s.

k.s. .

I know man, I just moved recently so I been hella busy.
    I'ma get my set up going again soon I promise.
    test
  16. SirSpanksAlot

SirSpanksAlot Well-Known Member

Yall don't pay Gal no mind.

sent from the land of free tapatalk
    test
  17. Noodles

Noodles The People's Champion

I do. I also agree that Joe Rogan is "off the deep end". He's a sensationalist for his own gain of fame and fortune. Can't blame him, but he is not the man to take spiritual advice from, he is simply an avid psychedelic drug user. The things I've heard come out of his mouth are cringeworthy at times.

I take Mushrooms and LSD, both responsibly. Joe Rogan might have everyone on Earth doing psychedelics which is extremely dangerous advice. They are not for everyone, and certainly not for anyone who isn't very certifiably secure psychologically and emotionally.

It's tough to find any one person responsible enough to take this sort of advice from, as so many of these LSD proponents are highly opinionated revolutionary minded people like Joe Rogan more bent on "waking up the masses" than speaking to an individual about a very personal thing.

I would suggest you combine (and add your own discretion) the literature of:

Timothy Leary
    (Phd Psychology - LSD advocate, Youth Culture Revolutionary, the Frank Zappa of LSD),
    Richard Alpert (aka Ram Dass, Businessman turned Hindu Guru after 300+ LSD trips - no longer a user of the drug after an experience with the famous Guru Maharaji),
    Alan Watts (took LSD once as a Christian Minister, "got the message and hung up the phone" was spiritually awakened as a Zen Buddhist and never used the drug again),
    Aldous Huxley (who I'm not into at all - The Doors of Perception details Mescaline trips),
    Terence McKenna (very much "off the deep end" ethnobotanist believer that Mushrooms and Ayahuasca (DMT) are the keys to meeting god - "entheogens" substances that get you closer to god. Has brilliant literature and studies about Shamans and Shamanic culture, though they are biased)
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  18. Twamp

Twamp proper weaponry

for somebody as "educated" as you are, you sure come across stupid as hell sometimes.
    test
  19. Noodles

Noodles The People's Champion

Furthermore... the "burden of proof" does not fall on spiritual people to prove to unspiritiual people anything. That's rhetoric designed to disenfranchise spiritual people.

Scientists have agreed in overwhelming numbers that "a form of conciousness exists" and that they do not know if it exists "within the mind, isolated", "outside the mind, isolated", or "outside the mind, shared". This is MIT level Neurophysics. You can take their course on Conciousness for free online as part of a growing free educational program they have started. I "sat in on this class" and many scientists (hard sciences, physics) favor the "Global Workgroup" theory (outside, shared) to the "Biological" (inside, isolated) and "Higher Order" (outside, isolated) theories.
    • +Rep +Rep x 3
    test
  20. k.s.

k.s. .

I did not know there was a free MIT online course for consciousness.
    I'ma get on that asap.

edit: found it lol
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test