anyone not understand the trinity?

Discussion in 'IntroSpectrum' started by TheBigPayback, Nov 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

at all?
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  2. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

can't say i get it, to be honest, and i've been wanting a good explanation for this for a while

here's my understanding

they're 3, yet they're one

father, son, and holy spirit

father would be the omnipotent 'god' figure that the jews originally worshiped

son would be his physical human incarnation of god, jesus christ. his body is human yet his soul is god. but he's referred to as god's son.

then the holy spirit... which i only know from prayers and have no idea what function this concept actually serves

i just don't get this concept of 3 in 1. it seems like polytheism reinvented to me.
    test
  3. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

i don't see a difference between the three deities and the many deities that the hindus have set up, considering they all "represent god".

god is one, and has no relation to any human except being their creator ...

[turn] ...
    test
  4. TheBigPayback

the first 2 your correct The holy spirit is a soul person that represents here God here on earth. The tingling feeling u get when u hear the truth is the holy spirit convicting your heart. When God or Jesus talk spefically to you thru scripture, feeling, or consciounce thats the holy spirit. In gen 1:4ish it said and Gods spirit hovered over the waters basicly reporting "it was good".
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  5. TheBigPayback

The holy spirit will convict your heart, warn u of pending danger or situations that may be shady. Hes a feeling as well. Yet has an quite audible voice. U have to really persue to know and quite ur soul cus the devil will try and talk to you as well. Now hes loud, distracting. They both have acess to ur mind because the battle of the minds is going on now.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  6. TheBigPayback

As far as the original topic you can look at the holy triune The God Head, Jesus, and holy spirit. When jesus died he told the diciples hes sending a helper. Meaning the holy spirit, he relays message from God into your heart. Anyway u can look at the tri part entity as say the sun... 1part) Its a shape 2) Is the light and 3) is the heat you get 3 parts from one object ..........thants the jest of te triune hope that helps
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  7. TheBigPayback

he created us to have a relationship. The ones that overcome life have the anticipation to be sons of god as adam was. He wanted a family he wanted friends. He liked talking with adam in eden. That brought God joy.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  8. TheBigPayback

But to finish up the trinity thing even us as humans have 3 parts 1) body, which will eventially go back to the earth 2) the soul which is in your body the part that makes you you 3) spirit, which is located in your heart and is that part we are trying save. Thats the human trinity. Even the devil has atrinity.theres significance in 3
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  9. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

who cares about the trinity let's talk about the historicity of jesus....

what do you think about the historicity of jesus?
    test
  10. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

when you're done replying with your thoughts on the historicity of jesus read my question below.
    test
  11. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

Why do you always respond to Nu's questions by saying random things that have nothing to do with his question?
    test
  12. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

Both of their understandings are harshly limited, but The Big Payback although leaving much to be desired did touch on the role of the Holy Spirit convicting a people of their guilt/relaying a message, etc. Of course, he completely confused what the Godhead is supposed to be, mistakenly attributing that title to God the Father. The Godhead is basically the make up of the Trinity. It's abstract.

I don't know why he says that the Holy Spirit has an audible voice, and the devil as well. Maybe TheBigPayback hears voices and believes it's God/Satan talking to him. I've never heard such voices.

For some, the concept of the Trinity is hard to believe because it appears quite fantastical, but it's really a straightforward understanding. People might say it isn't straightforward because they don't believe such a thing is possible, but there are people who would say the same thing about the concept of God bar none.

What we have in the Trinity is three distinct Persons representing the Godhead. In the beginning the Spirit moved over the waters, our Father who created all things through Jesus Christ, and Christ the Son of God who was immaculately conceived by God and born in the flesh through Mary. Each of these are God, and they are each equally God and all indwelling in each other. Because of this, they do not make decisions without consulting with one another. I am. The Holy Trinity is not a doctrine of three gods, but one God.

No one gains salvation but through Christ, through believing on him, and no one might know Christ but through direct counsel from the Holy Spirit convicting them of guilt for their acts of sin, and no one can be forgiven for their sins without the act of repenting which requires praying to the Father in Jesus' name.
    test
  13. TheBigPayback

The holy spirit has an audiable voice. If God himself were to speak to u itd straight kill you almost. Remember when he spoke to moses on the mt. And the people thought it was thunder. Jesus however they say has a voice like a rushing river. Its too much were too delicate. Therefore the holy spirit takes from god and gives it to you very soft an calmly.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  14. TheBigPayback

its because its not 3 diff Gods its one God with 3 parts. I was trying to answer your question by explaining the parts at first. Yet its really just diff attributes to one thing. Jesus said if youve seen me youve seen the father. So hes not seperate just a representation of god in human form. And the HS is God spirit form.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  15. TheBigPayback

idg what u mean "histoicity"? In what sense.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  16. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

I was merely driving the thread off topic.

You obviously can't make a valid argument to any questions I could ask you concerning the existence of Jesus Christ.
    test
  17. TheBigPayback

ask an then acess
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  18. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

so when you say the concept is abstract, do you mean the personhood attributed to each of the three figures in the 'godhead' are metaphorical? certainly jesus and god existed distinct from one another, since jesus himself prayed to god in the bible. was jesus just thinking in his own head when he talked to god? are we all just thinking in our own heads when we talk to god?
    test
  19. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

I'm saying that the Godhead is abstract. The three figures in it are distinct, and each have distinctive qualities. It's not metaphor.

I really should continue, to state that they are one Being, sharing the same essence, and indivisible in essence.
    test
  20. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

I also forgot what I was going to mention regarding what you said about Jesus praying to God in the Bible.

Jesus, the Son, prayed to the Father just as he instructs us to. There is only one instance in the Bible where Jesus referred to "God." This was when he was on the cross;

Mat 27:46 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is, My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?

Jesus lived a life on earth, being both fully man and fully God. Here we see that he only ever refers to God forsaking him on the cross. All his prayers were directed to the Father, who is distinct from himself the Son, and distinct from the Holy Spirit.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.