Anyone keep a journal?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by ThisMiss, Jan 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThisMiss

ThisMiss Guest

Of what you eat, of course.

I do, well actually I use sparkpeople.com and I think it's awesome, it's this free site where you can keep track of what you eat, keep track of when you exercise, and pretty much any other goals you want to set for yourself, it helps me stay on track. Alright, just thought I'd share my wonderful discovery =)
    test
  2. LiveFromThe781

LiveFromThe781 Don Of The Den

no, i used to when i was trying to cut. i do log my gym sessions though.

and i have to say, lately ive been disapointed with both the amount of food ive been consuming and my performance at the gym.
    test
  3. ThisMiss

ThisMiss Guest

well maybe you should start recording it all again just to get back on track =)
    test
  4. LiveFromThe781

LiveFromThe781 Don Of The Den

i just need to make an effort to eat much more and stop putting it off for dumb stuff. or i just need to keep some kind of food withen arms reach at all times.

its one thing getting up to 200, its another game getting past it.
    test
  5. Ben Official

Ben Official Active Member

yeah its really important to do that, i dont do it personally my trainer/coach does it but its really essential if you want to be accurate and efficient
    test
  6. Tacit

Tacit Devourer of Funny

Started recently just to see what changes I need to make to the diet and what I need to add.

Once it's right I'll probably stop and just eat the same thing most days.
    test
  7. Gorilla Nasty

Gorilla Nasty I'm lame TBH

Nah, not really. I just make sure to eat healthy, as often as possible. The other thing I do is try to get in exercise as often as possible. I'm either running, lifting, stretching, working out, swimming etc. For example, I'll do my chest workout and then the next day, before anything I do about 9 sets of chest exercises with the bands, then stretch my chest out good. Then I'll walk on a treadmill for 5 minutes and jump rope for 1o minutes before I stretch the body part I'm actually working. Then the work out.

That's just for pre-workout. When the weather permits and I'm in a groove, I'm running twice a day and lifting so long as my legs aren't sore. If my legs are, I'll swim. I'm trying to be active and just wear myself out so that way I sleep like a rock.
    That requires lots of food though, which I do have to eat. But I figure I'd rather error on the side of not having enough calories by a little. In my experiences, so long as you eat strict, you don't really have to worry about eating too much.
    test
  8. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

Though I probably should, I don't. I can keep pretty good track of how many calories I've consumed throughout the day as there are a lot of foods which are staples in my diet and I know their caloric content and macro breakdown.
    test
  9. supacilious

supacilious master of ceremonies

when i was on my diet, i used fitday...but, now i will probably just aim for 50g of protein every meal and eat clean carbs or healthy fats each meal...and since im lazy, i just eat the same food everyday...even though i do like to cook and eat...
    test
  10. ThisMiss

ThisMiss Guest

I loooove keeping a journal.... today I saw a long time friend and we went to Ruby Tuesday for lunch.. and I ate a ridiculous amount of calories.... and because I wrote it all down, I had to look at what I ate and look at the amount of calories I ate and it made me feel sooooooooooo awful that I worked my ass off at the gym. And now I feel so much better. Yaaaaay =)
    test
  11. LeKCheR

LeKCheR Active Member

test
  12. IBRICHGRLY

IBRICHGRLY POSION IVY

No...but I Do Log What I Do Throughout The Day Far As Exercises...
    test
  13. IBRICHGRLY

IBRICHGRLY POSION IVY

CHECKED IT OUT..PRETTY COOL..THANKS..i actaully signed up..thanks so much
    test
  14. absolute zero

absolute zero Among the living

The only thing I keep track of is like, photos. I take pictures of myself like once every week or two weeks to mark progress and weak areas.
    test
  15. Gorilla Nasty

Gorilla Nasty I'm lame TBH

You should also take measurements once in a while.
    test
  16. -GZ-

-GZ- Posts Unfunny Pics

not just of your dick either

and no...i really should keep a journal
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.