Anyone into motorcycles here? Or have one?

Discussion in 'Car & Audio' started by swif, Apr 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swif

swif In a meeting with ya girl

Ive been thinking about getting one lately but i dont know much about them so im looking into them now debating on what to get model wise and all Maybe start off with a 600. Anyone here have one?
    test
  2. Ed E Brock

Ed E Brock RM's version of this guy

I'll be getting a 600 soon.... after the wedding.

That's a good starter bike.

CBR is what I'm going with.

[​IMG]

Boner!
    test
  3. swif

that shit is nice, for me im going more looks than power right now haha not trying to kill myself i wanna get a suzukia gsx r 1300 within the next yr or 2 though
    test
  4. Tigre

Tigre Ax Me About Ebonics

Honestly most ppl that are experience riders would say start with something like a suzuki SV650.. it is a great starter bike. Although if you are responsible and know your limits..than maybe a 600 isn't a bad first bike. I recommend for most not to go for a 600 for a first bike.

Make sure to go to the shop. Some places don't like you sitting on their bikes, but go tell the to go fuck themselves and sit on the damn bikes. Once you do that, see what feels good. I didn't care for CBR's, but that is just me. I like the Yamaha's and the Suzuki's better. How tall are you? And have you EVER ridden a bike before? Why do you want a bike? Do you have enough for accessories? I mean there is a lot of shit to think about. Have you found out the insurance and ish like that. Since you seem to be a beginner, I would recommend you taking the MSF course cause it truely helps set a good foundation for any rider. Also, taking this course gives you an insurance reduction.

I got a R6, and it is modified which is nothing new coming from me. I want to get an MV Agusta F4, or a Ducati 999.... I am trying to get one by this winter. If not, I might look into getting an R1, but I really want something more for the track.

Here is a pic of the Agusta
    [​IMG]

Oh yeha the most imporatant information you will most likely hear a lot.. if you get a bike.. YOU WILL FALL. As long as you know this, you will be fine. Everybody falls, just hope it is at a standstill situation, and not a rolling one.
    test
  5. Tigre

Here is another pic of the one I am looking for:

[​IMG]
    test
  6. swif

damn that shit is fucking sick man damn, yea im looking into the MSF course im like 5'10, im looking into a 600 either a yamaha or a suzuki, the honda cbr is ight, i mean for me moneys not really a problem with this, my tsgt got me into bikes man, im in the air force, ive always been into bikes but until recently i really havent had the money to get into them like i wanted to. Honestly i dont know much about bikes but im learning lil by lil. i got a few pics ima post in a min of some shit id like to have not to start but soon i would like to have.
    test
  7. swif

this is what i wanna work my way up to

[​IMG]

this is what i might start off with yamaha YZF R1 600

[​IMG]
    test
  8. swif

[​IMG]

exactly how i want my shit to look when im done, kinda pissed though lol just hope i never run into him on his
    test
  9. Tigre

well the yamaha has been extended so he is a drag bike. I really don't like that look because I really don't care about running on the drag strip. So your E6 got you into bikes..funny I know a few that are pretty into bikes, either sports or cruisers.

Yeah bikes are damn fun, just the freedom you have riding one. I have been riding for a while, but still have an R6 although modified. I have been told to upgrade for a while, but really no reason as of yet cause I have had my eyes on the Agusta's and Ducati's and moving away from the so called "common bikes" R1's, Hayabusa's and so forth.

My buddy has a sick Black R1 with red angel eyes... damn agressive bike. The most important thing you want to do is get a bike that feels comfortable to ride. You want to sit on every bike you can. Then of course your helmet and jacket and shit.. it starts getting pricey, but damn the shit is worth it. I have 2 jackets one for everyday riding and is lighter and thinner than my race jacket of course. It is leather with armor. My heavy leather jacket with armor is strickly for the track, well not strickly but you can't wear this jacket around. It is cut forward for sitting on a bike wearas a regular road/sport jacket has normal cut to be worn even after you get off the bike. I mean there is tons of shit, but you will have fun learning the ish on your way. Just respect the bike and you will be amazed how much more you are aware of your surroundings. Also try to ride with ppl that aren't fucking crazy. I have plenty of crazy friends that ride, and of course the adrenaline rush is there, but you have to know your limits of the bike and your skills. Being around the wrong so called "skill" will only put you in a world of pain.
    test
  10. Ed E Brock

yeah dudes... the YZF is my favorite. I've got a little yzf toy i play with haha.

But I hear i'd kill myself if i started on it... so...

I sat on a CBR not too long ago, maybe a year... it was an 03, and i fucking loved it. I'm only 5'11 though, skinny too.

How much does an agusta like that run?... it's sweet.
    test
  11. swif

the agusta is pretty pricey if im not mistake but if you have the money its well worth it, yea im told the r1 might be a lil too much for me to start of with so i might just get something lil to start out with someone suggested a 250 or a 500, im still unsure. I have to make time to take the MSF course after that ill make my decision after visiting a few dealers. man my tsgt is into them shits hard man he works on them and all. Everytime i talk to him, 'you gonna be ready to ride soon?' haha

when is the end of the season? and can you generally get them cheaper around the end and in the off season?
    test
  12. Tigre

Oh yeah.. if you wait for the off seasons dealers are practically dieing to sell one. I bought my r6 around November time frame, and bought if for dirt cheap.

As for teh Agusta, it runs in the same neighborhood as Ducati's. They can easily run you up to about 30k. Which isn't bad since Agusta's are equivalent to Ferrari's IMO, especially since F4 engines were developed by Cagiva Research Center and Ferrari. Agusta's are pretty much like Porsche and Ferrari. You can take it off the show room floor and take it to the track and annihilate 98% of the bikes out there. Agusta's are in a whole new category of it's own, even so from Ducati.
    test
  13. Ed E Brock

You race bikes?

fuuuuck that.
    test
  14. Tigre

Just around the track..hahaha. Fun shit let me tell you. Trust me it was scary as fuck the first time out, especially with full gear on, and you knee armor is touching the track, and one time the ass end was coming around and you literally push up with your knee to bring the back end from coming too far out. The shit all happened in a blink of an eye.
    test
  15. ThugEverlassin

ThugEverlassin Frum Da Streetz'a PB

yeah, no way in hell i'd be doing that.

Is the gear piss proof? lol
    test
  16. swif

when exactly does the off season start and end?
    test
  17. Sprinta_01

Sprinta_01 can't deny the skillz....

it starts up in like march and ends early december (give or take a few weeks depending on the weather trends....I have a 2001 R6 by the way...what year is yours Tigre?
    test
  18. swif

ok thats good around december is when ill be ready to buy
    test
  19. Tigre

And agree.. if you are in the northeast..it ends earlier than december. It all depends on geographical location. Cause in Miami and parts of Cali... hell.. you can ride all yr long.

I love my boy's bike though
    [​IMG]
    test
  20. swif

well, if things go as planned ill be stationed in cali for tech school, i know they have some dope ass bike nights out there
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.