anyone install their amp themselves?

Discussion in 'Car & Audio' started by Warpaint, Aug 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Warpaint

Warpaint What now?

wheres a good place to put it..i want to put it under the seat but it might not have enough room to get proper ventilation

holla
    test
  2. Polar

Polar Rep Levels Are Ghey

Mine is just bolted to the back of my box. Of course my sub is in a little sealed box for quick removal when trunk space is needed..
    test
  3. De'yon

De'yon Hustle Payper On the Beat

I would never ever put my amp under my seat

first off you would lose power runing the speaker wires all the way from the amp under the seat to the trunck....

second the amp being in alower spot in the interior of the car increases the fire hazard.....

everyone hase spilte water or some other liquide in their seat or on the flood of the car at some point in time.........

I mounted mine to the pressboard cover for the spare and ran my wires threw little wholes I poked in the carpet....

also alot of poeple dont know but most professionals dont recomend mount an amp to your sub box....cause it can shake the internals and damage the amp or somthing
    test
  4. Warpaint

Warpaint What now?

i was thinkin of putting it on my spare cover thing...but isnt tht shit too frail?
    test
  5. De'yon

are you just tryna keep your amp out of site or what?

you could seal up spare tire slump amnd mount it in their but....I'd rather have it at an easy acces point for the times you blow a fuse or suttin.....
    test
  6. Warpaint

Warpaint What now?

im not sure where i should put it...yea i want it out of sight too

thanks for the suggestions imma look into them
    test
  7. De'yon

are you just tryna keep your amp out of site or what?

you could seal up spare tire slump amnd mount it in their but....I'd rather have it at an easy acces point for the times you blow a fuse or suttin.....

if you got foling backseats you could mount it to the back of the seat....the amp takes up little space in that spot and it gives you easy access to i by folding the seat...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.