Anyone get offended when...

Discussion in 'Writer's Block' started by 49th Prophet, Nov 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 49th Prophet

49th Prophet Dark Magic Inferno

^^
    I feel ya
    test
  2. MURDERGHOST

MURDERGHOST New Member

i get a lot of criticism on my work..........

people ask me...... how could i think of something like that??....

it don't offend me.......

because they end up telling me its good anyways.......

haha......makes me laugh..... i like it.........

yeah......hahahahaaa..........

sika.....
    test
  3. Surreal The A.D. Prophet

Surreal The A.D. Prophet Wondrous Poetic

i get offended all the time...

but mostly because the replies are useless...

"good pices...didnt like line 5"
    "nice drop...different rythm...but i liked"

etc
    etc
    test
  4. Whynot?

Whynot? Just Shut Up

nah, I dont get offended, I like to know what everyone else thinks, I mean it is from my heart, but if its put into words wrong where no one appreciates it, then i wanna know
    test
  5. mocha_licious

mocha_licious New Member

i dont get offended...its a matter of opinion...hell critique da bitch for all i care...if i didnt want opinions..then why post...just like when u hang art up in a gallery people come and look and choose to or to not buy based on thier opinions of it...i beli to artists in general..opinons matter afterwards but not while they are "creating" their pieces...but thats jus my opinion...
    test
  6. MisterEThoughts

MisterEThoughts MysteryOfUntoldTruth

nah i love it i wish there was more critique i love it i improve with there help...
    test
  7. Psycho69

Psycho69 A Soul Born In Verse

Not really, I respect their opinions and I like getting suggestions and criticism.. shows me what I may lack in and ways I can improve so I can change and become a better writer as I go along and maybe try different techniques.

I can admit that I may get a little upset if I get all negative feedback on something i wrote that may have been a favourite or something really personal to me, but I get over it quickly.. all a matter of opinion. lol.
    test
  8. Anaphora

Anaphora was here

Haha. This is a funny thread...

I agree with Mind~Soul... what bothers me the most is the 'this was cool' comments... which means someone glance at it most likely.

But I've gotten completely ridiculous negative comments before... one time this kid was mad at me for beating him in the RSTL that he said something about how I was 'trying' to use imagery, but didn't, and it was a weird rhythm and shit...

But I would like to state that feelings are feelings, poetry is poetry. The two ae not the same. What starts out as good feelings (not necessarily positive, but powerful perhaps)makes bad poetry most of the time... people don't think about the craft which sounds kinda cheesy, but its true. 99.99% of song lyrics woul not be considered even halfway decent poems... stream of conciousness, abstract, formal schemes... all of these things are not something that you can just toss into a poem to make it experimental, or traditional, and unconditionally good, they are tools to work with.

But yea, as far as the question (sorry for going off on that tangent), nah, not yet at least, not here. I've had some really bad ones at a more serious board, by people who are consistantly horribly negative. good critiques are really hard to come by here, I haven't had one yet... but I'm looking forward to it.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.