Anyone get offended when...

Discussion in 'Writer's Block' started by 49th Prophet, Nov 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 49th Prophet

49th Prophet Dark Magic Inferno

Anyone here get offended by what people say in replies to their threads? If someone says what they dont like about my work I take it constructive so its cool, but Im curious to know what others think.
    test
  2. Deficiency

Deficiency True Poetical Emcee

no i don't get offended.. cuz, who are they to put me down.. when i'm speaking from my heart and being real with myself?
    test
  3. Botox

Botox 3rd Degree Burnz

^tru that. But how can u give a negative reply to a poem? ITs someones feelings. U can dislike it for whatever reason and say that, but rarely do i see ppl ever breakdown what they dont like about it.
    test
  4. lpoet

lpoet POET

nope......i like it
    test
  5. Xero Satsujin

Xero Satsujin OnLy gOd kNoWs oR Goes

Nah, fuck that, I dont get jealous, I just find it to be funny cause there are haters everywhere, and it feels good to get critisized...
    test
  6. Dark_Angel

Dark_Angel Dark_Angel

i like criticism, it helps u progress and work on detail and things like that, if its some stupid person just saying shit for the fun of putting the peice down, i dont mind, there only waisting there time.
    test
  7. allnakey

allnakey Sex is no fun by yourself

I dont know it depends on what they critizie and what piece it may well be.
    test
  8. 49th Prophet

Interesting....

aight besides offended, what about getting mad as well? ever happen?

thanks for the input guys

much love

peace
    test
  9. MisterEThoughts

MisterEThoughts MysteryOfUntoldTruth

xero Nah, fuck that, I dont get jealous, I just find it to be funny cause there are haters everywhere, and it feels good to get critisized...

said it best no doubt i like the critique thats waht makes me grow so wahtever i learn so it's tight the more the better
    test
  10. Xero Satsujin

Lol, thanx MisterEThoughts, as far as getting mad, yeah, I got madd a couple of times, but not at what was said, but as to what was done. The Madd(Gay)Rapper was hittin up all the posts in the realm with the sorriest shit ever to grace the english language, and it was just annoying as hell because he kept doing it, and kept doing it...And that shit pissed me the :( off...
    test
  11. 49th Prophet

whoa whoa whoa whoa....

hold up...

MADDRAPPER spoke english?

I know what ya mean that was pretty aggravating
    test
  12. Scalpel FX

Scalpel FX feel the fx

I hate when people come in and simply say "that's garbage". It might in fact be garbage but it would be nice if they explain their reasoning behind the comment.

So as long as the reader explains why they liked/disliked the poem then I have no problem with that. It helps with improving and thats what I'm looking to achieve.

peace.
    test
  13. Xero Satsujin

^^^You've got a point there too, because alls it requires is a simple explanation sometimes for understanding to come about...

49th, I am not sure if it was english or SWINE, but whatever it was, it was just a disgrace...
    test
  14. DaJackle

DaJackle ThoughtS ProcessinG

yeah i agree with scapel fx, you can only grow from negative criticism if they are explained, but i dont get mad...i take everything into consideration...because everyone have different style, and have many perspective of doing certains things
    test
  15. 49th Prophet

Scalpel FX I agree with you, an explanation to back up words is always good..

DaJackle you are right about everyone having different perspectives on things, that totally slipped my mind...

Xero, I think disgrace is a suitable word...

much love

peace
    test
  16. Mind~$oul

Mind~$oul I'm Pretty

I hate when people say my pieces are "good" when it's really not all that, worser than when somebody say my shit sucks
    test
  17. 49th Prophet

^^
    this brings us back to the whole perspective and opinion thing though, while you may think your work sux, others may like it....But I hear ya..

much love

peace
    test
  18. IvyG

IvyG New Member

to me as long as its constructive critisism and people not just being lame .. I welcome it and will not take offence.. with my graphics background I also got use to getting torn apart publically LOL the other thing to when people are honest you can learn alot.. if the piece really does bite and everyone was like .. oh good job nice piece all happy and such then what are you getting out of it and what are you learning?...

just my $1.49

<3

<3
    test
  19. Xero Satsujin

^^^Good point there, because we learn through trial and error just as we do from pain...

And Mind Soul, ya shits always be poppin off man, so I dont know what the hell you talkin about, lol...You the only cat in the realm that can go a whole week without replyin to your own work and it'll stay on the front page...Even when there is a rush of new blood...But that's just because ya shit is tight like that...
    test
  20. 6ftground

6ftground BLACKACE/GRIMREADER

naaa.it helps me write a little better..i'm up in the rap realms mostly so constructive critts com with little influence... I like for some one to say what I should have done/did....you feel me..
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.