Anyone ever work with a BR 1600?

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by Taj Mahal, Jun 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taj Mahal

Taj Mahal New Member

test
  2. Mr. ROUSH

Mr. ROUSH WWW.SOUNDCLICK.COM/ROUSH

This is a pretty nice piece of gear.. however.. I wouldn't use one.. I wouldn't simply because it's only 16 channels.. you're going to want more flexibility than that.. It's also a lot more difficult and way less efficient/effective to mix with a digital recorder.. since there isn't graphic representation of the sequence of tracks it takes much longer to queue up effects where you want them, and it's a timely process to move things around in time etc.. not that you cant become good at using it of course, you could become very fast.. It's just why do it the hard way? You're much better off with a DAW.. more tracks, more effects and variety of each effect.. more everything.. easier everything.. way more value for your dollar and you'll be way more productive with say.. protools.. logic.. cubase.. audition.. etc.. I don't know why anyone would still prefer this method of recording unless they are just used to it.
    test
  3. Taj Mahal

Taj Mahal New Member

thanks for the feedback.

The main reason I was wanting it was to upgrade my sound quality. Ive been recording by computer for too long. Qualitys lacking and I didnt want to go the new soundcard route.

Would you recommend something more like this?

Tascam 2488neo User Reviews - zZounds.com
    test
  4. Mr. ROUSH

Mr. ROUSH WWW.SOUNDCLICK.COM/ROUSH

well... if you had your mind made up that you difinitely want to go that route, then I think the Tascam would certainly be a better choice.. it has a graphic display which seems to be pretty comprehensive, so that would be nice to have.. 24 tracks is still a pretty small stack.. I guarantee you you're going to find yourself printing vocal stems to free up tracks... if it's quality you want, you can get great quality with this method, but you're so limited by the track count and also the effects.. for example.. there is 1 dedicated compressor on the stereo bus.. it's probably a nice one.. but the key is that you're going to want variety.. every compressor has a unique sonic character to it.. you can get equal and better quality through a computer.. If I were you I would still consider upgrading your interface rather than going to the digital recorder.. I guarantee you it will curb your creativity very quick if you have never used one before.. it takes a lot time to become comfortable with using a device like that... Best of luck to you.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.