Anyone else write when....

Discussion in 'Writer's Block' started by 49th Prophet, Aug 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 49th Prophet

49th Prophet Dark Magic Inferno

Is it just me or does anyone else write some of their most creative work when on the brink of insomnia? I know that when Im hella tired Im able to freestyle some messed up metaphors...as some of you already know....but is that being creative or is just that Im so tired it turns out that way? Anyone else write good shit when super tired?
    test
  2. da_after_shock

da_after_shock New Member

i write best when im not thinking bout writing..it just has to come for me...just like freestyling..it just has to flow
    test
  3. j$crILLa

j$crILLa ~$crillVille~

i do best when im drunk or high,,, i dont dont know wy
    test
  4. Dark_Angel

Dark_Angel Dark_Angel

i do the best, i walked around then a line comes to me, normally when i am tired and i write that line does and it just flows..but tired thoughts are great, your mind releases
    test
  5. 49th Prophet

6th Im feelin ya freestyling is a second language for me, its almost all I do lately

j$crILLa feelin you too, I also come up with my fav work when I am high, it makes me more creative I think.

Dark_Angel no doubt...your mind mos def releses when you are tired...you know what Im talking about

thanks all for the replies
    test
  6. Mind~$oul

Mind~$oul I'm Pretty

i'm more of a freestyle type... i usually dont even think about writing, it just pops up. That's why i do alot of keystyles.

I love writing when i'm drunk or high too
    test
  7. 49th Prophet

^^Feelin ya...lol...maybe we should all get together and have a substance abuse collabo...lol

nah but for real feelin ya, thanks for the reply
    test
  8. VersatileSidra

VersatileSidra Rest In Peace

I write when I'm at a breaking point of being stressed out. Then, I have a lot of shit to get off my chest. That's when I come up with a lot of crazy dialogue. Then, when I'm at my calmest, I write descriptive paragraphs to go along with it. Put them together, and voila! I have a story!

Plug: Click that link below to take you to "The Jamison-Cain Chronicles," a 10-book series being written by "Leighanna Armelle," me, and my sister. It's the next big thing! I'm telling ya.....lol
    test
  9. 49th Prophet

thanks for sharing, lol, way to slide in your plug....but shit's good looking and good luck with that

peace
    test
  10. tk2oo3

tk2oo3 New Member

well i dont write on the brink of insomnia, i dont think i ever have though i do write most likely late into the day or late at night though i have done mornings/afternoons at times.. at night dark or passionate inspiration tends to hit me cuz i sometimes jus sit back n think bout shit n theres a lot on my mind from the whole day built up.. so its easy to write.. i think the key to writing is in emotion most noticable ones : passion & pain.. sometimes i appear to be emotional/hurt when i am not an the way that happens is because i have written off pain/passion enough to develop imagery which creates the illusion of emotion behind the art for the reader, i think those who can do that can come strongest, an when they come wit emotion they WILL blow your mind.. i think though i dont know i jus write off ideas most of the time.. the key to ideas is reading an life.. dont let ideas slip if you are starting and lack ideas.. i think having an idea of where your headed wit yo poetry before you even write the first letter is key because then you know what you wanna show an its a lot easier to get back on track if you go off.. aight im done shit ive said wayyyy toooo mucccchh alreayd..
    test
  11. skandelous_lala

skandelous_lala back from the dead

i write my best shit when i'm on the verge of going insane ;)
    test
  12. 49th Prophet

tk2oo3 thanks for the feedback, feelin ya on all that, especially the part about knowing where your poetry is heading before you start, thanks again for the response.

skandelous_lala call me when you finally go insane, I'll show you areound;)
    test
  13. DaJackle

DaJackle ThoughtS ProcessinG

well, i write better when i am somewhat tired...it feels like i see everything in a different angle and im not bound by logic or the daily way that i think or dictate due for my subconcious mind taking over....and emotional stuff and deep stuff comes real easy, cause those topic have been dormant in the back of my mind for a while now and when my subconcious kicks in, thats when they explode into paper
    test
  14. Xero Satsujin

Xero Satsujin OnLy gOd kNoWs oR Goes

As I would say, Insomnia is the casual friend to the wise, so its understandable when you are able to write more freely when tired. The mind goes into a state of relapse when its held awake, so its kinda like rain. The heavier the clouds get the farther they sink down, but when allowed to release their precious cargo, the more beautiful the rain storm...Anywho...this is my input, too bad I actually suffer from insomnia, lol...
    test
  15. VersatileSidra

VersatileSidra Rest In Peace

lol Thx!
    test
  16. skandelous_lala

skandelous_lala back from the dead

lol will do :D
    test
  17. mr.rip

mr.rip New Member

lol this may sound crazy but right after sex i can write so good lol it bugs me the hell out but i really can put it down when i am done .
    test
  18. Den-S

Den-S .:.The Chosen One.:.

I freestyle best when Im tired, but not write...when im tired, my mind is more at ease and relaxed and i can just fuck around...
    test
  19. misspimp

misspimp a.k.a KATURAH

LOL...thats where all my best writing comes from...it'll be like 4 or 5 oclock in da morning and ill have wrote 3 or 4 good poems...so u r not alone....

mad love
    test
  20. 6th_plague

6th_plague More then meets the eye

i only write when sum thing has happened which has really moved my emotions like when my close mate died i wrote a few filing cabets worth...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.