Anyone else Wondering what Greg Jackson thinks of Dana/All this?

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by LungZzZ, Aug 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LungZzZ

LungZzZ Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Honestly I don't dislike this guy @ all, everything is in good fun.

What do you guys think of Greg? Lightened up to the guy?
    OR IS HE A
    "SPORT-KILLER"????
    test
  2. JackDeuce

JackDeuce Well-Known Member

I really like Jackson, don't like Jones so much, but yeah his logic makes sense
    test
  3. Tha Cunnysmythe

Tha Cunnysmythe Unsavoury Negroid

yeah yeah

chael was saying on the same schedule he'd have zero days

he'd had no camp and minimal training

this sounds weak
    test
  4. N A S T Y

N A S T Y Well-Known Member

Greg Jackson is a cancer to the sport
    look what he turned GSP into, Carlos Condit's "new" fighting style, Guida running from maynard, etc

fuck that guy
    test
  5. N A S T Y

N A S T Y Well-Known Member

and.... Sonnen wasn't training with Hendo.... Hendo is in Cali and he's in Oregon, Sonnen is coming off a fight and Hendo was already training for this one.... I doubt there was much contact between the two if any
    test
  6. LungZzZ

3 days notice? Do they forget they have at-least been training. I understand their game-plans are shot but it is hard to believe SLIGHT modifications couldn't of been made, while keeping the fight basically the same way it was b4.
    test
  7. Makabreli

Makabreli done

i like jackson and am amazed by jon jones but dislike a bit a bout him.

don't care for some of the decisions they make, but i think they get a bad wrap because 90% of the sport's fighters come from that camp.

i just hate anything mma i read that suggests its moving toward boxing level of backstage gayness. fedor was guilty of this a lot and now the jones fiasco.
    test
  8. Makabreli

Makabreli done

never understood the condit hate in the diaz fight, and this is coming from a guy that loves diaz and didnt care for condit going into the fight.

people accused him of running yet he landed a shit ton of awesome kicks during the fight. only time he ran was when his back was against the cage where diaz wanted him. not the most sound or pretty strategy to get back to the center, but for unpolished boxers it works.
    test
  9. LungZzZ

I know what you mean Mak, like stated above I really have no problem with Greg, I'm just joking around. Jones is getting to be very annoying, but he isn't on Fedor's level just yet.

I also didn't hate on the Condit/Diaz decision as it was close as hell watching it...Neither guy truly impressing me.
    test
  10. FarooqHakim

FarooqHakim Dot Dorbal

I don't expect people to start hating Greg Jackson the way they hate Jon Jones or even Dana White. Greg Jackson isn't seen destroying people's heroes, nor is he the head of the UFC.

The fact that such a successful trainer in Greg Jackson referred to Sonnen as a great, great fighter should be a clue to some of ya'll as well. But what does Greg Jackson know, he's probably new.
    test
  11. FarooqHakim

FarooqHakim Dot Dorbal

I'm also completely surprised that nobody is skeptical enough to suggest Dana White's reaction to this whole mess may be an attempt to save face all while painting Jon Jones as a bigger Mayweatheresque bad guy character. People are all ready to believe that Jon Jones is afraid to fight on short notice, but at the same time they are denying that Chael has a chance. I've read places recently claim that Jones almost got KTFO by Machida in the first round (which is obnoxious, and just plain goofy). People are trying to change history, it's really kind of exciting.

Congratulations Jon Jones, you may have had an event canceled, and that makes you a major cunt, but regardless of what people say, people will tune in praying that you lose.
    test
  12. LungZzZ

To me, listening to the call, it sounded like Dana was REALLY trying to make Jones feel bad, or like, get it in his head NOT to do this again.
    test
  13. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

Gregg agrees with me on this issue
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.