anyone else not care about the rolling stone cover?

Discussion in 'The Alley' started by zyclon B gas, Jul 18, 2013.

1. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

My comment on the Rolling Stone cover? Good. I'm glad they're examining everything that led up to what the kid did. Everyone's ok with the media showing him bloody or behind bars, why can't they actually do an in-depth to show the troubles that affected him and ultimately lay behind the decision he made? They're not glorifying him, the kid is now on trial and will be in every news source without any description except that he's a Muslim and that he's nuts. At least rolling stone had the balls to examine how he got nuts and became susceptible to following other crazies.

Mental issues are at the heart of most of our problems in this world, and they're triggered by various forces, so let's dive in and examine the issues instead of using opinions as a band aid.
    *i stole the above from my FB status.
    *only my logical thinking friends liked and responded with worthwhile commentary
    *all my other friends said they should've shot the kid immediately, relegated his story to a blurb, etc.
    *long discussion ended with one friend saying blah blah bullshit, me being right, and other spinoza-esque dummies losing their minds and agreeing with each other
    test
  2. Superman70

Superman70 edited

i just got this out of the mailbox 10 minutes ago and hadnt looked at it yet.

oh.

i agree with what you said there.

[/circlejerk]
    test
  3. Thomas Huxley

Thomas Huxley Well-Known Member

You subscribe to RS?
    test
  4. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

agreed, but still the lesser of two evils.

is there still any proof that he actually did it?

really, i'm not even trolling - apart from the backpack and quoting jay z lyrics on his twitter.

:numaan:
    test
  5. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

The shootout with the cops...
    test
  6. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

yeah, i personally dont care

and not knowing what the article is actually about cant really comment, its obviously not pro-terrorist though so i feel like all the coverage(no pun intended) on the issue is pretty much an overreaction. Its gossip club. The news need something to make a big deal about at all times. So thats part of it.
    test
  7. Twamp

Twamp proper weaponry

no pic, great.
    test
  8. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

meh, still doesn't prove that he blew up the marathon.

just means he was stupid and scared.

:numaan:
    test