Anyone else less hype about halo 3 because of the damn add campaign???

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by OurSin, Sep 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

Man, i swear they are really really trying to make halo lame as hell. Like these old war vet type commercials and shit like it was WW2 with live action....

wow, so fucking lame i can't stand it...

the new green 360.....gayyyyy....

Halo is lucky that the other 2 games were dope, cause if this was a brand new franchise i wouldn't even fuck with it off the strength of the lame add campaign......

like it's taking itself way to fucking serious......
    test
  2. Cane

Cane New Member

dude, halo is not for you

that add campaign, if you ever paid attention to the single player mode, is probably the coolest avertising campaign in video game history

rmc never ceases to amaze
    test
  3. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

test
  4. LokStok

LokStok Fuck that LokStrok cunt

lol @ that song ..
    test
  5. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

I know pure Genius.

Bush who? it's all about master Chief.
    test
  6. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

Absolutely Ridiculous.....

This game should not receive that much hype.
    test
  7. veral conflict

veral conflict beatsrus

^^it probably doesnt..

but do you expect bungie to just give a game that is gonna make them so much money a little more than average hype?

its the topseller and it aint even out yet..
    test
  8. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

Fanboys never cease to amaze me

lol @ halo isn't for you, i been playing the shit since hte first

this add campaign is GAY..........their old viral internet shit was way better......

the scavenger hunt shit is still dope, but the commercials are annoying as FUCKK

like give it a rest, the game is going to sell it dosn't need these horrible live action commercials
    test
  9. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

oh yeah...and your right, i'm probably not going to get halo 3. Well not untill after i see all the reviews for it, since i'm pretty sure it's going to be just like halo 2 in HD
    test
  10. Ethan Albright

Ethan Albright New Member

lmao cane is a nerd. He's probably going to buy one of those geeky ass monuments and have it as the center-piece in his living room.

The shit is nerdy to the maximum. Some people take video games waaaay too seriously.
    test
  11. Cane

Cane New Member

awww, i get it. i hurt your feelings in the sports forum, so you came here to use the ever classic "nerd" attack.

and to the schmuck who doesn't get the ads, it's because following the story was too difficult for you. stick to multiplayer dude. i mean, why is it "gay"? that's all you keep saying, but with no real reason why. then again, you're on rmc, calling things you don't get, gay. me thinks you're not smart enough to keep up anyway. kinda like our good friend ethan here.
    test
  12. veral conflict

veral conflict beatsrus

halo 2.5??

name me a modern FPS shooter on their third game of a series implement in a map editor, you dont change the physics of the map but you can customize the shit out of it and play it real time when doing it..

the new elephant(drivable base) is insane.. the new brute weapons and vehicles are dope.. equipment, bubble shield, flare, radar jammar, grav lift,etc..

and then saved films.. that shit look nice.. peep the new vidoc on bungie.net and tell me its halo 2.5/halo 2 in HD..
    test
  13. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

lmao @ this cane guy coming in here....who are you??? V max......probably...

what's so hard to get about the halo story??? you act like it's rocket science......shit is as straight foward as they come

what does a corny live action play on making the halo wars look like ww2, have to do with ancient species building giant halo shaped space station that kill all life in an entire galaxy to stop the flood. Or what does it have to do with a bunch of aliens worshiping the things??

i "get" the corny adds....but the point is they are stupid and extremely lame....like that green xbox and that dumb spartan helmet........they making halo from a fun game into a big lame media hype.
    test
  14. Cane

Cane New Member

who am i? kidding....right?

point

fuckin

proven

i knew you didn't know a thing about it.

actually it has everything to do with it. it's called immersion smart guy and you just answered your own question.

you're still not giving reasons why it's corny. they're excellently produced, with high porduction values and are vital to the story if you've been paying attention. following the games as you should, reading the books, you know, getting your moneys worth out of the medium. enjoying quality entertainment. you're the type who taps a button to skip a cut scene so he can zomg, keep shooting. things like literary and narrative immersion don't register with you while a controller's in your hand. by asking me what it has to do with those aspects of halo, although likely overlooked, you proved my point that you don't follow the story enough. it alludes to many political, religious and ethical references, not to mention that if you follow it enough, like any game, you become immersed and care about the characters. like any good story, obviously. but in this game, and what makes the ads genius, is it makes you part of "the characters". i've always said halo was better than any alien movie because you don't know the outcome in the first 5 minutes. and everything makes sense. the writing, the characters, the plot outline, the music, it's as epic as a bioshock, or metal gear game and really, stretches back further than you'd know by making retard runs through just the first two games. every good story has a meaning. a message. it doesn't spoon feed it to you and it's underlying in the feel of the entire experience. the meaning of halo is survival. survival through unity. and the game if played right makes you feel like you're part of it. like it's human history. and not in some fantasy world, but real human being history. which is exactly why the ads are so cool. and even if it wasn't, on the surface, they're perfectly produced, nothing seems corny whatsoever. they don't strike you properly, but you're not really one to judge this type of thing.

i'm sorry if it's over your head but i'll be honest. i wouldn't expect someone like you to get it. frankly i'm glad you don't. i like to have interesting conversations and enjoy it with people who understand it. i'm glad the multiplayer aspect was so incredible that it absorbed all the low lying fruit.
    test
  15. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

test
  16. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

lol @ over my head....this guy.....and no i didnt' read the books cause the story isn't very interesting.....

lmao @ this dude riding halo's nutsack

i mean i'm glad you found something to enjoy.....but halo's story is just a step away from being a simple cliche' scifi tale....with just a few instances that keep it engaging enough to stay out of that.

want good stories in games that actually require brainpower??? All the soul reaver legacy of kane games, Metal Gear, any game by bioware specifically KOTOR, FF 12, Xenogears ect ect

halo's story is dead in the middle, not bad but def not some epic tale like they trying to make it seem. People play the mulitplayer first and foremost.

but if that's what gets you going, good for you i don't mean to hate on your opinion, but that's just mine. And these adds are fucking annoying.

The game may be amazing though, can't say for sure since it aint came out yet, but this hype is killing any actual hype i had for the game.

you want epic story?? look out for Mass Effect
    test
  17. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

yes....mass effect..........woooooooooo......

sorry cane...but mass effects story is gonna shit on halo's story so bad........its bioware......bioware dont play when it comes to story lines
    test
  18. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

and "cane" why do you keep changing names??? Redmaster, Vmax.....just stick with one...wtf, it's just a message board....

and if it aint you, how do you know what somebody "like" me knows when you know shit about me???
    test
  19. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

Cane isn't Redmaster or V Max.

And the commercial appeal has cheapened Halo even further for me.
    test
  20. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

^^really??? I'm up int he air about it....dude has a million alias's with lots of posts.....

and the fact that he appears to think he knows anything about me.......the way the posts are, the lame insults.......all screams vmax

oh well.....sorry for the mixup
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.