Anyone else hate televangelists?

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by KingMenace, Dec 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KingMenace

KingMenace YOU MAD.

Just seeing people like Joel Osteen or Joyce Meyer preach at 5:00 in the morning greatly irritates me. To think that these people are leeching off of innocent people who just need a crutch is sickening. Peter Popoff selling his garbage "Miracle Water" is the worst in my opinion. Business and Religion are too intertwined these days, and enormous televised congregations are the premier example of this.

I might as well make a criticism on mega-churches as well. There was a local church built in my city about 3 years ago. It has a pool, a few balconies. They bought x-boxes and video game systems. It occupies about 3 acres of manicured land. The head minister makes around $75,000 a year. To think that this organization could be tax-exempt disgusts me.

Anyone else share my sentiments?
    test
  2. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

How come when a church is successful people get all suspicious but when someone says something about a satan worshiping top 2 percentile lofty entertainer or coorporation everybody gets offended like geezus leave so an so alone already. I mean if people werent getting SOMETHING out of going to the above mentioned teachers why would they take so much time out of their perfect lives to go? An tbh if any of their attendees had a problem with giving their churches tithes or offering or whatever they are free not too give a penny. Its not as if they charge to get in or wont let u out without putting an envelope in the basket. Many dont even ask for salaries from their ministries for just such a reason as this. So how much money they personally supposedly make from a non profit organization tho, majority of whats given is put back into other areas of their ministries like feeding homless and education for children in war torn countries. You should check out these evangelists an mega churches other ministries an see
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  3. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

i dunno hate just seems like a strong word to use just judging from the perspective of one that hasnt looked into the good they do for people. For example joyce meyer has several outreach ministries like feeding lunch to inner city youth in her city EVERYDAY after school. I wish she was around when i was that age. She has apartments for women free of charge that have been victims of domestic violence and molestation. She has a team of people that go out to the inner city and knock on doors and ask people if they need anything in their apartment an homes fixed, or elderly to be looked after, or help with bills..? Who else does stuff like that. An if she didnt would anyone?
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.