Anyone copping Final Fantasy XIII?

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by TsirhCitna, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TsirhCitna

TsirhCitna New Member

For 360 or for PS3? Comes out in nine days. I'll post more about it after I get it since I usually marathon a game for ~20ish hours when I first buy one, especially an RPG, so I could probably touch on basics for people who aren't sure if they want to invest in another FF game after playing the awful garbage that was FFXII.
    test
  2. PR STATUS GFU

PR STATUS GFU Under The Influence

hell no... never liked FF games.
    test
  3. AssassinsCreed

AssassinsCreed New Member

^ Cause it had girls in em, this faggot prefers games like fifa where there's no bitches around.
    test
  4. TsirhCitna

TsirhCitna New Member

Picking this shit up at midnight on Monday. I'll have something written up by Tuesday morning if anybody cares.
    test
  5. BEEF Z

BEEF Z New Member

Not sure, not really into games where i play as a woman. Im sexist like that
    test
  6. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

^^Don't think you really play as her, seemed like you control the party as a whole so you can run around as anybody (from what i seen anyway).

As the game gets closer to coming out, i'm feeling that i'm going to buy it...lol.....the battle system looks fun even though the game is supposedly too linear this time around.
    test
  7. NaSh

NaSh o_

got it on pre-order. got a few days off work too :)
    test
  8. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

are you without live or just skanked mw2 Nash?
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  9. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

man watch my ass go pick this up tommorow then let the game sit around for a week before i open it..lmao
    test
  10. LDogg The King

LDogg The King The High Life

its released tonihgt at 12.. ill be there to cop it
    test
  11. NaSh

NaSh o_

without broadband, at the moment im on my girlfriends laptop **** one of those dongle things, its shit
    test
  12. NaSh

NaSh o_

oh and ff just popped through my letterbox, goodbye world!
    test
  13. TsirhCitna

TsirhCitna New Member

Yo! Been playing this shit all night since midnight with my woman. Just going to drop a bit of informative facts before I go back to playing.

First off, I'll say, the game is straight up gorgeous. Everything from the scenery to the models to the cutscenes themselves, everything is beautiful and sometimes it's difficult to distinguish the cutscene from real life.

I'm on the 6th Chapter though I don't know how much is left. I'm probaby not even halfway through.

Either way, the first thing I noticed about 2 or 3 hours in is that this game actually has some moderation of difficulty. You can't get by through auto attack spamming anymore, you need to actually strategize in order to not get murked. There's situations where you might even get killed before you get a chance to react because you'll get into an encounter with three heavy damage dealers and they all focus your party leader.

The combat is SEEMLESS literally, it all feels so smooth and almost choreographed. It really feels like a tactical action-game the way some of the actions are executed. It's like you're controlling a fucking RPG movie at some points. Really enjoyable while still remaining challenging.

Boss fights are on a whole other level, some of them legitimately difficult and very rarely do you figure out a boss on your first attempt on them though it's not too horrible because you're almost always provided with a save station before the obligatory cutscene + battle.

Exploration is still there but most paths are invariably linear. There may be a few turns where you can make a left to a dead end to find a chest [Treasure Sphere] with a potion in it or something but it's usually obvious where you have to go.

That being said, it's really enjoyable. If you've been keeping up with the FFXIII news then it's likely you've heard that they don't have towns anymore, you're always in the action and exploring; and to a degree it feels justified when you're playing. Just thinking about exiting one area and running around pressing "x" to talk to people and further story wihle stacking up on potions seems like it would take away from the experience.

The story is pretty solid and marginally original for an RPG, it's none of that "chosen one" bullshit so it's got it's unique feel to it. My only gripe is that there seems to be some drama that you're supposed to care about but personally I'm shrugging it off.

Voice acting is really well done and motion-capture seems to have taken it's toll on the character's mannerisms because they all seem very natural.

Overall, the game is amazing. So far, it's up there with all the other Final Fantasys I've played and hopefully it has the merit to surpass them. (I loved FFX and FF9, FF8 and FF7 were good although the latter is severely overrated and held in too high regard by idiots with boners for their nostalgia). It's a bit expected that this game is an appealing hit due to the fact that the previous installment in the series was a poor excuse for an RPG; I really hated FF12 and I'm glad to see this game has nothing to do with it.

I'll write up more when I actually finished but I'm more than delighted with how the game is right now. It exceeded my initial expectations and I hope I can beat this in time to touch on God of War III but I wouldn't even mind if I had to keep GOWIII on the backburner for a bit while I finished this.
    test
  14. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

i'm like 2 hours in.......the combat in the beggining is way to easy

game is cool but wtf is up with the camera jerking around? Shit don't rotate smooth at all
    test
  15. NaSh

NaSh o_

combats really easy so far, think im like 4 and a half hours in and still have not died
    test
  16. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

i almost died once, just because i forgot to check my health got so used to tapping the x button..lmao
    test
  17. NaSh

NaSh o_

just started usin magic an shit. bit better now but still pretty easy
    test
  18. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

yeah, that's where i'm at too, bout 3 and half hours in........aint started playing it today though
    test
  19. NaSh

NaSh o_

playin it now, i want to punch the girl, not lightning, the other one. so annoying!
    test
  20. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

yeah man....i thought the reviews were exaggerating how annoying she was..lmao

best voice actor is the black dude so far, the two main characters are alright, but the dialouge is almost laughable at points.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.