Anyone able to explain this hipsteria regarding "Mumford & Sons"?

Discussion in 'Movies, Entertainment & Various Music Genres' started by GaLaTeA, Nov 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA Well-Known Member

...don't see the point of their banjo trick or whatever one can call it, but also have no idea what exactly makes it "cool/hip"?

Seems like another neatly done marketing plan.

Not looking for band hate or the other extreme of fan spectrum type replies, I'm interested if anyone can explain about this "phenomenon of the band's greatness".
    test
  2. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

so what are you saying, you dont like them or the banjo?

I like me some bluegrass music so im used to hearing banjos as part of a bands arsenal. I havent noticed any mumford and sons hype though. I do like one song by them but its also the only one ive heard and only know it was mumford and sons because when i heard that banjo i wanted to know who the plucky canadian band was... then i found out theyre englanders....

if theres a new fad into liking country/bluegrass/folk then i started it and its finally catching on

fucking copycats
    test
  3. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA Well-Known Member

Neither, I've been fascinated over this Mumford & Sons phenomenon for a couple of years, but I'm not exactly clear what the hype's all about. It's trendy music with recycled value.

Their 1st album had a few really interesting songs, but I prefer Devendra Banhart or Punch Brothers ~ there's a lot more of a unique factor present. 2nd album ~ there's far more indie sensibility, or should I say just a copy of indie hipsters, but they've added a bit of an ethnic element.
    test
  4. Envy

Envy Song Writer / Artist.

All their songs sound the same to me.
    test
  5. J Keeper

J Keeper Super Jesus

It's part of the hipster folk culture.

Mumford and Sons, Old Crow Medicine Show, The Avett Brother, The Felize brothers...

All cut from the same flannel cloth.
    test
  6. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

wow and i thought old mumsy and sons just came out

but I liked old crow medicine show since before there was such thing as hipsters
    ;) lol
    test
  7. J Keeper

J Keeper Super Jesus

I've been a hipster since before there were hipsters.

We always existed, just at some point people thought it was cool to dress like us and listen to our music.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.