anybody use weighted vests?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Your Idol, May 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LiveFromThe781

LiveFromThe781 Don Of The Den

so how much weight have you gained in the 5 years after your noob growth? im not even trying to be a dick but bro ive seen your pictures and you dont look like youve done much in terms of muscle mass. you may have gained some weight from your original state and you may go up a class or whatever, but when you have to monitor your calories to stay in whatever class youre at then moving up another one isnt saying much.
    test
  2. Ben Official

Ben Official Active Member

i can't even say what i used to weigh. it was pathetic. im going to have to pm it to you lol
    test
  3. Graphx

Graphx Word? Word!

Dude, I'm with Live on this one. It's next to impossible to gain any significant muscle without gaining fat but yo, and I was just wondering about this earlier today, what about strength?

Right now my body weight floats like a dead fish. 180-186 to me is a pretty big space to float around in, but it all depends on my carb intake. This passed weekend I went fuckin crazy and banged on mad beer and ate like shit. Cereal, poptarts, burger king, mac n cheese, whatever so I think my water weight is what's fluctuating. I usually get fucked during this time of year tho, 2 weeks of festivals (Greek then Italian) so that means 2 weeks of late nights, early mornings, a ton of alcohol and eating whatever I see.

Back on topic tho lol...I've never been able to gain muscle without fat, but today I hit a new benchmark in BB Shrugs, BB Military Press, AND DB flat bench all in one workout and I'm way lighter than I was in previous weeks and months. So what's the deal? I guess mass doesn't exactly have to coincide with overall strength? And if I continue the way I have been, I'm getting stronger Pound 4 Pound while lowering body weight so essentially I have to be gaining muscle while at the same time LOSING fat? Is that wtf is goin on? Damn, I've fucked around and confused myself.
    test
  4. LiveFromThe781

alright, youre on track here. bodyfat is essential to putting on muscle and lots of it. however, neural gains as strength do not require any excess calories at all. theres tons of "small" guys out there who lift phenomanal weights. most powerlifters and strongman though are fat because they really dont care to keep their weight down, it helps with competition lifts because it shortens the path of travel (benchpress), and for some reason i dont know it just makes you stronger.

if you ever go to t-nation and check out their strength sports sections youll probaly find a few videos of kids who look like bookworms deadlifting 500+.

finally found this video, watch 2:55+ youll see what im talking about. its the reason that 8 year old chinese kid can lift more than anyone on this site.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WS0GGC_LD2U&search=powerlifting
    test
  5. Ben Official

that video is crazy.
    test
  6. LiveFromThe781

the chinese are insane. ive heard that since theyre a communist country and can legally do it, they hand pick kids as early as they can walk and talk and put them into specialized programs specifically for olympic lifting.

also does anyone else feel pain in their knees watching those guys deadlift?
    test
  7. Your Idol

Your Idol ♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠

my weight usually fluctuates 5-10 pounds every couple days or so.
    test
  8. Ben Official

yeah my metabolism is so fast, i lose 3 pounds every night just from sleeping.
    test
  9. LiveFromThe781

yes my weight also fluctuates pretty drastically. ill be happy when i stop floating in 190-195 and start floating in 195-200. i already feel like ive naturally lost weight just because its harder to eat during the summer than winter.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.