anybody use weighted vests?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Your Idol, May 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Your Idol

Your Idol ♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠

test
  2. C.G.

C.G. C.G. Productionz

dont run with it, itll hurt ur kness. i havea 100 lb one, i use it for push ups, pull ups, etc, very good stuff tho
    test
  3. Ben Official

Ben Official Active Member

yeah i use one for tons of work outs. we have several different weights. they are great. i run sprints in them but i dont know about running distances. i'll usually just hold d balls to my chest for the longer distances
    test
  4. Your Idol

Your Idol ♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠

army men and marines do like 10 mile hikes with like 100 pounds worth of gear how is that different?
    test
  5. LiveFromThe781

LiveFromThe781 Don Of The Den

dont run, sprint. jogging isnt going to do jack shit for you in terms of building muscle. only way you can build muscle through running is through sprinting as fast as you can for a minute or two at a time.
    test
  6. Gorilla Nasty

Gorilla Nasty I'm lame TBH

No but man I wish I had one. I'm into working out doing things aside from actually lifting.

I need a weight vest and a heart rate monitor would be love too.
    test
  7. Your Idol

Your Idol ♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠

really looking to just build muscle in the legs. it's mostly for cutting off the weight my whey gives me. i mean i can definately tell i'm building muscle and shit from it but i'd definately like to keep the body fat down as much as possible. it will also help with pushups and pull ups.
    test
  8. Gorilla Nasty

If you want to build muscle in your legs, you have to go heavy with your compound lifts.
    test
  9. LiveFromThe781

i wish i could just take a hammer and nail this shit into everyones head.

if you want to get big you have to put on a little fat. im not talking obese, but im talking say goodbye to your abs. if you want to get big you also have to lift weights dude. if you want to make your legs bigger squat in the 20 or higher rep range. bodybuilding isnt complicated it just takes a lot of time and effort.
    test
  10. Your Idol

Your Idol ♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠

don't worry i'm not the lazy type. i do my lifts. i'm one of those people who if they do something they have to do it all the way. it's just a little disappointing that i go through so much effort and because of the whey i can't get the six pack. i think as soon as this container i'm on now is out i'll just stop using it.
    test
  11. LiveFromThe781

what does that mean "because of the whey i cant the six pack"? your caloric intake and actual abdominal muscle structure determines wheter or not your abs are visible. if you just want a six pack, starve yourself. if you want a good physique then eat like an animal and train like an animal, do it for a couple years and then when youve done something for yourself maybe you can diet down in the summer to show it off more. its just the way it is dude.
    test
  12. Gorilla Nasty

Not true.
    test
  13. LiveFromThe781

definately is. please prove me wrong, without steroids.
    test
  14. Ben Official

jump rope with a weight vest is also great
    test
  15. Gorilla Nasty

You don't have to put on fat to put on muscle. That is a fact. In fact, the opposite holds more true than anything. More muscle means more fat burned.
    test
  16. LiveFromThe781

dude there is no one who has ever put on a decent amount of muscle without putting on a little fat. if you think youre going to put on any size and still have abs then you are deep in denial. maybe what, a pound a year? you cant grow without a caloric surplus, if you have a caloric surplus youre gonna have a little fat. like i said, theres no one whos gotten big without having some fat, its just how it works. google it.
    test
  17. megatrif'l

megatrif'l New Member

i just run with a big titty'd midget on my back
    test
  18. Ben Official

as far as gaining weight without gaining fat, it depends how much your talking and how fast. if your talking about putting on like 40-50 pounds, it would be incredibly hard to do it without putting on fat.

as far as like 10-15, its totally doable. i have done it before and am doing it right now. but its not nearly as fast as cutting out most cardio and putting fat and muscle on. doing it while maintaining great cardio is doable but more difficult without a doubt
    test
  19. LiveFromThe781

if by doable you mean practically impossible then yea youre right. if wanna bullshit around and be a brad pitt pretty boy then anticipate minimal gains in the 1 pound a year vicinity.

anyone just starting out from nothing can easily gain 10 pounds just from noob growth. but after thats gone you wont be making anymore progress. its very very simple; eat and lift.

if you want to have abs, thats fine, i want them, everyone does. but my difference is that i dont want to diet down to them until i know that when i do the rest of my body will still look good (tried it once, stupid idea). i dont want to diet down and have no mass, thats silly. im also 20 years old, 21 in october, and i have naturally high T-levels right now therefore itd be a waste to not use it towards accumulating as much mass as possible. in addition to that i have a fast metabolism, i cant get that high in fat if i wanted to. i know theres other people who have to watch their caloric intake more closely but even if you do you can still be at the 12-15% bodyfat range.

i see absolutely no valid reason why anyone cant afford to put on a little fat if it means adding a lot of muscle. you can diet down fat whenever you want, but putting on muscle takes a lot of work.
    test
  20. Ben Official

lol well i think you nkow i am not talking about noob growth. ive been doing this for over 5 years consistently.

you can do it. of course you wont put on 0 fat, but you can definitely minimize it.

if your trying to gain more than 10-15 pounds in good time, its going to be nearly impossible to do it without putting on fat.

but im not inhuman. like i said i've done it before and im doing it now. and if anything i have below average genetics for muscle growth.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.