anybody over the age of 20, yall can't tell me that yall get the same feelin today...

Discussion in 'Audio Emcee Hook Ups' started by Nimrod, Feb 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SenorSnatchFace

SenorSnatchFace New Member

I remember when "if I ruled the world" came out to radio, I waited 8 hours with my finger on the record button for it to play... back then the east wasnt getting too much love on radio here (seattle)

I used to record Yo! MTV Raps when it came on, and headbangers ball.... I have a headbangers episode where Kurt Cobain was wearing a dress, and he said "I had to get dressed up for the ball".....

My favorite videos of that time?

Nas - It aint hard to tell
    Raekwon - Can it all be so simple
    Ghostface - Daytona 500
    All the videos from the chronic (Let me ride and Dont fuck wit dre day are my favorites)
    Shit, I miss the post bad-boy videos too....
    Biggie - Warning

Thats all I can think of now....

The box was great, Box urban would constantly play dope stuff... I only got it around here when Juvenile first blew up, and I think they did the requests regionally, unless C-Bo's "get the money" was being requested anywhere outside of the west coast...

Good post
    test
  2. Haze

Haze I hear the streets

"YOUR NEVER TO CLEVER TO BE OUTSMARTED BY THE NEXT FUCKING FELLOW/THE SECRETS OF THE HIDDEN TEMPLE"
    BLAC monks

who remembers that shit? rap a lot had ALOT OF DOPE shit. WU tang with cream, Wow the memories, i remember picking up that Gangstarr issue of the source and saying, "OMG, NAS GOT 5 MICS" first time i ever seen a 5 mic album, heard the album that day and was blown away . i remember when DARE IZ A DARKSIDE came out, WOW. mofos walkin around with their BEEPERS on beep so mofos hear someone is pagin them ..HAHAHAHA!!!

u think ICE CUBE could drop another CAVE BITCH and be accepted into Hip Hop NOW? hahahahah NO DA LENCH MOB, all that old shit these kids dont know about. KAM .... damn

and the movies? MENACE TO SOCIETY? BOYZ N THE HOOD, JUICE, HIGHER LEARNING?POETIC JUSTICE, EVEN WHOS DA MAN ? SHIT ..... the industry and money in america has got to this shit and its not hard to tell listening to the tunes today. most of the shit i hear is GARBAGE . hip hop was just now on the rise so it wasnt as watered down by corporate america as is now. Money usually wins in this world, especially in this country and its happening in hip hop... think whatever u want but when kanye west said, "I b hearing new music and just dont be feeling it" it brought me back to the era everyone in this thread is talkin bout ..

WORD.

and i remember my homie got grounded cuz he ran up his moms phone bill up to like 300$ calling the box requesting shit ... hahahAHAHahahaha!!!!
    test
  3. Haze

Haze I hear the streets

DZK, u must been listening to hip hop since u heard all eyez on me or some shit cuz that statement is weak as fuck when u compare this new shit to the shit that dropping left and right thru those eras.

off the top of my head, 94 was something like,

ATLiens
    Only built for cuban linx
    liquid swords
    me against the world
    lethal injection
    illmatic
    the world is yours-scarface
    secrets of the hidden temple
    boogiemonsters
    resurrection

thats all i can think, but ur tripping if the illest albums in the last 5 years could add up to the classics dropped IN ONE YEAR alone thru the 90's ... or around 97 or so ..
    test
  4. Cicc CEL

Cicc CEL R & B - Rhymes & Beats

2 Pac - I get around

Souls of Mischief - 93 Til Infinity

Dr. Dre - Nothin but a G Thang

Ahmad - Back in the Days

Lil C-Style, Snoop, Swoop G - 21 Jump Street

Doggfood album

LL Cool J - Doin it, fuck it that whole Cd bangs.

Dove Shack - Summertime in the LBC

Warren G's first album reminds me of Summertime in Cali.
    Water balloon fights, ridin on bikes 20 deep on the handle bars hittin up the park runnin around eatin from the neighborhood fruit trees

fuck this thread <sheds a tear>
    test
  5. Selph X Playned

Selph X Playned Too Raw 4 TV

Last video I remembered that was really grimey and had a real grimey feeling to him thats natural...

DMX - Whats My Name

That era from 97-00 was great for me. I was between 12 and 16 when the best did it (for me).
    test
  6. phenom2002

phenom2002 GET YA MAFUCKIN HANDS UP!

easily one of my top 3 favorite albums ever
    test
  7. Cri

Cri aerial wolf hunter

Is it gonna change?

Soon?

Ever?
    test
  8. Troll

Troll New Member

OMFG, yes.
    test
  9. Vembeezy

Vembeezy New Member

word, this really saddens me, i think about it all the time.

Back then people actually tried to be the illest emcee and come up with the grimiest shit that the hood could feel and all that. Now a days the only hood music is directed towards 12 year old suburban wanna be gangstas, and no1 cares about being ill, they just wanna rip off hip hop and get rich quick with club music and shit. its pathetic, what happened to the days when i was out on the block freestyling getting cred and shit for how ill I was..or givin daps for how ill other people were? people that used to come up with that "fa sheezy" shit used to get clowned..which is why noone did it.

Hip hop is a tradgedy, i truly hope that before 10 years it turns around. cus it would be a shame if it didnt. I can imagine myself sittin on the porch now with my old homies bumpin some classic real shit jus reminiscing on how times used to be...cus its not much to talk about wha music and the good experiences and thrills we got from it today are since their are none.
    test
  10. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

i really dont listen to any music made past like 2002...

hahah...

the old school eminem shit does need a mention too :)

SSLP and MMLP fucking owned the 90s
    test
  11. Nokas

Nokas Guest

hip hop sucks now a days
    test
  12. X sample

X sample New Member

u guys are right to an extent...but really you're full on suffering from NOSTALGIA...

the truth is there still is people dropping the same kind of grimey shit now...BUT YOU DONT LIKE IT ANYMORE...lol...its basically as simple as that...rappers drop the grimey real for the streets shit and it doesnt sell and noone makes any noise about it...so what do u expect them to do?

hey i agree...hip hops prime was 95-98 for me...but u know alot of what i liked from that era was pretty commercial...pac and alot of westside shit...biggie, mase and other bad boy shit...big pun...i mean i think u will find in 10 years people WILL consider rappers from now the equivalents....dont get lost in nostalgia...

sure rappers like j kwon wont be considered the same...

but what about jada, fab, banks, game etc etc...in 10 years peeps gonna be reminiscing bout them....go figure...

jus my 2cents...i still love the reminiscing going on in here though
    test
  13. X sample

X sample New Member

oh and kanye...i GUARANTEE 'college dropout' will be an all time classic...great album..

so u gotta have perspective..
    test
  14. deadweather

deadweather ******

yeah hip hop is fucking dead
    didnt you know?
    test
  15. Dskillz

Dskillz aka MG The Future

I dont think you have to be over 20 to realize that U stupid bastard
    test
  16. ANONIMUS

ANONIMUS resident middlefinger

if you think the golden era was from 95-98 then you have absolutely no idea what cats are talking about...haha
    test
  17. Z eye on

Z eye on Truuuth

WTF Ever happened to that shit? I think the box was responsible for alot of artists blowing up that never normally would've. I remember Bone gettin MAD play on the box before BET ever THOUGHT of playin it.

BRING BACK THE BOX
    test
  18. Cri

Cri aerial wolf hunter

I remember I requested the Big Pun "Its So Hard" video like twice and then the next day The Box was gone and some piece of shit mtv2 was there.

that musta been late 90's
    test
  19. sw0rdzmAn

sw0rdzmAn aka shank sinatra

yea i remember that shit aswell lol....

and word...alot of artists used the box to jump their career to the nex level...

anyone seen "THROWBACK" on mtv2....??? they play hiphop videos from the 90'z...they throw some weak shit in there of course...its still mtv but....
    i seen "93 till infinity" and "i used to love her" videos for the first time in ages on there the other nite.
    test
  20. X sample

X sample New Member

you guys are like old men sitting around unwilling to accept new ideas, hahaha...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.