anybody over the age of 20, yall can't tell me that yall get the same feelin today...

Discussion in 'Audio Emcee Hook Ups' started by Nimrod, Feb 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rewind

Rewind New Member

cuz some people enjoy partyin...
    some people like swangin
    some people like the party atmosphere-drankin swangin havin fun...

and i myself cant deny i love me a house party or even a club

o well...
    test
  2. MC Bill Buckner

MC Bill Buckner New Member

all you people need to grow up and get on with your lives.
    test
  3. STATEMENT.1

STATEMENT.1 Cant Shake The Devil

same here
    test
  4. Cri

Cri aerial wolf hunter

If Im not mistaken, Sugarhill Gang werent even mcs really, they were just assembled to present "the hip hop sound" to the mainstream.

Anyway, yeah even though I missed the early part of the golden era, I was up on the later parts. Everything was just raw, dark, like thats what I think of when I think Illmatic or old Wu or something like that. Just dark streets of NY, cold as shit outside, and just raw beats and raw shit straight from this guys mouth to my ears.

Now, like my mental picture of todays shit, is all bright colors, rainbows and corny puffy shit, advertising, lights everywhere.

Its like growing up watching Jordan play, which I did, and it is like a gift and a curse. Cause I got to see the best to ever do it for years. But when he left, everything is absolute shit by comparison. We got this new kid in the league though so maybe we get lucky but I wish I didnt take that shit for granted when I was in the midst of it. I mean, the first hip hop I was exposed to was in the golden era, and the first Basketball was in the Jordan era. I appreciate that shit A LOT more now than I did then.

But, is there anything that can be done? If mainstream hip hop dies out as far as its popularity and the fad passes, I think we could see another golden type era when mcs come out knowing hip hop doesnt get the big checks like it used to.
    test
  5. nawshus

nawshus STAMPEDE!

hah me and my nigga was reminiscing (spl) about this yesterday...
    test
  6. nawshus

nawshus STAMPEDE!

lately i been bumping: Illmatic, It Was Written, The Infamous, Murda Muzik, Infinite, Free Agents, Reasonable Doubt, etc.
    test
  7. Barrax

Barrax Movin on UP

The black movies were doper also. Movies like Higher Learning, was the shit..
    test
  8. aLLeviATioN

aLLeviATioN I Still Do Text Too...

Word up.

I feel that 100%

Shit was magic back then.

And all the jiggy videos were jiggy for a reason. Now a club track is obligatory.

Every time I catch an old school video playing now. I stop everything.

Niggas could be fuckin' the finest bitch they know and see some old Wu shit come on and I'm done.
    test
  9. Barrax

Barrax Movin on UP

Damn, it thats serious?^
    test
  10. E. Jae

E. Jae Nasty Souf

this is a dope thread... takes me back, I used to live in ATL so I been listenin to Outkast back when they first dropped... and I would rather listen to Southernplayalistic CD than most anything out now... shit is crazy.
    test
  11. E. Jae

E. Jae Nasty Souf

Good analogy wit that Jordan Shit...
    test
  12. MRI images

MRI images New Member

synthezised beats messed it up...no one really plays instruments or make real music or sample that much, I love jazzy, soulful sound...common - i use to lover her....poetic lyrics ..nas messages were always dope when i watched his video on rapcitys throwback thursdays, i could jus imagine how it impacted yall, or influenced yall to rap cause it did seem golden compared to these days..nowadays music is like you MAKE music in formulas - recipies..from a box.. reading the measurements an cup of sugar amount... instead of gettin ur own ingrediants and makin food from the heart...all u need is a HYPE/CRUNK beat an attractive voice and...YOUR IN THE GAME, no display of skills no more the art of rhyme, the talent of putting messages together, vocabulary masters of english language, conveying messages...a lot of people dont have much respect for hiphop...people who dont listen to it, cause it looks like no real talent in it, back in days my grandfather told me..every person played in instrument...we need more emcees who studies music..appreciates it..knows how to read music, like Andre3000, he could play a lot of instruments...or more self-taught kats...more soul an truth in words...instead of pre-meditated images...and hired stylists..
    test
  13. DamoSport

DamoSport There can be only 1

first thing you ever said i ever agreed with you silly hippy.
    test
  14. phenom2002

phenom2002 GET YA MAFUCKIN HANDS UP!

lol i talk about this shit all the time wit my boys, that shit is so true
    test
  15. phenom2002

phenom2002 GET YA MAFUCKIN HANDS UP!

i also agree with this
    test
  16. DZK

DZK DZKonline.net

it was your age

and being introduced to a powerful new music

it was NOT the music

the kids today are going to be saying the same thing in 10 years
    test
  17. Daniel Lawrence

Daniel Lawrence New Member

There was ALOT of wack shit out too back then, but yeah the music has taken a big decline. But hey alot of us are artists ourselves, just make the music that appeals to us and our audience and keep it moving.
    test
  18. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

Yeah....we must be getting old....cause i can't stand watching music videos anymore..or listening to the radio
    test
  19. Cri

Cri aerial wolf hunter

there is definately a HUGE difference in music

And its not like we cats around 20 right now, who were technically youngins during the golden era are the only ones saying this shit. Cats of all ages back it up.
    test
  20. sw0rdzmAn

sw0rdzmAn aka shank sinatra

i disagree...my moms was into disco/soul/funk...and i was exposed to parliment,kool and the gang,bambaata,and all that type shit..which was roots of hiphop...and my musical taste stayed like that..even as a small child i listened to hiphop... basically from the jump off till now..and nothin really compares to that era musically to me...the lyrics,beats...were doper..fuck even the hiphop music videos that were on tv were doper as far as it was alot more pure hiphop instead of bling bling crunk bullshit watered down garbage....

more albums considered "classics" by heads ...came from that era then any...
    majority of music i still listen 2 on a daily basis is from that era for that matter..
    pharcyde,onyx,gangstarr,outkast,nas,common,jayz,pac,ditc,i could go on forever..
    but all their music was better back then...hiphop as awhole was in its prime..
    i dont see how you could deny that it was in its prime..which is what you would be saying if it wasnt because of the music.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.