Anybody else just feel uncomfortable

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by OurSin, Jun 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

Watching cyborg beat the living shit out of these women? Shit just feels wrong man I was just hoping for the ref to stop it.
    test
  2. Tha Cunnysmythe

Tha Cunnysmythe Unsavoury Negroid

Terrible display of reffing. It shouldn't have seen a second round. Halfway through round 1 it should have been over and done with.

Brutal displays like that are why I don't follow women's MMA, and that dreadful non-stoppage just prolonged the whole thing.
    test
  3. Big K

Big K U Wanna Battle?

I can't believe that they allowed the manbeast Cyborg beat up on a girl nicknamed "Cuddles".

I know a lot of people are harping on the bad reffing in this fight, however, late stoppages seem to be a hallmark of pretty much every Cyborg fight since he joined Elite XC/Strikeforce. Watch his fight vs Shayna Baszler...that was even worse.
    test
  4. Odysseus

Odysseus a marvelous muthafucka

horrible ref

the direction of the ass beating wouldn't have changed if the ref was on point, but still......

i seen the same ref during fedors entrance for a second and cringed until i seen big john was the ref
    test
  5. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

seem like the ref didn't want to stop the fight early out of some woman pride cause she wasn't out and was technically "guarding" herself

I can't get on this women beating each other up thing though, shit just feels wrong.
    test
  6. Kid Blackie

Kid Blackie to your Jess Willard

haha.
    test
  7. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

[​IMG]

took 2 solid shots. that dude is tough!
    test
  8. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

actually, after watching that fight, i don't know what's worse; lookin like finney after the beatdown, or like cyborg normal.
    test
  9. NOBLE SOLDIER

NOBLE SOLDIER Fireball Kid

lol.. i did feel bad for the chick.. but i'll be damned.. she took a beating
    test
  10. DahStoryTella

DahStoryTella knowledge of self

Word. I was gonna say, it might not have been so uncomfortable if the ref stopped it when it was supposed to be.

Then again, I'm not a ref so what do I know?

Anytime Finney was curled up in the fetal position, I was like ''why isn't this over?''

I'm interested in who her next challenger is. Only good thing I can think of is to bring Miesha Tate up to 145.
    test
  11. Big K

Big K U Wanna Battle?

From this point on, Cyborg should only fight men.
    test
  12. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

all i kept thinkin was it played out as if it was a bully beating up some girl after school an no one would step in
    test
  13. M.T

M.T Registered User

She was too brave for her own good. That ref was frustrating to watch. She kept telling her to defend herself in the second round, she didn't think that maybe the beating she took up to that point had something to do with her lack of defense?
    test
  14. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

and the real thing is, you could tell the girl had good techinique and power, it's just cyborg has a dude chin and dude strength....

I guarantee she'd have more than a few wins if she fought guys at her weight class
    test
  15. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

only reasons i doubt this is due to takedowns, and the power men have over women. think she could take a florian punch?
    test
  16. Odysseus

Odysseus a marvelous muthafucka

hrm, maybe womens mma should be filled with nonathletic models for our male monkey enjoyment?
    test
  17. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

has nothin to do with how ugly cyborg is.
    test
  18. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

yeah actually lol

her ground game is terrible i don't really think it would have to do with male vs female, look at her build and muscle mass
    test
  19. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

[youtube]4eplLem4jPs[/youtube]

she punches harder that houston alexander, and still looks female :scared:
    test
  20. Kid Blackie

Kid Blackie to your Jess Willard

think zyclon is spot on about the biggest threat to cyborg/women fighters in general going against guys would be wrestling.

Women just don't get that same experience as men. Women wrestlers are always the freaks of the wrestling team.

But it's also why I enjoy watching women's mma so much. You get to see more aspects of mma emphasized because there are so few great women wrestlers.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.