any tips why my over dubs

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by lyricalpriest, Mar 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

are always off? i suck at them is there a trick i can use to get passed that process?
    test
  2. WaltzWeb

WaltzWeb New Member

VocALign
    by: Synchro Arts
    test
  3. breathlesss

breathlesss Registered Sex Offender

I've done it a few different ways, being my own "hype man" and emphasizing along with it live never worked well for me. I've also just copied a whole verse, changed the vocal effect (tone, e ho/reverb et. ) and that works alright but ends up sounding mechanical, cool edit also has an "auto chorus" effect that makes one track sound overdubbed, but again, mechancal.
    The best but most time consuming method I've found is rapping the whole verse again while listening to the original, sorta sing along, but get it as close as possible, then go through and slice it up and move pieces the slight micro seconds to line up with the wavelengths for the doubling t's, p's and whatnot, and editing the volume up or down where necessary. For me this has brought out some nice self harmonies, and back pain from hours of intensive computer labor
    test
  4. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

oh snap son, i guess i forgot that maybe i could just mix it down like what u suggested.. thanks fam, i guess i just gotta get grimy wit it..
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.