Any other RPG fans with a PS3 waiting for FF9 to get thrown on the PSN?

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by TsirhCitna, Jun 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TsirhCitna

TsirhCitna New Member

Shit is mad overdue, Japan and Europe have had it for three and two weeks respectively. Give me my childhood!

We'll see with the update tomorrow.
    test
  2. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

I still got it for ps1, and ps3 can play those i think.....no point in buying again
    test
  3. Ax Cess

Ax Cess Huh...

I used to love this game when I was a kid...still my fav FF other than FFT.
    test
  4. TsirhCitna

TsirhCitna New Member

it came out the week of E3 on tuesday.
    test
  5. NaSh

NaSh o_

u prefered it to 7 and 8?
    test
  6. TsirhCitna

TsirhCitna New Member

i don't, actually, but it's still a good final fantasy game and they won't be making them with that kind of quality structure anymore. i'm pretty sure ff12 and ff13 have set the tone for what people should expect from the future ATB final fantasy games; more 'innovation' to stray from the familiar formula. i guess they felt it got dull since they pretty much took the 2d final fantasy formula and applied it in 3d too much without variety in overall structure. i suppose decided they needed something other than three dimensional graphics and an old recipe to appeal to the fanbase.

i have this minor annoyance with the 3 second delay it takes to load a battle(like, the game jumbles the screen, the screen goes black, then the music starts and you wait three seconds from that point for anything to start) and i really don't like how you are literally FORCED to use trance (think limit break) whenever it reaches capacity. the combat is kind of boring during the first disc and it's very slow all the time, which is why they have you use 4 characters instead of 3 like the past 3d final fantasies.

to be quite honest, my favourite 3d final fantasies go ffx -> ff7 -> ff8 -> ffx-2 -> ff9 -> everything else. it's still got its own place in my mind, so i figured it might be mutual. i guess it's not the case for most people on this site.

but yeah, i don't see it as superior to the other games. the story is pretty much the only thing better from the other games (not ffx though) but besides that, all the mechanics and perks of the other FF games kind of trump everything that FF9 presents you. the way you learn abilities is kind of.. annoying? it makes the combat seem even slower. if the characters didn't do a shitload of damage to one enemy then you probably wouldn't notice this, but its very obvious when you're grinding abilities before a dungeon.

just my opinion.
    test
  7. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

13 would have been good without the lame ass cast of whiney characters. Way to much melodrama

9 was fun from what i remember, but i never beat it (like most final fantasy's including 12 and 13..lol)

7 is the best ever though........never really went back and played the old ones though
    test
  8. vibe

vibe Sounds like a hit to me.

im tryin to download an iso for ff9 but i cant find one thats compatible w epsxe..but i havent beat 9 myself yet so im tryin to accomplish that whenever i do.
    test
  9. TsirhCitna

TsirhCitna New Member

i don't know if you read this forum often, but i thought it was weird you couldn't get ff9 to run on your epsxe since i saw my fiance playing it on espxe literally like two days ago. here you go:

Q: How can I get Final Fantasy 9 US/JAP working?
    A: It isn't playable in ePSXe 1.0.0 due to an emulation bug. Anyway, this bug has
    been fixed in 1.0.1 and higher :). When using Pete's hardware (D3D/OGL>
    plugins, remember to set Offscreen Drawing to standard in order see the battle
    menus, and set Framebuffer Textures to Gfx Card Buffer (If your video card supports
    it, check Pete's docs) or Full VRam Primitives (Note: Full VRAM Primitives WILL slow
    down ePSXe immensely), so you can see the effect which occurs every time you enter a
    battle.

source: http://www.epsxe.com/files/ePSXe_FAQ.txt

link to an ultimate final fantasy torrent that has a full, untrimmed and clean ISO of FFIX(9) on it, ********REMOVE THE SPACES IN THE LINK********:
    http://www . demonoid . com/files/details/2194736/35672382/
    test
  10. twdIDescipleI

twdIDescipleI New Member

nope...................
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.