any one else checked out one of those car audio liquidation sales?

Discussion in 'Car & Audio' started by De'yon, Jul 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. De'yon

De'yon Hustle Payper On the Beat

you know the ones that travel from colisium to colisium and advertise name brand car audio subs starting from $10 and name brand cd players from $30

I checked one out and I have to say it was a waiste of my $5 to get it.

the only name brand cd players they had started from $250 and the all the cheap stuff whur flea market brands like "Kingwood","Bossman","Strongman", "Punch audio", etc.

and the subbs whur a joke the guy had preloaded boxes from $280 but the only box with half ass reliable subs was a Pyle audio bandpass with 2 10"s ..

theire whur good deals on tho....
    small 50w X4 interior amps started at $49

and for $500 he had a hug cromed 2.5 foot long 6,500w rma 7,000w max amp with 2 huge3.5" cooling fans .....he had one hooked up driving 2 15"s, 2 12"s, and 2 10"s let say they whur all pounding.

and he had some cheap 200-500watt amps that came lot of defrent colors to mach your paint.

but unless your looking for a sub box or good deals on cloughes,knives, or computer stuff i would stay away from theses shows...

cause the first horrible deal I noticed was 5" screens from $99

but a local car audio shop has 7" wide screens for $69 and 10" flip screens from $150

if you realy wont cheap car audio your better off at Wall mart and thats no joke I trust Fosgate made Lightning audio alot more than I trust Kingwood or Bossman
    test
  2. BPINCdef

BPINCdef Renaissance Man

yea really cheap stuff, but thats the reason its so cheap
    test
  3. BPINCpd

BPINCpd BP INC

Yea, I've always wanted to go to one. I think all if its like refurb or "fell" of the back of a "truck".
    test
  4. BPINCdef

BPINCdef Renaissance Man

yea it always amazes me how scratch and dent and even refurb items are either clean as shit (accidently "fell" off the back of a truck) or nasty as shit (used everywhere from moms kitchen to the bathroom)
    any1 else notice that?
    test
  5. De'yon

De'yon Hustle Payper On the Beat

all the stuff I was lookin at had to be new stuff..

who would refurbish Kingwood subs not Kenwood but Kingwood and how would you even finde the parts.

but personaly I dont have a problem with realy cheap brands as long as you get realy cheap.......if you keep a couple cheap subs and amps layin around you dont have to panic when when ya speakers or amps blow cause ya got temporary backups........................
    test
  6. Trey M

Trey M \.=.

don't believe the hype...I went to one...they sell "Pyramid" "pyle" "lanzar"...do I need to say more?
    test
  7. BPINCpd

BPINCpd BP INC

yea, that hsit would be good for my Jeep tho. So when i go muddin or rock crawlin it wudnt matter if they got fucked up realy bad. pluss a big set of subs would make good emergency parking blocks.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.