Any fans of UFC Videogames Here?

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by LungZzZ, Jul 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LungZzZ

LungZzZ Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

UFC had a deal with THQ since there reality series brought life and popularity back to the company, to create UFC Video games. 3 Games were made, the first and third were worth a look and a couple pennies; second mostly a copy and paste of the first, with a VERY hard career mode to get used to.

While THQ was pumping out UFC titles, EA eventually decided to dabble into the MMA world as well, after Dana reportedly said they turned him down when he first came to them with the idea. Thus formed EA MMA, a game I found to be funner to play than both UFC Undisputed 2009/2010 in the long-run, with easier ground controls and faster striking, making for more interesting/equal online fights. ONE major thing EA MMA lacked was the UFC Licensed fighters, there were some, like Randy and Hendo, but the game clearly fell short in that area (though who could blame them, Dana is smart).

NOW EA and UFC have teamed up (Sorry THQ), and I think systems everywhere better beware. Here is the list of currently confirmed fighters for EA Sports UFC:

Heavyweights:
    1. Junior Dos Santos
    2. Cain Velasquez
    3. Daniel Cormier
    4. Frank Mir
    5. Roy Nelson
    6. Pat Barry
    7. Brendan Schaub
    8. Matt Mitrione

Light Heavyweights:
    1. Jon Jones
    2. Chuck Liddell
    3. Phil Davis

Middleweights:
    1. Anderson Silva
    2. Wanderlei Silva
    3. Alan Belcher
    4. Jake Shields

Welterweights:
    1. Georges St-Pierre
    2. B.J. Penn
    3. Carlos Condit
    4. Jake Ellenberger
    5. Matt Serra
    6. Johny Hendricks
    7. Mike Pyle

Lightweights:
    1. Ben Henderson
    2. Gilbert Melendez
    3. Anthony Pettis
    4. Donald Cerrone
    5. Clay Guida

Featherweights:
    1. Jose Aldo
    2. Chan Sung Jung

Bantamweights:
    1. Dominick Cruz
    2. Urijah Faber

Flyweights:
    1. Joseph Benavidez
    2. Demetrious Johnson
    3. Jon Dodson
    test
  2. LungZzZ

I found it odd Chuck was still there, but I do like that either way. He isn't a character I would personally use, but he is a "party" character, someone the casual fan can recognize right off the get-go.

From what I gathered Chuck is helping EA a lot right now with this game as well.

EDIT: I DO LIKE that I don't see Rampage. The dude is a G and will be remembered but he fucked up big time.
    test
  3. Makabreli

Makabreli done

I think almost any hall of fame worthy fighter should be available in all ufc games, similar to how wwe always has unlockable legends in their games.
    test
  4. LungZzZ

Was Randy in any UFC games? I think they held him back from all of them (EA was the only one that bought his rights for their counter UFC product before) because of the beef they had from the past.
    test
  5. Makabreli

Makabreli done

don't think so. probably a contractual thing because i know ufc included the likes of cro cop, arlovski, and hendo despite them being elsewhere during the release of the game.
    test
  6. Makabreli

Makabreli done

surprised dana doesn't throw in a fedor or frank shamrock knockoff as a glass jaw joe type can in career mode
    test
  7. LungZzZ

Naw, not the actual name though, then people would find a way to love it for what it is.

I could see maybe like a 27-1-1 dude you have to face, who is a fat Russian in a badly knitted sweater though. Named likke Gabe Shoebringer
    test
  8. J Keeper

J Keeper Super Jesus

EA Sports MMA was dope (thought it was better than UFC TBH).

Looking forward to it.
    test
  9. LungZzZ

^With you there. EA MMA was just way easier to get into control wise, for example, if friends were to come over, it would be less easy to beat them on EA because it was more fan friendly.
    test
  10. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

i have one of the newer old ones... cant remember which, but it mostly sucked donkey dicks
    test
  11. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

i have ufc sudden impact for ps2 :) <<<<<<< true ufc fan
    test
  12. LungZzZ

you just like horrible games.

naw
    test
  13. Makabreli

Makabreli done

haven't really played anything since the ps pride game back in the day where you could ko people with punches off your back
    test
  14. LungZzZ

^lmao that would of been useful in some of the newer ones
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.