Any Christians up to the challenge of debunking my lame, yet crafty argument?

Discussion in 'IntroSpectrum' started by M-theory, Nov 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

OK, now we're getting somewhere.

You're alluding to Jesus being fully man and also being part of God. I would assume you believe Jesus is currently both fully man and fully God, but from the way you spoke earlier I'm confused as to whether you actually accept that He (was) BODILY resurrected and ascended, or if you believe His ascension was just spirit. You did say something about Jesus being unlike He was on earth or something I think.
    test
  2. miscreant

miscreant 1996 was the shit

firstly

do u believe in Christ?

i've read some of your posts, you're educated in the scriptures

u seem to have an understanding of faith unlike a lotta people
    test
  3. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

hes saying jesus died 2000 years ago on earth. GOD CANT DIE HE IMMORTAL.not to mention not confined to the death thats in this world.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  4. TheBigPayback

his assention to heaven and coming back to earth as a spirit being was to prove to his people that death isnt the end of life. It is the beginging of life spiritually. As a spirit being.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  5. TheBigPayback

his assention to heaven and coming back to earth as a spirit being was to prove to his people that death isnt the end of life. It is the beginging of life spiritually. As a spirit being. Which originally was all our original forms.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  6. TheBigPayback

jesus's name means God with us. He is the manifestation of God on earth and subject to everything us as humans go threw. Tempted by hunger for 40days? Thats real temptation when your being offered food. Anyways he came to fullfill the promises of the messiah, that hed be killed by his own people and resurrected. The salvation of sinners past present and future sin was covereved by his completely innocent blood that was shed for us. If there was one man on earth that lived PERFECT God couldve used his innocent blood, but no one was worthy. You can say Jesus calling was to live perfect a die innocent. The saving grace was Jesus's blood.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  7. TheBigPayback

good.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  8. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

Ehhh... just a way for me to go and over complicate things with my wandering mind.

I'll put it this way. God is good, no one is good but God - I don't believe God created the world because I don't know that God exists - but hinging not on whether he does or does not exist I believe that Christ is good - If God is good, and no one is good but God, then Christ is good and Christ is God - but if God does not exist then I believe that goodness is not merely an attribute of God but of man (also) - And Jesus was a good man, a man that I consider worth being God more than a god I do not know exists - If God did not create the world because God didn't exist, then I believe that God did not create the world through Jesus Christ - but that Jesus Christ overcame the world and overshadowed God - And if God is real and Jesus Christ were not God, then Jesus Christ should dethrone God rather than be at His right hand.
    test
  9. TheBigPayback

Posted via Mobile D
    test
  10. miscreant

miscreant 1996 was the shit

fuck homey

u talk like that cop in that tv show life

lol

im too tired 2 comprehend and respond right now
    test
  11. TheBigPayback

they are parts of God. One God that is the creator. Since God is seperated he used jesus and the HS to work on earth on his behalf.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  12. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

I don't believe my argument was flawed. In fact, what you are saying now was a part of my argument - in which I pointed out a contradiction of beliefs. One that talked of one true eternal living God, and another that talked of that one true living God dying. Because Christians believe that Jesus is God, and also that Jesus died my argument then is not flawed.

What I was doing is called begging the question. It's a fallacy. I'm not sure that's a flaw.

It's essentially the same as saying God has to exist because the Bible says so, and the Bible is God's innerant word so therefore you must believe it because God never lies.
    test
  13. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

Actually, scratch that out. I'm pretty convinced my original post wasn't fallacious either, so even if a fallacy does constitute a flaw, I'm not sure that it was either of those things. Possibly though. It might be a lacuna.
    test
  14. TheBigPayback

test
  15. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

My original post was an intentional set-up, which was pretty clear to all of us. The only thing that's a flaw in this whole exchange is the human mind, really.
    test
  16. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

You knew that my argument was 'wrong' beforehand, therefore you perceived it as flawed. That isn't necessarily true.
    test
  17. TheBigPayback

and th H.S.. One entity. Diff function.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  18. TheBigPayback

test
  19. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

No Payback, Jeremiah 1:5 does not say that he was consecrated a prophet even before he was in the womb. What Bible are you reading from? It says God knew Jeremiah even before the womb, but it says he was consecrated a prophet before he was born - not before the womb. Why would it make that distinction (in the same verse, no less) unless he was consecrated a prophet by God while he was in the womb?
    test
  20. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

Jer 1:5 Before I formed you in the belly I knew you; and before you came forth out of the womb I consecrated you, and I ordained you a prophet to the nations.

Jer 1:5 Before I formed thee in the bowels of thy mother, I knew thee: and before thou camest forth out of the womb, I sanctified thee, and made thee a prophet unto the nations.

Jer 1:5 "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations."

Jer 1:5 Before I formed thee in the wombe, I knewe thee, and before thou camest out of the wombe, I sanctified thee, and ordeined thee to be a Prophet vnto the nations.

Jer 1:5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

Can you show that all of these Bible translations (the last one is KJV) have got it wrong for me please?
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.